Are Italians more sexy because of their higher genetic diversity ?

From a womens POV:

What exactly is "sexy"?. I would say that the men that have the most "offspring" are the sexiest on earth.

The population in Italy is a bit over 58 million. The population in China is One Billion , 347 million plus.

Go figure!

Melusine

From a womens POV:

What exactly is "sexy"?.

I am a brunette and find extremely attractive blonde men, in particular those of germanic origins. I must admit that blonde Italians look more germanic than celtic or slavic, so I put in the list also blonde Italian men (and there are, believe me). An athletic blonde man with a beautiful smile makes me die.

Autosomal DNA studies show Southern Italians clustering with Greeks, and Northern Italians clustering with Spaniards, Portuguese and French. See the latest Dienekes and Polako ancestry projects for examples.

And central Italians? In central Greeks didn't come, so I don't expect us to cluster with Greeks. From what I have read central Italians cluster more with Yugoslavians, but I ignore why.

I am a brunette and find extremely attractive blonde men, in particular those of germanic origins. I must admit that blonde Italians look more germanic than celtic or slavic, so I put in the list also blonde Italian men (and there are, believe me). An athletic blonde man with a beautiful smile makes me die.

And central Italians? In central Greeks didn't come, so I don't expect us to cluster with Greeks. From what I have read central Italians cluster more with Yugoslavians, but I ignore why.

I know that Tuscans (Central Italy) autosomally fall between Balkanites and N. Italians.

I remember reading that by around 1000 BCE, Italy was colonized by a migration of Illyrians all along the Adriatic coast and west to the Apennines. I am not sure if this is believed to be mostly by sea or by land. I would guess by sea as there was not much evidence of them at the time in the Northeast of Italy, which still appears to have had quite a few Italics at that point.

If we consider Tuscans as central Italians, they cluster between North Italians and South Italians, as expected. Some greeks might also cluster with central Italians, apart from South Italians.

If we consider Tuscans as central Italians, they cluster between North Italians and South Italians, as expected. Some greeks might also cluster with central Italians, apart from South Italians.

Not only Tuscans (descendents of Etruscans), but also Latins (or Latials, the inhabitants of the region of Rome), Abruzzeses (descending from Samnites, Picenes and Umbrians) Umbrians and Marchisans (descending from Picenes, Celts and Umbrians). In short, all those peoples descending from the Italics. Tuscans in this sense is an exception becouse they descend from Etruscans whose origins are still mysterious.
I suppose between Balcanites and Northern Italians, maybe.

As I have noticed, Italian "brunettes" are very contrasted compared to the other countries . You can find the best like the worst (very ugly or gorgeous).

As I have noticed, Italian "brunettes" are very contrasted compared to the other countries . You can find the best like the worst (very ugly or gorgeous).

I tend to agree, but this is due to the fact that Italian females (but I think most of the Southern Europeans) tend to have some physical characterists that lead to this.
-Most Italian girls tend to have a medium-small bone structure, therefore you can find very thin/delicate girls but also short girls on whom a bit of fatness has a destroying impact.
-Italian women tend to have curves, so you can find women with beautiful breast and hips, but also women who look a bit stocky.

This is only a generalization, anyway. There are also tall Italian women.
I think for best you mean a tall, armonious, with curves Italian brunette, and for worst a short, stocky, a bit fat Italian brunette.

I tend to agree, but this is due to the fact that Italian females (but I think most of the Southern Europeans) tend to have some physical characterists that lead to this.
-Most Italian girls tend to have a medium-small bone structure, therefore you can find very thin/delicate girls but also short girls on whom a bit of fatness has a destroying impact.
-Italian women tend to have curves, so you can find women with beautiful breast and hips, but also women who look a bit stocky.

This is only a generalization, anyway. There are also tall Italian women.
I think for best you mean a tall, armonious, with curves Italian brunette, and for worst a short, stocky, a bit fat Italian brunette.

I come from Roma too, so as you can imagine we are perfect instances of central Italian people! :grin:
This topic is really interesting because it's something I always asked myself. When I go abroad, being Italian is something that girls percieve as something really sexy. This happens also for women/girls that go abroad. Maybe it depends a bit on the reputation that Italians have all over the world! If someone is good looking in most of cases you have to add the stereotypes of Italian charm, of passion, ecc. And in some cases there are true things in this.
Not extending too much the issue, I think that the basical reason of attraction towards Italians is the diversity. As others have already said, Italians are one of the most mixed races in Europe and in the world, and this genetic outfit created an average beautiful people.
I think that diveristy gives attraction. Infact I had experiences with both Italian girls and foreigner girls and the strongest attraction was towards the foreigner girls (and vice versa, the girls that were more attracted from me were the foreigners). But the case of strongest mutual attraction maybe is beetween two sister nations: Italy and Spain. There would be a lot to say about that.

Anyhow I don't know my ethnical roots...But as you can see from my picture I have:

- Really light brown hair, almost blonde.
- Really dark eyes.
- Light skin that in summer becomes olive colour.

It is a perfect instance of mixed roots, isn't it? (y)

I come from Roma too, so as you can imagine we are perfect instances of central Italian people! :grin:
This topic is really interesting because it's something I always asked myself. When I go abroad, being Italian is something that girls percieve as something really sexy. This happens also for women/girls that go abroad. Maybe it depends a bit on the reputation that Italians have all over the world! If someone is good looking in most of cases you have to add the stereotypes of Italian charm, of passion, ecc. And in some cases there are true things in this.
Not extending too much the issue, I think that the basical reason of attraction towards Italians is the diversity. As others have already said, Italians are one of the most mixed races in Europe and in the world, and this genetic outfit created an average beautiful people.
I think that diveristy gives attraction. Infact I had experiences with both Italian girls and foreigner girls and the strongest attraction was towards the foreigner girls (and vice versa, the girls that were more attracted from me were the foreigners). But the case of strongest mutual attraction maybe is beetween two sister nations: Italy and Spain. There would be a lot to say about that.

Anyhow I don't know my ethnical roots...But as you can see from my picture I have:

- Really light brown hair, almost blonde.
- Really dark eyes.
- Light skin that in summer becomes olive colour.

It is a perfect instance of mixed roots, isn't it? (y)

I've been said that I can pass also for Greek, Bulgarian, Albanian, or a white Turk / Persian. Abroad I have been confused for Spanish once.
My boyfriend is always mistaken for German on the other hand.

I've been said that I can pass also for Greek, Bulgarian, Albanian, or a white Turk / Persian. Abroad I have been confused for Spanish once.
My boyfriend is always mistaken for German on the other hand.

The same thing that happens to you, it happens to my father!
About me...I don't know why when I go abroad they always already know that I'm Italian! :giggle:

I suppose they have to be great lovers, since they can't fight worth a damn...

Don't believe all the Anglo-American propaganda.

Europeans don't fight for a wrong cause generally.

But there are some area's in Europe that have a long tradition of mercenaries.
For instance in Scotland, Switzerland, Croatia, Germany, France.
This habit was partly because of poverty.

So it's not nice to piss off Italians.
Not even as a joke.
The Alpini fought against Austrian troopers in the Alpes. They even hoisted a gun to the top of a mountain, where today a mountain climber would have a hard time to climb to.

Italians just rock in my book.

They have been so cool to the Arbresh minority there.

And look at them here someone says something that would make other people go nuts… imagine if someone said that one of the other south Euro countries cant fight or that they were mixed.

Italians are sexy because they are laid back and self confident. I child talking about how cool his father and granddaddy were don’t make the juices flowing.

Come to thin of it have yet to se one ***** and moune here on how great they are or how pure they are… whatever that meens.

Cool = hot and sexy

i had a big rock bar in Antalya (the biggest tourism center in turkey). and i had the chance of meeting people from all around the world. and i meet lots of italian after the movie "mediteriano" which was made in greece island called "meis".

and i believe their fully deserved charm comes from their smile, nice language and fashion. hollywood movies also support their charisma.

italians looks very sexy, but for me northern europeans and especialyy white south africans are more beatiful, dutch people are very funny, ausies and canadians are very friendly. japanese people are the sweetest.

as a turkish it was big disappointment to see the girls were running away from you when they hear that you were turkish since they were very "friendly" :grin: in their vacation in turkey. they were competing with each other to have a turkish lover.

i don't belive we are that sexy, for italian men, sexy girls are found in eastern europe or northern europe (particulary scandinavia, czech rep. Hungary, poland, romania, bulgaria, moldova). among souther europeans for italian men are considered the spanish girls.
sex turism of italian men is latin america (also caribbeans), eastern europe (moldova, bulgaria..), sweden (all scandinavia) and thailand.

for italian women, probably black males, and maybe north african men (i know some cases of female sex turism in jamaica and in egypt)

i don't belive we are that sexy, for italian men, sexy girls are found in eastern europe or northern europe (particulary scandinavia, czech rep. Hungary, poland, romania, bulgaria, moldova). among souther europeans for italian men are considered the spanish girls.
sex turism of italian men is latin america (also caribbeans), eastern europe (moldova, bulgaria..), sweden (all scandinavia) and thailand.

for italian women, probably black males, and maybe north african men (i know some cases of female sex turism in jamaica and in egypt)

You'll be happy then about the thousands of North African males coming into Italy via the Lampedusa refugee camp (France has wisely closed its border near Nice).:LOL:

BTW most central and east European nationalities are as attractive as Italians, or more so.:unsure:

Haha.. It's a well known fact that grass is always greener in a far away meadow.
My father was a French type. Dark hair.
My mother was a German type. Blond hair.
So, I feel more attracted to darker women.
Because my mother was blond.

But after all those years I am married, it turned out that my wives family has yDNA J2..
It didn't surprise me at all.
A Celtic Prince married with a Roman Princess. :lol:

do fair haired men prefer dark haired women? and viceversa do blonde girls like dark haired men more?

This thread has been viewed 87744 times.

Back