With its four bulbous roofs covering the medieval, crenellated towers, Castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne has all it take to charm visitors.
Lavaux-Sainte-Anne was erected around 1450 with all the defensive features of its time : moat, massive round towers, drawbridge, loopholes and a curved dike, forcing to assailants to lay in the open.
By 1630, the way of warfare had evolved and such castles had become obsolete, and Baron Jacques Reynard de Rouveroy adapted it to the tastes of the day by adding a gorgeous roof on the top of each tower and remodelling completely the interior of the castle and the inner courtyard.
The rooms of the castle are simple and graceful, with parquet and wooden furniture beffiting perfectly the medieval style.
Opening Hours & Admission
The castle is only open daily all year-round (except 1 January) from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (till 7:00 pm in July and August). Visits are by guided tours of 1 hour 45 minutes.
Admission is 5.50 € for adults, 5.20 € for people over 60, 4.70 € for students, and 3.80 € for children between 5 and 12 years old.
How to get there
The castle sits right next to the E 411 (Brussels-Luxembourg) motorway. Take exit 22a coming from Brussels, or exit 23, then the N94 coming from Luxembourg. Although the access by car is very straightforward, it is much more difficult to reach the castle by public transport.
View Larger Map
Ask your travel questions on the Benelux Travel Forum