Dodecad euro7

Yes, because is not listed. And North African can't be included in a cluster with such distance from Africa. It must be Southeastern, the one wich is easily adaptable according to the numbers.

Note that Southwestern is even far in comparison from Southeastern (the same far again as Northeastern) and the Caucasus. If you don't believe in miracles, it's impossible.

- Caucasus : really specific to the Caucasus, especially the North Caucasus. It combines part of k=12's West Asian and Mediterranean admixtures. It's interesting to note that the Argyll Scots have the highest percentage in Europe (9.2%) before the South Italians, then come the Dutch and the Irish just ahead of the Greeks and the Brits. So it looks like there were two migrations from the North Caucasus, one to Greece, and the other to the Netherlands and the British Isles. I noticed before that the Dutch have more haplogroup J2 (6%) than the Belgians or (4%) or the Germans (4.5%). The highest percentage of J2 in the world is to be found among the Chechens (56%) and Ingush (88%) in the North Caucasus. Coincidence ?
Well, Spain again shows among the lowest levels of Caucasus/West-Asian, actually second lowest after Lithuanians.

- Southwestern : Correspond mostly to the slightly downsized Mediterranean admixture minus the Caucasus. For example, the Irish, who scored 21% Mediterranean now have 7.2% Caucasus and 10.2% Southwestern.
Not really. Southwestern is finally the breakdown of the previous Mediterranean component in it's West side, that is, Iberians-North-Italians-Sardinians.

Yes.
West Mediterranean component = Southwest Europe + Northwest Africa and East Mediterranean = Southeast European + Levant.

But Northwest Africa has nothing to do with Northwest Europe.
A shame there are no North-african samples, we could see how many Southwest-Europe they have.

A shame there are no North-african samples, we could see how many Southwest-Europe they have.
Ethiopians have more Southwest admixture. (y)

But how is it possible that Ethiopians (as East African folks) have more Southwest than Caucasian admixture?

I trully believe that Northwest African is incorporated into Southwest! For ME this is evidence!

North Africans must have substantial Southwestern from Iberia, but they are not listed. The reason for Ethiopians must come via North Africa.

To find Southwestern in Africa, is not evidence of Northwest African included. Precisely Ethiopians were nearly 0% Northwest African (well, only 2%, while East Africans 1.5%). I doesn't fit.

Ethiopians have more Southwest admixture. (y)

But how is it possible that Ethiopians (as East African folks) have more Southwest than Caucasian admixture?

I trully believe that Northwest African is incorporated into Southwest! For ME this is evidence!
Note that this is a Euro-Calculator, is designed to work only for Europeans, that's what Dienekes says on the entry blog.

Not really. Southwestern is finally the breakdown of the previous Mediterranean component in it's West side, that is, Iberians-North-Italians-Sardinians.

Do you think that Ligurians may have the same origins as iberians?
This would explain the fact that northern italians cluster closer with iberians, due to Ligurian and gaulish admixture versus iberians and celtiberians adimxture.

From wikipedia
Ligurian origins

In the 19th century, the Ligures' question got the attentions of not a few scholars. Amédée Thierry, a French historian, linked them to the Iberians,[6] while Karl Müllenhoff, professor of Germanic antiquities at the Universities of Kiel and Berlin, studying the sources of the Ora maritima by Avienus (a Latin poet who lived in the 4th century AD, but who used as source for his own work a Phoenician Periplum of the 6th century BC),[7] held that the name Ligurians generically referred to various peoples who lived in Western Europe, including the Celts, but thought the real Ligurians were a Pre-Indo-European population.[8]
Dominique-François-Louis Roget, Baron de Belloguet, claimed a "Gallic" origin.[9]
In favor of a Pre-Indo-European origin thesis were Henri d'Arbois de Jubainville, 19th-century French historian, who argued that the Ligurians, together with the Iberians, constituted the remains of the native population that had spread in Western Europe with the Cardium Pottery culture cardial ceramic,[10] and Arturo Issel, a Genoese geologist and paleontologist, who considered them direct descendants of the Cro-Magnon men that lived throughout Gaul from the Mesolithic.[11]

Btw, it's incredible that Ethiopians have for about 50% of Eurasian (non-African) admixture!

Note that this is a Euro-Calculator, is designed to work only for Europeans, that's what Dienekes says on the entry blog.
Not only for Europeans but for all West Eurasians (Europe, Anatolia and Caucasus), but he says nothing about (North) Africa. And you asked for African samples.

These are his words:

"in principle, the calculator could be used by non-Europeans/Anatolians/Caucasians, although I would be less confident of their results."

http://dodecad.blogspot.com/2011/09/euro7-calculator.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This would explain the fact that northern italians cluster closer with iberians, due to Ligurian and gaulish admixture versus iberians and celtiberians adimxture.

From wikipedia
Ligurian origins

In the 19th century, the Ligures' question got the attentions of not a few scholars. Amédée Thierry, a French historian, linked them to the Iberians,[6] while Karl Müllenhoff, professor of Germanic antiquities at the Universities of Kiel and Berlin, studying the sources of the Ora maritima by Avienus (a Latin poet who lived in the 4th century AD, but who used as source for his own work a Phoenician Periplum of the 6th century BC),[7] held that the name Ligurians generically referred to various peoples who lived in Western Europe, including the Celts, but thought the real Ligurians were a Pre-Indo-European population.[8]
Dominique-François-Louis Roget, Baron de Belloguet, claimed a "Gallic" origin.[9]
In favor of a Pre-Indo-European origin thesis were Henri d'Arbois de Jubainville, 19th-century French historian, who argued that the Ligurians, together with the Iberians, constituted the remains of the native population that had spread in Western Europe with the Cardium Pottery culture cardial ceramic,[10] and Arturo Issel, a Genoese geologist and paleontologist, who considered them direct descendants of the Cro-Magnon men that lived throughout Gaul from the Mesolithic.[11]

Are you referring to the original Iberians who occupied the south-east and central-east rim of Spain? The idea of the Ligurians and (original) Iberians being related is an intriguing one. The remainder of Spain and Portugal (2/3) was Celtic, Celtiberian and Lusitanian (Proto-Celtic / Para-Celtic). At a point in time you also had the Tartessians who seem to have been Celtic influenced, although the Atlantic School suggests they actually spoke a Celtic language.

From wikipedia
Ligurian origins

I agree 100% with you

Are you referring to the original Iberians who occupied the south-east and central-east rim of Spain? The idea of the Ligurians and (original) Iberians being related is an intriguing one. The remainder of Spain and Portugal (2/3) was Celtic, Celtiberian and Lusitanian (Proto-Celtic / Para-Celtic). At a point in time you also had the Tartessians who seem to have been Celtic influenced, although the Atlantic School suggests they actually spoke a Celtic language.

?
original Iberians as far as I read was only catalan area from france to Barcelona roughly

Btw, it's incredible that Ethiopians have for about 50% of Eurasian (non-African) admixture!

Incredible it is that it die of famine not the fact that have 50 % of Eurasia.

?
original Iberians as far as I read was only catalan area from france to Barcelona roughly
Wrong. Iberians where as far as East Andalusia.

It's good to remark the word ancient. All seems to indicate that Southwestern is the oldest one, wich means it had more time to move and spread. More or less the same could be said of the Southeastern, but I think this one is more artifical and gives a false impresion (a very intermediate one). It combines many influences, and the meaning is very different depending on the population or person. I think it must be refined if it's possible, probably in a K=12 analysis including this clusters this will be clarified as I said.

It's good to remark the word ancient. All seems to indicate that Southwestern is the oldest one, wich means it had more time to move and spread. More or less the same could be said of the Southeastern, but I think this one is more artifical and gives a false impresion (a very intermediate one). It combines many influences, and the meaning is very different depending on the population or person. I think it must be refined if it's possible, probably in a K=12 analysis including this clusters this will be clarified as I said.

I agree that this is important to talk about, because it confuses people a lot. I'm not sure I'd call any of them the "oldest one" because they all probably have components which arrived in their modern geographic distribution at different times. Southwestern is actually a good example, if we think of it as corresponding to peoples who have Y-DNA I2a1a and certain R1b subclades, then already we see that it has influences from different migration periods.

"Does Southwestern have the most Paleolithic European influence?" is a worthwhile question to explore. I think the answer right now is somewhere between "maybe..." and "probably..." I would like to see it refined as well.

The Fst distances on this component, the tree, and the distribution, makes me think it's the most likely one to have very significant Paleolithic element. What exactly reprresents as I said, but it's just my opinion, is the allele frequencies of the humans who remained in Iberia after the last glacial age. Isolation originated around the Pyrenees, wich has probably the highest presence between ethnic Catalans (if my results don't lie or aren't just exclusive, of course).

It's official I'm Northeastern. I've finally found an hour to read the instructions and run all the programs and files to make it work. Almost quit in the middle of it. We need Steve Jobs to make these programs, lol.

49.67% Northeastern
24.67% Northwestern
11.26% Southwestern
8.49% Southeastern
4.39% Caucasus
1.53% Far_Asian
0.00% African

Actually I was expecting to be more Southeastern, because I'm a brunet.

You also don't fit in any average Lebrok, but I assume you are mixed Euro ancestry. You look mostly like a Finnish and Hungarian mix jaja

Your Southeastern is slightly higher for what I see in the different Northern European averages. It's really incredible that most Northern Euros get more Southeastern than me, or if they get a bit less, it's because they have some Caucasus added. Too bad there aren't many Catalans, I feel quite alone now xd

This thread has been viewed 61532 times.

Back