Chinese girl gets robbed. Happened to you too?

RockLee

???l
Reaction score
Ethnic group
european
This sort of meaningless violence sucks.
In New Zealand every year there are numerous chinese students kidnapped by the Triads in Auckland. They will wait outside bars for them to come out, and then grab them and demand ridiculous amounts of money.
One guy was fortunate enough that when his offenders took him to the bank, he wrote on the withdrawl slip 'please help me' and the police were along in minutes.
Where I lived in the middle of the city, there was a huge chinese supermarket and food court maybe 30secs from my house. The triads were in the buildings across from that, and not long before I moved in, a young chinese guy was murdered at the end of our driveway.
I helped a Japanese guy who was being robbed in broad daylight, by these young little sh*ts. It was at christmas time, and unfortunately this sort of silly behaviour happens quite often.
Another Japanese friends workmate was robbed, same week across the road from the other incident, a knife pointed at her neck. Unfortunately she was carrying everything she owned.

Hmm but no, nothing like this has happened to me before. Sure I have been robbed, but not mugged or beaten.

I was once attacked outside a chinese take-awat by some huge dude on something who stole my hat but, the drug or whatever musta stole his thunder because as big as he was i was still standing and my jaw didnt really hurt that much (though it felt hard when he hit me, no pain...)

Anyway, no-one came to help me, and afterwards he threw my hat back at me anyway, that was the thanks i got for asking my hat back when he took it from :/.

Fortunatly it was a one-off and ive never had any rpevious experiences like it and im yet to have another.

Some people are just jerks.

I've been stabbed when I was 14, they wanted money, though, unfortunately I didn't have any so I told them. I end up on the Intensive Care for 6 days and stayed in the hospital for about a month. There's still a scar right underneat my ribs (Yes, I could've been dead.)

Luckily, I've never been robbed (although that might have to do with any of the following: small town, I don't go outside much, and I have a tendency to growl, hiss, snarl, look psychotic and take "cheap shots"), however, that robbery with the Chinese woman is just horrible. There was a man just standing there! The Hell?!?!? Admittedly, I don't like people THAT much, but even I'D do something! Call the police, jump those bozos! Anything than just stand there! Some people! Jeez!

Also, do New Zealanders just no likey Chinese people or what...? :eek:

And, lastly, I'm sorry all of this happened to all of you, especially you, Disembodied Spirit. That's horrible and I hope you'll never have to go through something like that again. It must have been so, so scary...! :bawling:

Thanks for the article, RockLee. It's especially frightening when you realize that this could have happened to anybody.

article said:
Surprisingly, Dongguan was ranked second in a quality of life survey of Chinese cities just following Shenzhen in a recent study.

That is certainly surprising, and makes me wonder if this was an isolated case, or if there's something else going on. A quick search on Google found this article:

http://english.people.com.cn/200412/01/eng20041201_165786.html

(Dongguan is a prefecture-level city in Guangdong- easy enough to remember, huh)

Admittedly, it's about a little less than a year old, but I couldn't find anything else. It's good to see some progress in crime fighting. Still, one wonders with the increased public safety in the last year, why do it in broad daylight? Any criminology-savvy folks out there?

Horizon said:
Also, do New Zealanders just no likey Chinese people or what...?

The Triads, if my research proves reliable, (that is, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad), are an organized Chinese crime syndicate.

This thread has been viewed 12550 times.

Back