The Celts of Iberia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop with the drollery little guy. You are a South American hater, same pattern and clear evidence according to de way you write.

You betrayed yourself with such pathetic mistake. Time to visit the psychiatrist.

Stop with the codswallop already! Some people just can't acknowledge reality even if it hits them over the head like a ton of bricks. Completely clueless fools...

Stop with the drollery little guy. You are a South American hater, same pattern and clear evidence according to de way you write.

You betrayed yourself with such pathetic mistake. Time to visit the psychiatrist.

Gentlemen, mind your languages.

Regardless of that, I'm running out of patience with this thread.

Hi sile, no way...the raiders of hispania were bereber and ARABS. THAT'S A FACT.

Check this out: Arab and Berber forces then remained in control for more than five centuries, with a gradual withdrawal toward Andalusia in the south and a final expulsion in 1492. Today, signs of this lengthy Islamic occupation are abundantly obvious in the place names, language, archaeology, 18 architecture, and other cultural traits of Spain and Portugal, but its demographic impact is less clear.http://download.cell.com/AJHG/pdf/PIIS0002929708005922.pdf?intermediate=true

Gentlemen, mind your languages.

Regardless of that, I'm running out of patience with this thread.

What's up taranis around your patience, I'm trying to debate based on facts and surveys. or What do you mean?

I know it Taranis. I wanted to make clear that he is lying since the begining. No Irish or Cherokee, only a Hispanic speaker could commit such writing mistake. Consider what I said, that's all.

Sorry.

Just ignore the guy. He's already severely embarrassed himself.

Hi Frank, that page isn't scientific...is just a blog.
A blog ? Are you kidding me ? It's a scientific publication from Nature.

Just ignore him. It's impossible for Atllia to defend himself in any way as all the genetic evidence refutes whatever he posits. His main purpose is to annoy people with nonsense. Why is he allowed to continue here?

What's up taranis around your patience, I'm trying to debate based on facts and surveys. or What do you mean?

I'm growing tired of these endless discussions between non-Iberian board members arguing the non-Europeanness of Iberians and Iberian board members denying any bit of non-Europeanness of Iberians. I think that these discussions are not only totally pointless but also borderline racist. On top of that this has very little to do with the original thread topic, which is the Celtic-speaking peoples of the Iberian peninsula.

A blog ? Are you kidding me ? It's a scientific publication from Nature.

Amazing, he thinks that one of the most respected scientific publications in the world is a blog. I'm dumbfounded.:confused: Does he also think Scientific American, New England Journal of Medicine, etc. are blogs?:rolleyes:

Taranis:

It's pretty obvious what's going on here. Certain individuals join this forum simply to irritate Iberians with lies about their genetics and ethnic ancestries. They have no interest in intelligent discussion.

One should stick to the topic or egress the thread.

I'm growing tired of these endless discussions between non-Iberian board members arguing the non-Europeanness of Iberians and Iberian board members denying any bit of non-Europeanness of Iberians. I think that these discussions are not only totally pointless but also borderline racist. On top of that this has very little to do with the original thread topic, which is the Celtic-speaking peoples of the Iberian peninsula.

Iberians simply want to be portrayed accurately, genetically and ethnically. That's fair, yes? No population group is 100% of anything and Iberians, like other Europeans, have minor percentages of non-Euopean admixture, such as N. African, W. Asian and so on. The level of extra-European genome contribution is not at all meaningful, compared to the size of the Euro elements. To repeat what I said on another thread: concentrate on the major Iberian genetic components, such as Paleolithic, Proto-Celtic, Celtic, etc. Those are worthy of full discussion.

Iand Iberian board members denying any bit of non-Europeanness of Iberians.
Oh please..We are hardly inventing anything. We are getting all our information from autosomal studies and genetic projects.

Oh please..We are hardly inventing anything. We are getting all our information from autosomal studies and genetic projects.

Although the Iberian posters here have generally been more accurate than posters like Atilla, the concern is the flood of posts about the same subject and the fact that the responses are often impolite or hostile. You guys ought to become more adept at ignoring other users and better at deflecting the conversation back on topic.

Like so:

So I was recently reading the Sopeña paper on Celtiberian religion and it got me thinking: based on our limited knowledge of Celtiberian religion, it's pretty clear that it was Celtic at its core, but to what degree can we see elements from non-Celtic Mediterranean sources, and when did they get there? For example, Sopeña cites Mediterranean-influenced "plastic" representations of the gods, but assumes them to be a late introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 1020314 times.

Back