Country flags are back !

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I have restored the country flags that had disappeared during the upgrade to version 4 of vBulletin. :)

Very cool! Should we expect the regional flags again as well, like US states and UK constituent countries? How about Y-DNA and mtDNA haplogroups?

Here you are ! The US state flags were in a different directory.

why does, USA, UK, Japan and Germany get regional flags but not other nations?

Yes, at least The Netherlands should have them also!
The Netherlands <---- plural !!!!

If there is one country in the world where the people are proud about their own province instead of their country as a whole, than that would be The Netherlands.

why does, USA, UK, Japan and Germany get regional flags but not other nations?

Because I need to make them. I made the Japanese flags for Wa-pedia. The US and Canadian flags were often requested. Inside Europe there are regional flags for federal countries only (Germany, Belgium, Spain and UK).

Because I need to make them. I made the Japanese flags for Wa-pedia. The US and Canadian flags were often requested. Inside Europe there are regional flags for federal countries only (Germany, Belgium, Spain and UK).

The Netherlands are a federal country, even the first in Europe!
That's why the name is plural!

The Netherlands are a federal country, even the first in Europe!
That's why the name is plural!

The Netherlands is not federal, although it does have provinces.

The federal states in Europe are: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Germany, Russia, Spain, and Switzerland. Here's a map. I'm not sure, but I think that federal Switzerland is the oldest of those (1848).

FWIW, the UK is not federal.

The Netherlands is not federal, although it does have provinces.

The federal states in Europe are: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Germany, Russia, Spain, and Switzerland. Here's a map. I'm not sure, but I think that federal Switzerland is the oldest of those (1848).

FWIW, the UK is not federal.

Well.. The Netherlands were already a federation around 1500.
Don't be the wise guy!

But ok!
I know a way to speed things up!

I don't want to be associated with the EU, nor with the Netherlands as a whole.
I am from the proud and old Brabant.

So I choose another flag to annoy Maciamo, until he makes the real Brabant one.
Just swap the colors, Maciamo.. ;)

Just write.. Brabant.

Attention: Reinaert is from:
600px-North_Brabant-Flag.svg.png

Scotland has its own parliament, and Northern Ireland used to have one too until 1972.

You're right. But devolution is different than federalism.

Try this:

120px-Flag_-_Low_Countries_-_XVth_Centurysvg.png

The original flag of The Netherlands.

Inside Europe there are regional flags for federal countries only (Germany, Belgium, Spain and UK).
We can't use regional flags for France?

Bretagne? Corse? Pays Basque? catalogne? Nord-Pas-de-Calais? Aquitaine?

We can't use regional flags for France?

Bretagne? Corse? Pays Basque? catalogne? Nord-Pas-de-Calais? Aquitaine?

I will be happy to oblige (also for other EU countries) if you send me flags for each region attached to a French flag on the left (like the double EU+France flag). I just don't have time to make them. They should be at the same format as those in use now.

Well..

Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Brabant

The white and red cross of St Andrew was the flag of the 17 United Dutch Provinces, but the Spaniards hijacked the flag.
Simply because they claimed The Netherlands were part of Spain.

It's funny that the modern flag of North Brabant has still the original flag hidden in it... :grin:

I will be happy to oblige (also for other EU countries) if you send me flags for each region attached to a French flag on the left (like the double EU+France flag). I just don't have time to make them. They should be at the same format as those in use now.
Ok i will try...but what do you need exactly?
An unique picture with the two flags?
And wich format?

This thread has been viewed 17701 times.

Back