Fustanella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illyrian-Thracian... and now Albanian tatoos

Thraco-Illyrian... and now Albanian tatoos, similar with embroidered symbols in albanian national costumes above.
(Britannica: There is no well-defined difference between the aboriginal Thracians and the native Illyrians. All of the Thracian tribes and the Illyrian tribes practiced TATTOOING, which distinguished them from the Celtic tribes)...

13462_110084515705993_100001133356751_66187_5585432_n.jpg

This is the key. Symbols are precisely those that resist against time and the latter are exactly those who faithfully maintain the same meaning they have also had thousands of years ago. Albania is a real treasure because often times has stoped and stories transmitted orally from remote villages to have a unique chronic type that comes from the depths of a chronic timings resent ever written. Albanian tattoos, a tradition almost disappeared and little studied and collected (as a whole unfortunately albanian symbolism) is a source and a node from where you can come to different answers and provides incentives for research.
In order pictures, tattoos are collected in northern Albania, a job with decades, thanks to prof. Gezim Uruçi. For example, carve in the photo above is very special and IS NOT THAT THE Christian cross is carved in stone, but the cross symbol HYLLI (Star, or divine) pagan symbol or DIELLI (the Sun). Besides it also has other interesting characters such as the swa
stika, triangle, star, moon, sun, ring, two rings, etc..
Look at them and keep them somewhere that have not yet seen the light of the publication were taken directly from Fatos Baxhaku, from Gezim Uruçi manuscript, which he has published yet.
Mystical tattoos from the old people in Highland of Albania (isolated location for thousands of years)

13462_110084525705992_100001133356751_66188_255027_n.jpg

13462_110084549039323_100001133356751_66192_5174160_n.jpg

181689_168538579860586_100001133356751_332919_6261099_n.jpg

181689_168538586527252_100001133356751_332920_5896640_n.jpg

13462_110084539039324_100001133356751_66190_1157757_n.jpg

13462_110084565705988_100001133356751_66194_4158832_n.jpg

For those who doubt that Illyrians are not the ancestors of Albaninas just have a look at the name of the rulers of Illyria and compare them with Albanian language and albanians name, just try to do it my brothers, it doesnt cost anything, just try!

For those who doubt that Illyrians are not the ancestors of Albaninas just have a look at the name of the rulers of Illyria and compare them with Albanian language and albanians name, just try to do it my brothers, it doesnt cost anything, just try!

where are these names.?
All I now is that the Northern Illyrian tribes had only women as chiefs and the southern illyrian tribes had all men as chiefs except 1 , queen Teuta who replaced here husband Agron.
Teuta is a celtic name

as i can see you dont know too much about iliryans ,, even the two names you know, the first Agron is an Albanian name with an albanian meaning , the second name Teuta has a celtic meaning but you should know that even albanian people use this name for the honor of their ancestors and that doesnt mean that albanians are celtic but it makes a connection between Ilyria and Albania ,,, i have another question for you people , do you know what is the meaning of the word Ilyria (its origin) ?

I know where the word Ilyria originated but I want to hear your story...

as i can see you dont know too much about iliryans ,, even the two names you know, the first Agron is an Albanian name with an albanian meaning , the second name Teuta has a celtic meaning but you should know that even albanian people use this name for the honor of their ancestors and that doesnt mean that albanians are celtic but it makes a connection between Ilyria and Albania ,,, i have another question for you people , do you know what is the meaning of the word Ilyria (its origin) ?

Illyria from Illyroi which in Greek has meaning of 'the conquerors of Wilusa'. ...

or are you talking about

Lyria from illyria which is a girls name from IIRC shakespeare's Twelth Night

or you mean
Illyris graeca .......which is the only true illyrian people which lived nest to the greeks

Illyria from Illyroi which in Greek has meaning of 'the conquerors of Wilusa'. ...

or are you talking about

Lyria from illyria which is a girls name from IIRC shakespeare's Twelth Night

or you mean
Illyris graeca .......which is the only true illyrian people which lived nest to the greeks

I am curious, where have you read these things ?! not all the things that you search in google are true

I am sorry to disappoint you but i dont like to tell stories ...

LOL of course you can't tell stories about the "albanian" meaning of Illyria because it hasn't been invented yet. Albanian and FYROM share the same desire to invent and distort history for their own liking.

@ Sile
Some celtic name in illyrian people dosen't mean that illyrians were celts :p
Also you have a lot of illyrian emperors of rome, whith roman names, but they still were illyrians

- I have an arabic name from Islamic culture (that my family accepted these last years), but I'm not arab at all... in the other hand, my father's name is Isak, but he's not a Jew at all...

- Names are characterized on the basis of many components (from religion, culture, subculture, etc.) and those that albanians consider them as national names, actually were Illyrian names too.

@ Elias
I gave you tons of materials in last pages, that you have to take into consideration for debate if you have something to say, and don't pass silently as always to catch whith someone's word, who dont know the history as it should.

By the way, Illyria has pure an albanian meaning:
1. I lir = free (I'm free= Une jam i lirë; or free people)
2. ill or yll = Star; Like firs king of Illyrians - Bardhyl - Bardh=white; Yll-Star. Also Ar (Is antonym. Before was used about the meaning of the sun, now more is used about the meaning about the human. As "shqiptar" - shqip=eagle; ar=human)
Which one do you want to take ? ;)

+ Do you have a albanian name: Over 60 names: http://www.behindthename.com/bb/fact/32704
+ http://www.aboutnames.ch/albanian.htm
+ Illyrian word=Albanian words: http://www.illyrians.org/illyrian-alb.html
+ many Illyrian..............................Albanian.... .................English words from the page 4 in this topic: http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?25617-Fustanella/page4 ... dont make me to repeat the arguments, or don't talk about them, if you don't even read at all. I wonder, how can you speak scientifically, if you don't even read the arguments :useless: - read the albanian-illyrian ties too (just read something man:)...

+ I want to make you know also, that we Albanians in recent years (before the '90) were stopped from slavs the naming of children in albanian meaning that has to do whith history, as Ilir, Agron, Bato, Bardhyl, Alban, Arbër, Dardan, Taulant, Kreshnik... and my father was in jail for 11 months only beacuse my brother was named Ilir - So, now you can think how deep was the repression of invaders to stop the albanian national memory... even the stoping of the basics human rights, like is the naming of your son.

By the way, if you want to talk about names, I have other tons of materials, but after replying me about these in previous pages, in the last page at least.

... So after all these arguments, why you still proceed to be so pseudo-nationalist in your aproach ?!
(science has suffered a lot from people like you)

@ zanipolo
Graecus was the name given by the Romans to an Illyrian Epirotic tribe, the Graes. The name Graecus is said to be frequent in Etruscan onomastic. Also said to be from Graikos, the inhabitants of Graia in Boeotia. Perhaps not coincidentally, one may mention the Albanian village of Greci in Campania (Italy). From a root gr-k having the notion of raucous or having a desagreable voice. The Illyrian speech sounded unpleasant to a Roman ear
http://www.michel-desfayes.org/namesofcountries.html

Last edited:
No, science has suffered alot from people like you. Earliest albanians recounts come from the MIDDLE AGES, not before. I told you before that Illyria extended past albania into the old yugoslavia, then you respond saying the slavs came down and replaced them. Unless there was widespread genocide against the Illyrians from the incomming slavs, the people who inhabit todays bosnia, dalamatia, slovienia, should have DNA similar to albanians... the thing is albanian DNA is closer to greeks, so there goes your theory.

If you want to understand where albanians came form you should start by studying the Gheg language and not the Tosk which was influenced by greek when the albanians came down south into Epirus in the high middles ages.

If you want to know my opinion, the "albanians" or shiptars, where a nomadic group the Byzantines allowed to settle in their land in return for christianization as was done frequently in that time period. Byzantines would christianize nomadic turks then hire them as mercenaries, the albanians were also mercenaries during the middles ages, I don't see this as any different.

Study the old Gheg language, pre-Tosk standardized, and where on earth other languages are/were similar, then you'll find out where shiptars came from.

@ Sile
Some celtic name in illyrian people dosen't mean that illyrians were celts :p
Also you have a lot of illyrian emperors of rome, whith roman names, but they still were illyrians

- I have an arabic name from Islamic culture (that my family accepted these last years), but I'm not arab at all... in the other hand, my father's name is Isak, but he's not a Jew at all...

- Names are characterized on the basis of many components (from religion, culture, subculture, etc.) and those that albanians consider them as national names, actually were Illyrian names too.

I agree, but I was stating that the illyrians in the north where different from the ones in the south. It was stated that the true illyrians where from Montenegro to epirus and the northern ones where different. this is also found in the DNA.

As for Albanians, you initially never claimed you where illyrians during history and all I found is that albanians where from Dacian tribes.

@ Elias 2
How old are you ?!

I think you are a spamer... don't spam if you don't have nothing to argue. I answered you already many times, but you like parrot continues to repeat the same word: "what YOU think" !

That's because you don't have the culture to debate, you don't EVEN READ a part of hundreds of studies (not what I think) that have been made on these issues and I mention hundreds of them. I know that the positions or attitudes are hard to change, especially when we have dealing with the whole machinery propagandists of slavic invaders, just because history gives the right to Albanians about autochthony... but you are ready to make us aliens, just not to have connection whith Illyrians as people before slavs in this Peninsula, where still is left a non slavic nation - Albanians.

P.S: I told you so many times why we have some DNA haplotypes in common whith south slavs (more whith south slavs and not whith other slavs), and why whith greeks... read them and reply.
Also I trasmit you thousands of "pree midle age materials", that you have to READ. When you are brainwashed, or poisoned by pseudo nationalism, you act like a dazzling and sometimes it's hard just to read !

@ Elias 2
How old are you ?!

I think you are a spamer... don't spam if you don't have nothing to argue. I answered you already many times, but you like parrot continues to repeat the same word: "what YOU think"[/QUOTE]

What I think is based of IMPERICAL evidence, linguistics, DNA, records, events. You are basing it off pure geography, geography that doesn't even MATCH what Illyria was. You take anything you find and overemphisis anything common with albanians.

That's because you don't have the culture to debate, you don't EVEN READ a part of hundreds of studies (not what I think) that have been made on these issues and I mention hundreds of them. I know that the positions or attitudes are hard to change, especially when we have dealing with the whole machinery propagandists of slavic invaders, just because history gives the right to Albanians about autochthony... but you are ready to make us aliens, just not to have connection whith Illyrians as people before slavs in this Peninsula, where still is left a non slavic nation - Albanians.

You still think that the slavs that came to the balkans, commited genocide on the population before? get over that, it didn't happen.

I told you so many times why we have some DNA haplotypes in common whith south slavs (more whith south slavs and not whith other slavs), and why whith greeks... read them and reply.
Also I trasmit you thousands of "pree midle age materials", that you have to READ. When you are brainwashed, or poisoned by pseudo nationalism, you act like a dazzling and sometimes it's hard just to read !

Albanian DNA is very different from your northern, classical "Illyrian" lands; and have much more in common with Greek DNA, stop ignoring this huge fact.

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

The distinctivness of the Gheg language should be the biggest piece of evidence that it came from the outside in. Like I said before study the Gheg language and where similar languages originate, then you know where shiptars came from. I've read around that it is similar to old caucasian languages, I will try to find the studies on that.

P.S. I've re-read your "evidence" on the last page and I must say, basing this thesis on costumes is not very solid, and Iapetoc did a very good job refutting most of your other points.

So don't say I have a nationalistic approach when you try to fit a circle into a square slot.

[QUOTE
What I think is based of IMPERICAL evidence, linguistics, DNA, records, events. You are basing it off pure geography, geography that doesn't even MATCH what Illyria was. You take anything you find and overemphisis anything common with albanians. [/QUOTE]

I'm waiting your evidences... because mine are from linguistics, DNA, records, events + antropology, history, art... but you repeat only the same words as I see (what YOU think)...

[QUOTE
You still think that the slavs that came to the balkans, commited genocide on the population before? get over that, it didn't happen. [/QUOTE]

Than what ? - Slavs are Illyrians and they invated them self, or what you'r trying to say ?!

[QUOTE
Albanian DNA is very different from your northern, classical "Illyrian" lands; and have much more in common with Greek DNA, stop ignoring this huge fact. [/QUOTE]

So many times I have to say that this is one more fact that slavs are not whith the same DNA whith illyrians or albanians, pressed back where they collected now... and that DNA what they have in common, are from illyrian, or albanian DNA what was assimilated in slavic (no matter that this was happened by genocide, or just from slavic domination slowly), think why just south slavic have dna in common whith albanians and other slavs not!...
also arvanites (albanians) or illyrians in south, they call them self greeks today, only by the religious division that became the creation of the Greek state, orthodox albanian are the best greeks now, and many of them fought against muslim albanians in north-west greeks... so, in greece are to many arvanites, what they feel like greeks, that's why we have the same dna whith them... for these words I say... i transmit you documents, facts... from so many components in last pages... read them, because I'm bored to repeat you the same thing that you pass silently

[QUOTE
The distinctivness of the Gheg language should be the biggest piece of evidence that it came from the outside in. Like I said before study the Gheg language and where similar languages originate, then you know where shiptars came from. I've read around that it is similar to old caucasian languages, I will try to find the studies on that.[/QUOTE]

Ghegs are from north Illyrian tribes, tosks are from south illyrian tribes... and they have the same words in different intonation and emphasis. {Gea (dhea/dheu...) means eardh/land/ground... also Tok means the same}.
And remember that if you take only these in Europe as Illyrians... than these illyrians are one root about albanian people... but if you take these in asia minor as illyrians to, than these illyrians collectively are represented by albanian language, culture, Dna...
184222_168285246552586_100001133356751_331737_4469555_n.jpg

In this level, Illyrians - Pelasgians are the same people.

[QUOTE
P.S. I've re-read your "evidence" on the last page and I must say, basing this thesis on costumes is not very solid, and Iapetoc did a very good job refutting most of your other points. [/QUOTE]

If you read something... It will be very courageous act to reply me one by one about every word, whith contra evidence, like I did.
And yes, Iapetoc thinks that arvanites are the old greeks (or helens)... and i think the same... and now start learning about the ethnicity of arvanites ;)

I'm waiting your evidences... because mine are from linguistics, DNA, records, events + antropology, history, art... but you repeat only the same words as I see (what YOU think)...

DNA; "evidence" is mute because you think slavs eradicated albanians from the former yugoslavia, this is your #1 dream, and #1 reason your theory holds no water.

take a look at the chart again, and look at albania and compaire it to bosnia, vastly different;

600px-IllyrianTribes.jpg

Linguistics; we have almost nothing about Illyrian language, the coins that are excavated have greek on them, we have nothign to compaire, there is no linguistic evidence to connect albanians to illyrians. You might give examples on similar sounding words for tribes, but the generation gap, and taken into account language evolution, it isn't much to go on. Alot of different languages can take illyrian tribal names and find somethign similar in theri vocabulary.

Records; what records did you have that connect albanians with Illyrians? the earliest albanian record is a church recording in the middles ages.

Archeaological, you show a statue wearing a dress from an ancient greek city and you say its Illyrian, I don't need to comment on this.

Than what ? - Slavs are Illyrians and they invated them self, or what you'r trying to say ?!
Slav is a name imposed on them from other european people that stuck. Slav is not a name they came up for themselves, just like how the Byzantines never called themselves that, it just stuck because a historian called them it. People call shiptars albanians, same deal.

Was there a south slav migration? of course, I don't deny there was, but I don't think for a second the original inhabitants dissapeared into outer space.

So many times I have to say that this is one more fact that slavs are not whith the same DNA whith illyrians or albanians, pressed back where they collected now... and that DNA what they have in common, are from illyrian, or albanian DNA what was assimilated in slavic (no matter that this what happens by genocide, or just from slavic domination)
So you do believe in a "genocide" theory. Read what I wrote before, your genocide theory hasn't got a shred of evidence, the evidence we do have tells a different story.

DNA doesn't lie.

.. also arvanites (albanians) or illyrians in south, they call them self greeks today, only by the religious division that became the creation of the Greek state, orthodox albanian are the best greeks now, and many of them fought against muslim albanians in north-west greeks... so, in greece are to many arvanites, what they feel like greeks, that's why we have the same dna whith them... for these words I say... i transmit you documents, facts... from so many components in last pages... read them, because I'm bored to repeat you the same thing that you pass silently
So every greek is albanian then? or just the "best greeks". I talk about this later.

Ghegs are from north Illyrian tribes, tosks are from south illyrian tribes... and they have the same words in different intonation and emphasis. {Gea (dhea/dheu...) means eardh/land/ground... also Tok means the same}.
And remember that if you take only these in Europe as Illyrians... than these illyrians are one root about albanian people... but if you take these in asia minor as illyrians to, than these illyrians collectively are represented by albanian language, culture, Dna...
In this level, Illyrians - Pelasgians are the same people.
First off, you are quoting a book that appears to be well over 100 years old if they say albania is apart of european Turkey, alot has historiography has been done since then.

Secondly, thats alot of statesments with no evidence to back it up. I'll re-iterate; the first written acknowledgment of albanians in albania came from the middles ages. Written acknowledgment of albanians in Southern italy are also in the middles ages, Albanians were used as mercenaries, similar to other other nomadic newcommers in Byzantium, I'm just pointing out facts.

If you read something... It will be very courageous act to reply me one by one about every word, whith contra evidence, like I did.
And yes, Iapetoc thinks that arvanites are the old greeks (or helens) too by culture... and i think the same... and now start learning about the ethnicity of arvanites
13001350ALBANIANMIGRATIONS.png

Judging by the migration patterns on the map above, albanians and greeks have similar DNA not because every Greek is an arvanite but because shiptars invaded and assimulated Greek Epirus (proto-albanians). Just like how slavs invaded and assimulated the people of the former yugoslavia (illyrium) area you claim was full of albanians.

Another thing I would like to mention is that you said I called albanians aliens to the balkans, I just want to make something clear, I don't think the albanian people are alien, or should I say the people that live in albania, I just think albanian ethos is foreign, much like turkish, hungarian, ect.

Before the arrival of shiptars could the people of albanian be Illyrian? Maybe, but I think its more plausible that albanians used to be Dorian.

@Sile, I don't agree when you say that today DNA tell us the same that north illyrians were different whith south illyrians, because you don't have today north or south illyrians, all illyrians are colected in today Albania, even that there are some illyrian blood or dna in slavic and greek populations, from the assimilation process in a part of illyrians... so that blood is a mix and don't represent the illyrians south or north as it was. So, don't take an example of south slavic DNA as a whole, like an ancient illyrian DNA...
Also, the links whith dacians and albanians that you had find, are are understandable because dacians were from Thracian, or for someone they were Illyrians too, but if we go deeply in this question, we can see that Thracian and Illyrians can be the same people... that's why and for albanians scientists think that they are the direct Thraco-Illyrians descendant.
But I agree that there were differences in illyrian tribes itself, every tribe has their own history but I dont agree that south Illyria was from today Montenegro to Epir, this was later, when illyrians started to draw themself... because there was an illyrian tribes in Asia minor too (these can be considered as south illyrians, or south-east if you want:)

@ Elias2
Where were all these albanians than (and if history and legend affort no record that they were migrated from somewere and all those cultural links, in the broad sense of this word, whith ancient cultures of the same region), if not in central Illyria or drawn in the mountains from greek invasions (colony) from south, and slavic too from north ?!
+ Read National Geographic:
"Thus pressed back, The Illyrian, Epirot and Macedonians clans consolidated themself in what geography knows as Albania"
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...025107341_100001133356751_532598_934157_n.jpg

or Britannica:
"The albanians are the most ancient race in southeastern Europe. History and legend affort no record of their arrival in Balkan peninsula"
http://oi53.tinypic.com/jhcvf5.jpg

+ Read Britannica (from Illyria to Albania) about this period: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/12472/Albania/42643/The-Byzantine-Empire
"The tribes of southern Illyria, however—including modern Albania—averted assimilation and preserved their native tongue..."
"In the course of several centuries, under the impact of Roman, Byzantine, and Slavic cultures, the tribes of southern Illyria underwent a transformation, and a transition occurred from the old Illyrian population to a new Albanian one..."
"As a consequence, from the 8th to the 11th century, the name Illyria gradually gave way to the name, first mentioned in the 2nd century ce by the geographer Ptolemy of Alexandria, of the Albanoi tribe, which inhabited what is now central Albania. From a single tribe the name spread to include the rest of the country as Arbëri and, finally, Albania. The genesis of Albanian nationality apparently occurred at this time as the Albanian people became aware that they shared a common territory, name, language, and cultural heritage..."

I enjoy to answer you whith books:)
The native Illyrians and Thracians of the occupied regions retired into the mountains, where they remained unnoticed till the eleventh century, when they emerged as Albanians and Vlachs
Studies on the demography of the Byzantine empire: collected studies - "ETHNIC CHANGES IN THE BYZANTINE EMPIRE IN THE SEVENTH CENTURY" - PETER CHARANIS

I can transmit you all day materials, but you are poisoned whith hate, that's why you accept easily the propaganda in relation to your subjectivity... so it's all vain for you to learn something new (for you), because your mind is closed in this subject.

...it's so boring to talk whith someone like you. I asked you by the way to reply me about the last pages, not when I talk to you like in MSN in the last reply, not when I talk to you in subjective level (about wether for example:p), but i transmit you objective evidences that are waiting for you in last pages... you already have all the answers, and you pass them like nothing was transmited!

The answer of your claims are here (not to be repeated):
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?25617-Fustanella/page5
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?25617-Fustanella/page2
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?25617-Fustanella/page4

+... for the origin, language, race, culture of the Albanians
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.139407142773730.23767.100001133356751&l=5e6b160e5a&type=1

I see that you have problem whith learning... If you don't have something personal (like it can be hate against a nation, or race, or culture....) than i have to teach you this: First, you have to open your mind about new sources... than stop for e while and reflect... think... than make a stand in relation to what you've learned... what is still relative whith other new sources... so proceed to have an open mind...

You:
DNA; "evidence" is mute because you think slavs eradicated albanians from the former yugoslavia, this is your #1 dream, and #1 reason your theory holds no water.

Me:
When the south slavs came from the VII century, there were living indigenous people, called Illyrians. So that area wasn't empty - Even that gradualy many illyrians become slavic, but they (as e big culture) did not disappeared completely from the earth... there are linguistic (like latin and greek influence in albanian language that meand albanians were there in that time + some names, toponyms, hidronyms wich survive the changing from the invaders... + measured with the comparative model of albanian language whith others + etymology = albanian/illyrian the same language), cultural (gods or paganism, symbols, songs, clothing...), race (the same dinaric + alpic and mediterranean race), dna, etc, that links directly albanian whith illyrian people. Sorry that albanians have to represent them, but these are evidences (linguistical, cultural, historical, antropological, folklor, geographical, and logic too if you want...) :S
260375_195124033868707_100001133356751_474291_2594974_n.jpg

You:
take a look at the chart again, and look at albania and compaire it to bosnia, vastly different;

Me:
Of course that there mustbe differences, because Illyrians(albanians) and slavs(bosnians), are not the same people, but the haplotypes in common what they have, are as a result of part of assimilated Illyrians into the Slavic nation...

photo.php
165765_152259364821841_100001133356751_247832_966827_n.jpg

...this phenomenon has continued and still continues today in that line what are meeting the Slavs and Albanians... and assimilation is made only in one side, from an albanian to slavic (as conquering force that has the greatest impact in population). In my contry (Macedonia) for example, only in few last years, we have lost cities wich were full with albanians (like Monastir, Kumanovo, Ohrid, Prespa, even Skopje, Struga, etc. and some continue to be pressed back in albanian territory, some others change their nationality in slavic, whith the help of the church. All orthodox albanians in Macedonia were change their ethnicity in slavic, just like them in Greece)

You:
Secondly, thats alot of statesments with no evidence to back it up. I'll re-iterate; the first written acknowledgment of albanians in albania came from the middles ages. Written acknowledgment of albanians in Southern italy are also in the middles ages

Me:
If you want to confuse the fisrt book in albanian language in 15 century, whith history of albanian people or albanian language, than you are illiterate in these questions. Although many have already deciphered ancient pelasgian inscriptions whith the Albanian language...
300298_137887382969731_100002454098645_227171_1799650_n.jpg

...anyway, antiquity of
a language is measured with the comparative model. For example, the etymology is part of this measurement (do you heard sometimes about smalles semantic units that shape meaning of other words?)... and the result is:

59307_129934663720978_100001133356751_146066_6943084_n.jpg

+ https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...502372261_100001133356751_66233_7852111_n.jpg

268398_195124163868694_100001133356751_474298_6401231_n.jpg

Page 45
It will be easier to confirm our opinion on the origin of Albanian Pelasgian, since this language is kept constant in his greatest traits over the centuries until today, according to historical facts.
As already predicted the German scientist Muller, Albanian will give us the key to the solution of several problems related to linguistic and ethnographic literature Greco-Latin.
Appointed Pelaka Skype or by Albanians living in Epirus, Albania, Macedonia and Italy, Arber by Albanians in Greece, this dialect is formed from a few thousand words and monosyllables bisyllabic, roots dry and arid without prefixes or suffixes some exceptions.
Excluding neopelasgian words, Latin or Greek, Turkish, Slavic or other, the skeleton appears in its nakedness idiom hard, almost eolodorien or wind, approaching all-in-fact of dialects in the epigrams etched old, or sung by the rhapsodies and Aedes oldest Greek.

Page 49

Rhapsodies in Homer, despite all the corrections implied by the Athenians, we find many words in use among the Homeric Albanians, which argues for the antiquity of the Albanians.

Page 57

The Albanians finally mourn their dead in the Homeric way women (date, the Albanian-oAoXu xXatmoi;, oXoXi5Ço>), repeating the words izi, oïzi = black, unhappy.

Homer used this word once oizôc Curiously, the word zi, Zia returned to each moment in the archaic inscription found on Lemnos, cited by the Honourable Dr. Apostolides.

This word means in Albanian sepulchral still mourning and phrase na zia erd wind that we came into mourning.

What makes some scientists argue that the language of the inscription resembles Albanian, this relic of Pelasgian, especially as the island of Lemnos was home exclusively to the Pelasgians until the time of Miltiades, who occupied
Conclusion:

The inclusion of the island of Lemnos has been written in language Pelasgian, the Pelasgians were not completely absorbed and they are back with their descendants, shqiptar or Albanians, as well as history and linguistic prove.

http://books.google.com/books?id=qFgaAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA57&dq=%3A+l%27inscription+de+l%27%C3%AEle+de+Lemnos+a+d%C3%BB+%C3%AAtre+%C3%A9crite+en+langue+p%C3%A9lasgienne%2C+les+P%C3%A9lasges+n%27ayant+pas+%C3%A9t%C3%A9+compl%C3%A8tement+absorb%C3%A9s+et+nous+les+retrouvons+chez+leurs+descendants%2C+les+Albanais+ou+Skypetare&lr&ei=CxDzS6bhL4WyywTWk8X6DA&cd=1#v=onepage&q=%3A%20l%27inscription%20de%20l%27%C3%AEle%20de%20Lemnos%20a%20d%C3%BB%20%C3%AAtre%20%C3%A9crite%20en%20langue%20p%C3%A9lasgienne%2C%20les%20P%C3%A9lasges%20n%27ayant%20pas%20%C3%A9t%C3%A9%20compl%C3%A8tement%20absorb%C3%A9s%20et%20nous%20les%20retrouvons%20chez%20leurs%20descendants%2C%20les%20Albanais%20ou%20Skypetare&f=false

- For more linguistic evidences, see also page nr. 4 in this topic:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?25617-Fustanella/page4

- From the second page in this topic, i transmit you houndreds of BOOKS! ... which came from american, german, french, english, italian even from slavic and greek scientist, who write against your way of thinking here, but you pass them silently to say something in your own, just because you wanna transmit hate here and nothing else !

263127_195116090536168_100001133356751_474126_4449404_n.jpg

268529_195116060536171_100001133356751_474125_5767531_n.jpg

268972_195116123869498_100001133356751_474127_1096457_n.jpg

You:
Records; what records did you have that connect albanians with Illyrians?
Me:
See the illyrians ties whith albanians in the last page :)

You:
Archeaological, you show a statue wearing a dress from an ancient greek city and you say its Illyrian, I don't need to comment on this.
Me:
I will comment... Fustanella is greek ?! when all the world knows that is an albanian traditional costume of the all Albanians, latter was in use only by Tosk Albanians(until today).
Search about Fustanella
- http://www.google.com/#q=the%20Alban...6d7fcb6d497136 ...{"fustan"-dress in albanian (and in no other language); "funt/d"-the lower part of the dress; "an"-side (or the lower side of the dress - Fustanella), also fút (whith accent at "u"), is the name of that type of clothing, which we put forward at the bottom of the body, when we have to work something.... like freemasons today:)}...

You:
I just think albanian ethos is foreign, much like turkish, hungarian, ect.
Me:
Info + In this evidence, turks are that part of illyrian or pelasgian dna, what were assimilated in new comers ethnicity, so is not talking about mongols :)

307956_152265138154597_100001133356751_247897_3644388_n.jpg

The Encyclopædia britannica- a dictionary of arts, sciences ... Volume 1 Pg. 483

71667_139408166106961_100001133356751_187139_6741347_n.jpg

And the new trend that I see in the anti-Albanian propaganda is dividing the name Albanian from Shqiptar, because speaking in the name of albanians have some problem whith albanian name in ancient time... and now what to do? - Let's take the name Shqiptar, how albanians call themself in their language, because this name can be better to atack maybe :S

But you don't know why albanians call themself shqiptar (sons of the eagle). That's because albani tribe, was one tribe of illyrians... and albanians today are a result of illyrians, macedonians and epirotes tribes (pelasgians)... and the name albani is not properly presented them. But sons of the eagle have to do whith this:

68833_139418649439246_100001133356751_187319_7121155_n.jpg

or

260119_195116143869496_100001133356751_474128_6230467_n.jpg

263664_195318003849310_100001133356751_475249_3112002_n.jpg

259824_195124127202031_100001133356751_474296_4560981_n.jpg

+ The oldest surviving inhabites are Albanians, descedants of group of people known as Illyrians, the Thracians and the Dacians: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/75670_147272011987243_100001133356751_224000_7259340_n.jpg

269840_195123923868718_100001133356751_474287_2793525_n.jpg

263017_195118213869289_100001133356751_474201_4681111_n.jpg

Europe and the Turk: a pattern of alliances
Dorothy Margaret Vaughan
295741_271701312843363_151427651537397_1252933_1683867_n.jpg

262274_195118097202634_100001133356751_474195_3956048_n.jpg

262635_196590577055386_100001133356751_480110_4863425_n.jpg

And let's finish whith this one for today ;)
If there is a truly autochthonous race in the world it is certainly the Albanian race, as it is formed of the descendants of the Pelasgians and has kept for centuries the unique qualities of energy and intelligence which characterized its ancestors.
http://books.google.com/books?id=tP...ook_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAA

... even that and the name Albani, is used in the antiquity about the same old people of Europe, like Albanians in Scotland and so many other places around the Mediterranean, like Maciamo said in the first page: "...the Indo-European R1b people supposedly arrived in Albania around 2100 BCE, during the Maliq III culture... the Bronze Age reached Scotland almost exactly at the same period. Both could be offshoots from the Unetice culture from Central Europe. Who knows, perhaps this common source of IE people called themselves "Alba(n)" ?

Also, about maps, you have to understand that they don't describe the autochthony always, but they are the result of expensions (invasions). We have survival history and as you go deeper in time, will see that our territory is larger. Restriction (contraction) of our territory is continuous occurrence since prehistory, we can't boast with any map, except the oldest ones that comfort us a little bit (because contraction is lower).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...a.110082529039525.4389.100001133356751&type=1

We have also occupations maps that there is no Albania, but this does not mean that there was no Albanian ...
In fact these are maps that invasions are documented. Even just on the basis of maps of this kind, neighbors claim territories. And not whith autochthony.

P.S.:
I'll tell you something: Albanians have a surviving history and they don't care about history, or to tell you who were, or to know more about these things... Albanian nationalism is 0... that's why these people who still survived remained around separated borders from the year 1913 (for the last time that we were divided), still can't make their natural state, to reach the point (o)zero, like every nation in Europe, because now we are in - (minus)
. The institutions don't care about these things too... the primary task about us was to survive from invaders... and now is to make money, because the poverty has been a permanent problem about us, this fact make terrain about predatory neighbors, to continue with their claims to take the whole country.
I'm interesting about history, only because I am angry whith the poor anti-albanian propaganda which circulates from the southern Slavs and Greeks, only because they still want to tear apart the territory of the Albanians wich is left and the right of autochthony make nervous the predatory neighbors.

...but these studies about the language, culture, symbolism, antropology, history of the albanians... are done from foreign scientists (Germans, French, British, Americans, Italians, and even some truth seekers Slavic and Greek scientists). They have observed a very old language, very ancient symbolism, old race and very old model of culture at all, of these survival people that are trying to Self-isolate themself in mountains, from permanent invasions. But if for the scientists albanians are treasure, guarded from the modern deformation, the dark side of this fact is the ignorance of the survivors and cultural inclination/trend/propensity what is recorded in DNA and have to pass more than 6,000 years to alter fundamentally

Last edited:

I see that you have problem whith learning... If you don't have something personal (like it can be hate against a nation, or race, or culture....) than i have to teach you this: First, you have to open your mind about new sources... than stop for e while and reflect... think... than make a stand in relation to what you've learned... what is still relative whith other new sources... so proceed to have an open mind...

I don't have a problem with learning, it just seems you are fasinated in connecting albanians to some ancient language, the thing is, no one speaks a ancient language anymore, why do you think albanians are different? becauce you are one?

Me:
When the south slavs came from the VII century, there were living indigenous people, called Illyrians. So that area wasn't empty - Even that gradualy many illyrians become slavic, but they (as e big culture) did not disappeared completely from the earth... there are linguistic (like latin and greek influence in albanian language that meand albanians were there in that time + some names, toponyms, hidronyms wich survive the changing from the invaders... + measured with the comparative model of albanian language whith others + etymology = albanian/illyrian the same language), cultural (gods or paganism, symbols, songs, clothing...), race (the same dinaric + alpic and mediterranean race), dna, etc, that links directly albanian whith illyrian people. Sorry that albanians have to represent them, but these are evidences (linguistical, cultural, historical, antropological, folklor, geographical, and logic too if you want...) :S
Maybe those "inhareted" cultural icons you are talking about that the Illyrians had now the south slavs have are because the south slavs are the Illyrians, with the slavic peopls absorbed. See with you its always they have these elements because we gave it to them some distant time ago with no evidence it was even albanian to begin with. And you keep on saying Illyrian languge, can you please give me one example of an incription with Illyrian on it? I don't think there is any.

Of course that there mustbe differences, because Illyrians(albanians) and slavs(bosnians), are not the same people, but the haplotypes in common what they have, are as a result of part of assimilated Illyrians into the Slavic nation...
These differnces arn't small... they are pretty large. The two main groups for albanians, J2 and E1b1b make up 50%. In bosnia, I2 is 50% by itself, with little J2 and half of E1B1B. Ignore these facts though, because they don't help you at all.
photo.php

If you want to confuse the fisrt book in albanian language in 15 century, whith history of albanian people or albanian language, than you are illiterate in these questions. Although many have already deciphered ancient pelasgian inscriptions whith the Albanian language...
That I would like to see, considering Albanian didn't even have a written language untill recently, I guess albanians forgot over time?

-
From the second page in this topic, i transmit you houndreds of BOOKS! ... which came from american, german, french, english, italian even from slavic and greek scientist, who write against your way of thinking here, but you pass them silently to say something in your own, just because you wanna transmit hate here and nothing else !
It will make you happy that I read everything you posted, but the thing that struck me most was the date these books were published, some over 100 years ago, the most recent in 1941...

I don't want to transmit hate anywhere, but I see alot of overstreched, outdated reasoning by you to try and justify your grounds. I'm sure people in the 19th century knew of everythign that was discover after, the 1800's was a very romantic time in portraying european history to any greatness.

Me:
I will comment... Fustanella is greek ?! when all the world knows that is an albanian traditional costume of the all Albanians, latter was in use only by Tosk Albanians(until today).
Search about Fustanella
- http://www.google.com/#q=the%20Alban...6d7fcb6d497136 ...{"fustan"-dress in albanian (and in no other language); "funt/d"-the lower part of the dress; "an"-side (or the lower side of the dress - Fustanella), also fút (whith accent at "u"), is the name of that type of clothing, which we put forward at the bottom of the body, when we have to work something.... like freemasons today:)}...
Maybe you should think about who exactly are Tosk albanians are who lived in Northern Epirus before the albanians miragted south, then maybe its not to crazy that the dress is greek.

Me:
Info + In this evidence, turks are that part of illyrian or pelasgian dna, what were assimilated in new comers ethnicity, so is not talking about mongols :)
Oh now you are trying to use DNA to prove your point when before you just brushed it off as "assimulation" because if you are really trying to use DNA to prove your point its counter-intuitive, albanians are related much more closley to greeks than bosnians, for obvious reasons.

But you don't know why albanians call themself shqiptar (sons of the eagle). That's because albani tribe, was one tribe of illyrians... and albanians today are a result of albanians, macedonians and epirotes tribes (pelasgians)... and the name albani is not properly presented them.
I guess you think macedons were albanian now, when we have a clear record on their development, you sound like a skopian.

P.S.:
I'll tell you something: Albanians have a surviving history and they don't care about history, or to tell you who were, or to know more about these things... Albanian nationalism is 0... that's why these people who survived still remained around separated borders from the year 1913 (for the last time that we were divided), still can't make their natural state. The institutions don't care about these things too... the primary tast about us was to survive... and now is to make money, because because the poverty has been a permanent problem about us. I'm interesting about history, only because I am angry whith the poor anti-albanian propaganda which circulates from the southern Slavs and Greeks, only because they still want to tear apart the territory of the Albanians wich is left and the right of autochthony make nervous the predatory neighbors.

...but these studies about the language, culture, symbolism, antropology, history of the albanians... are done from foreign scientists (Germans, French, British, Americans, Italians, and even some truth seekers Slavic and Greek scientists). They have observed a very old language, very ancient symbolism, old race and very old model of culture at all, of these survival people that are trying to Self-isolate themself in mountains, from permanent invasions. But if for the scientists albanians are treasure, guarded from the modern deformation, the dark side of this fact is the ignorance of the survivors and cultural inclination/trend/propensity what is recorded in DNA and have to pass more than 6,000 years to alter fundamentally
I hate to break it to you, but in modern day albania and kosovo there were mines and roads the romans used extensively, this whole nationalism the albanians go by "surviving invansion in mountains", is utter rubbish, no one in europe survived influence from another group. Southern Vhlacs are even hypothesised about being the romanised citizens during the classical times, and even these poeple lived in mountains. If albaians lived there and kept out of sight they would still be pagan in religion. The most obvious answer is that the albanian language came from a different place. I repeat, language, not necceraly the albanian people.

Albanian history starts in the middle ages because that's the first record we have of albanians. I'm sorry to bore you but 100 year old books and a none-existant illyrian written laguage to compare to the albanian written langiage which is only 100 years old is rubbish. Glyphs and cultural traits that the entire region shares is not much either.

I'll tell you why albanian DNA is closer to greeks, because Tosk albanians are albanised greeks. Similar to southern italiants are romanized and western anatolian are turkified Greeks.

You claim entire peoples, not just Illyrians but epirots, macedons, pelasgians, based off what? geography? Please show me somethign recent and not 100 year old book pasages, and if you are going to use DNA as evidence use it objectively, because you ignore bosnian DNA all the time. If you are going to use written documents, again, you can't just ignore medival written facts. But I think you will have a hard time because albanian historical evidence is so rare because of the lack of information. This lack of information does not in fact give you the right to use other non-related pieces and just declare it albanian like history is some sort of commodity.

I guess I just bored you again though. When human beings don't understand something or lack in knowlege about a subject matter, we usually invent reasonings to explain it, so keep on dreaming my albanian friend, but the correct answer is usually the most obvious my brother. :heart:

Ok :) ... I think you make a progress, only because the heart is in the end of your post... step by step... come on... it's not so hard...
Now just as you quote these seperated words, try to quote the parts of books and evidences that I bring to you (and you will find all the answers what you seek) and give me contra arguments, or contra books... new books if you have haha ;)
Don't forget, I'm talking about these pages, dont make me to repeat myself... read:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...stanella/page5
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...stanella/page2
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...stanella/page4
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?25617-Fustanella/page6
... about every my sentence (for the sake of the rules of communication), if not, than you'll proceed to be a spamer :S

Ok :) ... I think you make a progress, only because the heart is in the end of your post... step by step... come on... it's not so hard...
Now just as you quote these seperated words, try to quote the parts of books and evidences that I bring to you (and you will find all the answers what you seek) and give me contra arguments, or contra books... new books if you have haha ;)
Don't forget, I'm talking about these pages, dont make me to repeat myself... read:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...stanella/page5
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...stanella/page2
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthr...stanella/page4
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?25617-Fustanella/page6
... about every my sentence (for the sake of the rules of communication), if not, than you'll proceed to be a spamer :S

I read it all and I'm still not conviced the albanian language is domestic to albania. Iepotec did a good job refuting you on alot of things, and I see a pattern that you ignore his statements as well as mine in most cases. I'll give you one more peice of evidence that the albanian language is foriegn, then I'm not posting in this thread anymore.

Despotate of Epirus;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Despot_of_Epirus

1204-1337

No mention of any peoples called albanians or shiptars, in the traditional albanian lands;

Epiro1230-1251.png

I guess at this point shiptars are hiding in the mountains? or they havn't migrated there yet, I think the latter.

It seems that the albanian culture came in to albania proper after the serbian conquest by dusan. But again you seem to want to nitpick midieval evidence for your liking, but I look at the whole picutre.

So I apologise that I'm just a spammer to you, but I havn't seen anything to believe that the albanian ethos is native to albania. If it was there since Illyria would be alot more greek influence but there isn't.

Good luck though my albanian-greek brother! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 272431 times.

Back