The Gay Marriage Controversy

How do you feel about gay marriage?

• I feel it is wrong and should be banned.

Votes: 62 26.1%
  • I feel homosexual couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples.

Votes: 152 63.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 10.1%

• Total voters
" On other hand you are the one who tells others what they are and how they should feel about their sexuality. If you are heterosexsual, you want everyone to be heterosexusual,..."

You are wrong! I am not against homosexuals,I am against the massive hysteria and the aggressive political propaganda surrounding homosexuality. That's all. Easy to understand.

" On other hand you are the one who tells others what they are and how they should feel about their sexuality. If you are heterosexsual, you want everyone to be heterosexusual,..."

You are wrong! I am not against homosexuals,I am against the massive hysteria and the aggressive political propaganda surrounding homosexuality. That's all. Easy to understand.
Who are you kidding? lol. The only reason you see this "aggressive political propaganda surrounding homosexuality" is because you are scared by homosexuality or you find it disgusting. For you every gay in public place or in a movie is "aggressive political propaganda".

Go ahead and organize one. How difficult it can be? Does it bother you when others are organized and having fun?
Perhaps we should be bothered by cultural and religious parades too if it is not our ethnicity or our religion?

Why would I celebrate my sexuality? Don't see the point in celebrating something like that..Offcourse I like when others are having fun, but fun and sexual parades have no connection at all..Like I said, I don't think that sexuality should be matter of celebration..I'm having fun while reading a book and also while drinking coffee with my friends..Should I organize a drinking coffee parade or coffee with friends parade? Also I enjoy running, running parade anyone? My favourite color is blue, blue color parade? Get it, it's my personal thing!
Homosexual parades could do more damage to homosexuals than good in my opinion. Parades where people are almost engaged in coitus (Sheldon Cooper style) shouldn't be a matter of public parade and I'm against it like I would be against a parade of heterosexuals almost engaged in one above mentioned.
Hope it's more clear to you now..

Pravni portal
Pravo i pravni pojmovi

Last edited:
Why would I celebrate my sexuality? Don't see the point in celebrating something like that..Offcourse
Great, your choice.
I like when others are having fun, but fun and sexual parades have no connection at all..Like I said, I don't think that sexuality should be matter of celebration.
Why you are against others feeling differently about this matter?

.I'm having fun while reading a book and also while drinking coffee with my friends..Should I organize a drinking coffee parade or coffee with friends parade?
Again, it is your choice, just don't be against other people choices in this matter, if they feel like organizing coffee parade. Never heard of coffee festival?
http://www.mydestinationpuertorico.com/travel-articles/celebrating-puerto-ricos-coffee-harvest
Also I enjoy running, running parade anyone?
Wait, you are not very observant fellow, because running parades happen everywhere in a major cities. How come it doesn't bother you? You didn't even notice, lol. Parades of runners going through Bosnian cities every year, and everywhere on this planet. 5 km, 10k, 20k, marathons, cross country, you name it, lol, a celebration of running!
https://www.mynextrun.com/run/10k/Bosnia+and+Herzegovina
How come you let them do such disgusting thing in public. Hords of half naked men and women running through centers of our cities. Please, stop them, protest, do something!!! Many of them ending up in hospitals. Save them for their own good!

My favourite color is blue, blue color parade? Get it, it's my personal thing!
Now you are just being silly. You compare importance of colour blue to sexuality of people.
Funny you mentioned Blue. There is a movie about this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct3YNVqXhgg

Homosexual parades could do more damage to homosexuals than good in my opinion. Parades where people are almost engaged in coitus (Sheldon Cooper style) shouldn't be a matter of public parade and I'm against it like I would be against a parade of heterosexuals almost engaged in one above mentioned.
Are you also against pair dancing?

maxresdefault.jpg

How come this doesn't bother you? Or all the parades and festivals with dancing, the imitation of pair bonding, touching and sexual acts?

So let's summed it up:
You are not against parades, you are against gays' parades.
You are not against dancing, just against dancing gays.
And not even against gays, just against gays doing gay stuff.

I hope you can see now how pathetic your stand against gay parades is. You know what is funny? I don't have anything against gay parades, but I don't care for them, don't watch them, don't go there. I don't even remember last time I saw a gay parade on TV news, though they happen every year in every bigger city in Canada. I'm sure there are not too many gay parades in Bosnia, if ever happened, but you are so strongly against them.
Think about this. Why is that? Perhaps you are afraid of a scarecrow?

What difference from the gay pride in Stockholm to that of Belgrade in 2010. and things did not change much in 6 years anyway

Both prime minister and leader of the opposition in Malta attended gaypride Malta. (they represent 98% of Maltese electorate)

Prime minister (Joseph Muscat: Labour)

Its important in a symbolic way to celebrate this day. We are proud as a small nation to have given equal rights to the gay community and our government has taken leadership and rebutted a passive stance. We have the satisfaction to see that Gay marriage is well accepted in our society and this is an natural evolution the country has to go through.

Leader of the opposition (Simon Busutil, Conservatives)

We are reminding on this day that the LGBT is a part of our society. We who are leaders have to understand and take action in the right direction. That is the reason that I am here today.

Who are you kidding? lol. The only reason you see this "aggressive political propaganda surrounding homosexuality" is because you are scared by homosexuality or you find it disgusting. For you every gay in public place or in a movie is "aggressive political propaganda".

Stop tell me how I feel!You are not my therapist.

lebrok im not some fanatical anti gay person, but you have to be honest a gay parade is significantly different from the vast majority of parades. Here in vienna they had a gay parade, people were literally holding dildos walking around naked with sex toys, people in chains, and everyone carrying rainbow flags. I also saw tons of people carrying signs saying blasphemous things against Christians. I went to a parade for the traditional family and the lesbian protestors threw used tampons on us. This isnt a normal movemtn and is nothing like people celebrating normal things like dancing or descent normal civil rights movments like what martin luther king jr was doing. People outside of the west are horrified at these things and unlike the past were the west was usually in the right when it came to civil rights, we have now perverted it into a distortion of reality and are equating a relationship that is completely fruitless to a relationship that is the cause for all of human existence. This isnt about being tolerant or intolerant or live and let live, its just about standing for whats true and whats not true. Homosexuality is not beneficial to society and should not be equated to heterosexuality. it makes me sound bad, but ten years ago this was a view held by the vast majority of people and no one would have claimed i was a fanatic or unreasonable for believing that. In the past five years though the homosexual agenda amped up all of its propoganda and now suddenly everyone is a big supporter. We just need to be honest with ourselves, this isnt a normal movement and eventually society will revert back to supporting the traditional family as its the most natural and proper way of continuing soceity.

lebrok im not some fanatical anti gay person, but you have to be honest a gay parade is significantly different from the vast majority of parades. Here in vienna they had a gay parade, people were literally holding dildos walking around naked with sex toys, people in chains, and everyone carrying rainbow flags. I also saw tons of people carrying signs saying blasphemous things against Christians. I went to a parade for the traditional family and the lesbian protestors threw used tampons on us. This isnt a normal movemtn and is nothing like people celebrating normal things like dancing or descent normal civil rights movments like what martin luther king jr was doing. People outside of the west are horrified at these things and unlike the past were the west was usually in the right when it came to civil rights, we have now perverted it into a distortion of reality and are equating a relationship that is completely fruitless to a relationship that is the cause for all of human existence. This isnt about being tolerant or intolerant or live and let live, its just about standing for whats true and whats not true. Homosexuality is not beneficial to society and should not be equated to heterosexuality. it makes me sound bad, but ten years ago this was a view held by the vast majority of people and no one would have claimed i was a fanatic or unreasonable for believing that. In the past five years though the homosexual agenda amped up all of its propoganda and now suddenly everyone is a big supporter. We just need to be honest with ourselves, this isnt a normal movement and eventually society will revert back to supporting the traditional family as its the most natural and proper way of continuing soceity.

ascent, rise, upswing
[h=2]Synonym Discussion of decadence[/h]deterioration, degeneration, decadence, decline mean the falling from a higher to a lower level in quality, character, or vitality. deterioration implies generally the impairment of value or usefulness <the deterioration of the house through neglect>. degeneration stresses physical, intellectual, or especially moral retrogression <the degeneration of their youthful idealism into cynicism>. decadence presupposes a reaching and passing the peak of development and implies a turn downward with a consequent loss in vitality or energy <cited love of luxury as a sign of cultural decadence>. decline differs from decadence in suggesting a more markedly downward direction and greater momentum as well as more obvious evidence of deterioration <the meteoric decline of his career after the scandal>.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decadence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW5KieBAm1c

[h=1]Moral Relativism[/h]First published Thu Feb 19, 2004; substantive revision Mon Apr 20, 2015
Moral relativism is an important topic in metaethics. It is also widely discussed outside philosophy (for example, by political and religious leaders), and it is controversial among philosophers and nonphilosophers alike. This is perhaps not surprising in view of recent evidence that people's intuitions about moral relativism vary widely. Though many philosophers are quite critical of moral relativism, there are several contemporary philosophers who defend forms of it. These include such prominent figures as Gilbert Harman, Jesse J. Prinz, J. David Velleman and David B. Wong. The term ‘moral relativism’ is understood in a variety of ways. Most often it is associated with an empirical thesis that there are deep and widespread moral disagreements and a metaethical thesis that the truth or justification of moral judgments is not absolute, but relative to the moral standard of some person or group of persons. Sometimes ‘moral relativism’ is connected with a normative position about how we ought to think about or act towards those with whom we morally disagree, most commonly that we should tolerate them.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/moral-relativism/

Amen.....................

its just about standing for whats true and whats not true.

Thats exactly what you are not doing.....being true. Homosexuality been round since time immemorial. Living in denial is not an option in 2016. It also exists in other animal species, and you are to here to lecture what is true and whats not true. I wonder if you would reason that way if you had a child that was homosexual. What do you expect? to exterminate us? or make us live a false life like the era you are talking about. You are talking of a time when homosexuals used to go to prison and were considered mentally sick. You are talking of a time when social pressures used to make homosexuals get into false marriages and bullying and persecution was the norm with blessing. Who is shocked with equal rights? someone from a third world country or fanatically religious country such as the Muslim ones.Of course you sound bad and shame on you and stop insulting me.

The need to is take marriage away from religious institutes and make only civil marriages legitimate .............same as Italy has done since 1805 ( introduced by Napoleon )...........( one can have a religious marriage after the civil ceremony , if you like )

this will then change many peoples attitudes over gay marriage as time passes

If the country is a secular country, one has to have civil marriages as a must ...............anything else does not make any sense.

The evidence is clear, imo; some people are just "wired" differently. There have always been homosexuals, as Maleth pointed out. It's part of the spectrum of human identity and sexual orientation. We don't yet know exactly why that's the case, but that much is clear as far as I'm concerned. Indeed, I think that human sexuality is on a continuum. In certain circumstances, at certain stages of life, adolescence, for example, the lines might get a little blurry for more people than the percentage who are actually homosexuals.

Given that, the question is, do you treat them with respect and accord them the same equal rights accorded to other human beings, or do you not? Do you make them hide who they are? For me, there's no doubt about the answer. I'm not interested in criminalizing the type of sexual behavior going on between consenting adults in the privacy of their own rooms, homosexual or heterosexual.

That's an entirely different issue than whether I find gay pride parades tasteful. I don't. I wouldn't find heterosexuals marching around like that tasteful either. No one is forcing me to go, and I don't.

In fact, given what most people over 20 look like, I would say keeping on their clothes in public places is a good aesthetic choice. Heck, I don't even like using the locker room at the gym sometimes; way too much information, if you get what I mean. Now, the tango is a totally different thing. :)

Thats exactly what you are not doing.....being true. Homosexuality been round since time immemorial. Living in denial is not an option in 2016. It also exists in other animal species, and you are to here to lecture what is true and whats not true. I wonder if you would reason that way if you had a child that was homosexual. What do you expect? to exterminate us? or make us live a false life like the era you are talking about. You are talking of a time when homosexuals used to go to prison and were considered mentally sick. You are talking of a time when social pressures used to make homosexuals get into false marriages and bullying and persecution was the norm with blessing. Who is shocked with equal rights? someone from a third world country or fanatically religious country such as the Muslim ones.Of course you sound bad and shame on you and stop insulting me.

you didnt read my posts well I never claimed gays should be exterminated or punished in any way, actually i started off my first comment saying the exact opposite none of us are perfect and we all have mental complexes but to try and act as they are good is something i could never do. I would reason exactly the same if my child was gay. I would love him and accept him but i would never aprove of homosexuality as a good and healthy behavior just as I dont approve of my own behavior when it isnt good or healthy and ive made a lot of mistakes. Saying there have always been homosexuals is not a proof that it is a good behavior and not a mental complex. Its not only poeple from third world countries, many of us are shocked in western countries still to this day. Countries from all across the world are looking at the west from china to kenya thinking we have lost our marbles because we act like men dressing as women are totally mentally healthy people when its obviously not the case. Im not insulting anyone just stating the fact that a relationship that beirs no fruit can never be equal to a relationship that is the reason for all of human existence. Do you not have a mother and father? yes you do its the only way you could come into this world. All of us have a mother and a father even orphans, they just dont know them, but we all know the ideal situation for a child to grow up is to be with his biological mother and father and that is the natural and normal way of things, everything besides this is either a less ideal situation or a deviant form of the original one. Even in homosexual relationships very often one takes the dominate and masculine role while the other takes the submissive and feminine role, this is very common especially among lesbians, this is a plane immitation of the whats natural in our species trying to recreate the masculine and feminine energies in a relationship that cant fully do it. shame on me yes for stating the truth

Given that, the question is, do you treat them with respect and accord them the same equal rights accorded to other human beings, or do you not? Do you make them hide who they are? For me, there's no doubt about the answer. I'm not interested in criminalizing the type of sexual behavior going on between consenting adults in the privacy of their own rooms, homosexual or heterosexual.

That's an entirely different issue than whether I find gay pride parades tasteful. I don't. I wouldn't find heterosexuals marching around like that tasteful either. No one is forcing me to go, and I don't.

a step further is whether gay people should adopt and raise children

The evidence is clear, imo; some people are just "wired" differently. There have always been homosexuals, as Maleth pointed out. It's part of the spectrum of human identity and sexual orientation. We don't yet know exactly why that's the case, but that much is clear as far as I'm concerned. Indeed, I think that human sexuality is on a continuum. In certain circumstances, at certain stages of life, adolescence, for example, the lines might get a little blurry for more people than the percentage who are actually homosexuals.

In fact, given what most people over 20 look like, I would say keeping on their clothes in public places is a good aesthetic choice. Heck, I don't even like using the locker room at the gym sometimes; way too much information, if you get what I mean. Now, the tango is a totally different thing. :)

Angela I never claimed homosexuals should be punished or criminalized for being homosexuals, I clearly said they shoudnt be. I really am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone or be intolerant to anyone, im just stating what i see as true and i think im being very reasonable. Just answer me this one question. Should an adult mother and an adult son be allowed to be married legally? If they both are adults and love eachother and give full consent who are we to stop them? incest has always been a part of the human identity and is very common in the animal kingdom. Incestual relationships have always existed so why shouldnt they be allowed to be married? also with technology these days there is no worry that they would have an unhealthy child as that can easily be prevented these days so what is the problem? the fact is most poeple would say thats not right, not natural and not a healthy relationship.

I also dont buy that argument that they are wired differently. We all are sexual creatures, as a man i dont have to tell you how strong sexual desires are and how they can be geared in many ways. Sexual experiences are also associative meaning our past sexual experiences influence our sexual attraction. Even places or objects that are involved in our sexual experiences can turn us on just from being around them. There are literally people with thousands of the strangest fettishes out there, and many of them are not dangerous or hurting anyone but still we wouldnt call them healthy or good. Its very obvious that sexual orientation isnt set in stone. Thats why there are people who are bi and have relationships with all sexes and all types of people, many people in jail for instance carry out sexual relationships with their own sex but when they get out continue to have heterosexual relationships. The fact is there is no such thing as straight and gay. These are modern terms that were foreign to the ancient greeks and romans as greeks thought both relationships should be carried out. Exclusive homosexuality is actually a very modern construct and is something that is also extrmely ever seen in the animal kingdom outside of humans as animals will have sex with anything. Why is it so hard for me to believe that maybe some people choose to be in relatioinships with members of their own sex because they feel more comfortable mentally there than they do with the opposite sex? there are many logical mental processes that could lead one to be homosexual and have nothing to do if one is born that way or not.

Also I treat all people with love and respect I dont in any way want to isolate people or make them feel they dont belong, but hurting peoples feelings shouldnt be a hindarance to me when considering what is true or not, many times the best thing for people is not want they want to hear.

Well, I'm glad that you don't approve of denying homosexuals human rights or treating them with disrespect.

As to your view of homosexuality, we'll have to agree to disagree, I think. I agree there are people who, because it is increasingly accepted, might have homosexual experiences where once it might not even have occurred to them. I also agree that being who we are, people who are isolated from members of the opposite sex might turn for sexual fulfilment to someone of their own sex, even though that isn't their preference. There are also people, jaded with experiences with their own sex, who might turn to homosexual sex for titillation. In adolescence, when sexual identity is more fluid, sexualized feelings can attach themselves to a good friend or a slightly older and admired person. It passes.

I'm not talking about any of that. I'm talking about people who from the earliest awakening of sexual feeling have fantasized only about other men, have only been attracted to other men. I know men like that, have worked with them, have grown to love some as friends. It's who they are...I don't know if you've done any research into the subject, but the science seems to bear it out.

Now, you're right; if the whole world turned to homosexuality, it would be a huge problem for the human race. There's absolutely no chance of that, however; there's nothing to fear. At the most we're talking about a few percent to 10% of men. Even if it were a psychological aberration and not a matter of genetic determination, so long as they are consenting adults, how does it harm you in any way. Why does it so concern you? There's not enough love in the world. There's not enough loving, nurturing sex in the world either. Perhaps if there were, people would be happier. Let them find it where they will so long as nobody is being exploited.

Which brings me to your question about incest. That's usually what people raise, that or bestiality, and I don't think either are good analogies. I think incest has been a taboo for most of human history, and not just because many cultures realized the danger for the survival of the tribe through birth defects and recessive disease. It's also extremely destructive to the family unit, to the kind of protective relationships, relationships based on trust, not exploitation of the young, which are necessary for the survival of the family. Added to all that, I think there may be something primal, maybe hormonal about it, an aversion, an adaptation, which is increased by the amount of time spent in one another's company. There are some studies to that effect.

I recently read an article about a woman whose biological father had abandoned her as a newborn. She met him thirty-five years later for the first time, and she maintains that they fell in love. They started a physical relationship and are still in it. She had herself sterilized. This is a bizarre situation in no way comparable to homosexuality, which, as Maleth pointed out, has been a part of human life from the very beginning. Sometimes it was accepted. Just consider the Indo-European initiation ceremonies, the Greco-Roman world, tribal Afghanistan, some New World Indian societies. Sometimes it has gone into hiding. It has never gone away. If you investigate it, I'm sure you'll find that's the case.

@Bicicleur,

Well, some of the most beautiful love poetry in the world was written by Sappho, who was a Lesbian.

"You came and I was longing for you,
You cooled a heart burning with desire."

"[h=2][SIZE=-1]Please[/SIZE][/h][SIZE=-1]Come back to me, Gongyla, here tonight,
You, my rose, with your Lydian lyre.
There hovers forever around you delight:
dot_clear.gif
A beauty desired.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Even your garment plunders my eyes.
I am enchanted: I who once
Complained to the Cyprus-born goddess,
dot_clear.gif
Whom I now beseech[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Never to let this lose me grace
But rather bring you back to me:
Amongst all mortal women the one
dot_clear.gif
I most wish to see."

Women couples have just been able to hide in plain sight.[/SIZE]

@Bicicleur,

Well, some of the most beautiful love poetry in the world was written by Sappho, who was a Lesbian.

"You came and I was longing for you,
You cooled a heart burning with desire."

"[SIZE=-1]Please[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Come back to me, Gongyla, here tonight,
You, my rose, with your Lydian lyre.
There hovers forever around you delight:
dot_clear.gif
A beauty desired.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Even your garment plunders my eyes.
I am enchanted: I who once
Complained to the Cyprus-born goddess,
dot_clear.gif
Whom I now beseech[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Never to let this lose me grace
But rather bring you back to me:
Amongst all mortal women the one
dot_clear.gif
I most wish to see."

Women couples have just been able to hide in plain sight.[/SIZE]

well I guess both Sappho and Gongyla were lesbian or maybe Gongyla was bisexual

in the bizarre case I mentioned the lady seduced didn't have a clue her seducer was female, she even put op a fake ..

This thread has been viewed 383642 times.

Back