Ethnic group
Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b1a1* M73 (R-L150)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b2a1a-T16311C!
Hi! I am new on this forum.
I did my test on iGENEA / FTDNA and the results got like this:
Deep clade is still running, most likely to be L-23. Sub-groups "attached" to western europe are tested negative, that includes celts, italics and germanics. Which left these remaining:

R1b1a2a* - L23
R1b1a2a1* - L150
R1b1a2a1a* - L51

Y-DNA:
Haplogroup - R1b1a2
Ancient tribe: still to be determined
Region of origin: South-East Europe

mt-DNA:
Haplogroup - U
Ancient tribe: Slavs, Ancient peoples of Italy
Region of origin: Eastern Europe

How and when did my ancestors from the R1b get to Albania? (They came to Kosovo maybe 4 generations ago before me). It's hard to tell, I never lived in the Balkans myself.

That clade of R1b is particularly common in Balkans so nothing surprising there.
It would be more interestin you exact clade of your MtDna

Thank you for the reply, but I did not ask if it was surprising or not.

Hi! I am new on this forum.
I did my test on iGENEA / FTDNA and the results got like this:
Deep clade is still running, most likely to be L-23. Sub-groups "attached" to western europe are tested negative, that includes celts, italics and germanics. Which left these remaining:

R1b1a2a* - L23
R1b1a2a1* - L150
R1b1a2a1a* - L51

Y-DNA:
Haplogroup - R1b1a2
Ancient tribe: still to be determined
Region of origin: South-East Europe

mt-DNA:
Haplogroup - U
Ancient tribe: Slavs, Ancient peoples of Italy
Region of origin: Eastern Europe

How and when did my ancestors from the R1b get to Albania? (They came to Kosovo maybe 4 generations ago before me). It's hard to tell, I never lived in the Balkans myself.

Your subclade is probably a parent clade to most R1b subclades found in western europe, that's why it tested negative compared to them. This means it has been in the balkans at least since 3000-2000 BC. My view is that it is pelazgian. Just curious, from where did your ancestors come to Kosovo?

Yes, and according to iGENEA I'm native to the Balkans, south-east Europe. That means not Hittite etc.
(Y-DNA) They live in Kosovo, Komuna e Klines, Qabiq. I don't know who came there first, but my grandfather is from Qabiq, also my father.
They came from the North of Albania, If I am not wrong. If it has anything to say, we're European white, light brown hair or blonde hair. Eye color is brown-green, green or blue. Yes, I counted all from the same Y-DNA as I know.

Your haplogroup is a Balkan sub clade with a peak in Kosovo. It's ancestral clade origin is from East Turkey and Northern Iraq region. It is difficult to determine when it came in Balkans but it was probably latter than EV-13. Perhaps they came in group with J2b2* during late Neolithic times.

And, your Y-DNA has nothing to do with your recent ancestry and how you look.

Btw, you are from Gashi tribe?

Yes, I am Gashi from a village called Qabiq in Kosovo, it's close to Klina which again is not so far from Peja.

This is interesting, so Gashi may generally be R1b. I have come to conclude that the highlanders are mainly E-V13 (Kelmendi being part of it), J2b2* are mainly the lowlanders. I do not know much about I. Thanks for posting your results gashi91.

It seems that there is a lot that I dont know. But Kelmendi, do you have any good sources which got you to your conclusions?

This is interesting, so Gashi may generally be R1b. I have come to conclude that the highlanders are mainly E-V13 (Kelmendi being part of it), J2b2* are mainly the lowlanders. I do not know much about I. Thanks for posting your results gashi91.

Tribes are not formed exclusively from a single haplogroup. I would rather say they are mixed. From where did you conclude that lowlanders are J2b2* highlanders EV-13?

I am sorry that I cannot give you any sources. I have done my researches for 3 years now for myself only, because I found the EV13 very intriguing. I am of Kelmendi tribe myself.

I am sorry that I cannot give you any sources. I have done my researches for 3 years now for myself only, because I found the EV13 very intriguing. I am of Kelmendi tribe myself.

So, you are saying that there are other Kelmendis and Highlanders tested and all of them are EV-13?

Not all of them, most of them.

Please note that I do not use the absolute expressions, I use "may" or "mostly".

Your HaplogroupTests Taken
R-L150M269+ L150+ U106- P312- L51- L23-

Now it's confirmed. My haplogroup is R-L150. What I don't understand is how it managed to make L23- and then L150+.
Unless I got this wrong, it should be more like R1b1a21, because it skips L23, which is the ( a ) in R1b1a2a1.

I'm also R-L150 from Kosova.

I'm also R-L150 from Kosova.
Great! Check your innbox for Mail. Make sure to join the YDNA project, there is a link some posts above.

Great! Check your innbox for Mail. Make sure to join the YDNA project, there is a link some posts above.
My fathers male side of the family are from The village Morina in Kosovo.

This thread has been viewed 16191 times.

Back