R1b in Africa?

It's a completely different subcalde from what is found in Europe.

It's a completely different subcalde than what is found in Europe.

I was going to say the same, but you beat me to it. Specifically, the African subclade of R1b (V88) was probably the first to diverge. European R1b (M269) is closer with the Central Asian clade (M73) than the African one. It's also pretty moot to associate R1b-V88 with any ethnolinguistic group, since the split certainly predates the formation of any known language families, including Afro-Asiatic.

It's certainly interesting that this was some kind of migration back to Africa (because R1b certainly originated in Asia, either in Central Asia or the Middle East), though.

In addition to the tribe Husa, R1b haplogroup has been found in Sudan between the Copts, as a proportion of 15.2% (over 33 samples), and among the Arab tribes of Sudan too: 15.7% (in a good sample of 102 individuals). Scientific Study of 2008. American journal of physical anthropology

R1b it has also been found in the Herero tribe, Niger-Congo group, West Africa at a rate of 12.5% ​​(24 samples).

Elizabeth T Wood, Daryn A Stover, Christopher Ehret et al., "Contrasting patterns of Y chromosome and mtDNA variation in Africa: evidence for sex-biased demographic processes," European Journal of Human Genetics (2005) 13, 867–876. cf. "Appendix A: Y Chromosome Haplotype Frequencies."

In addition to the tribe Husa, R1b haplogroup has been found in Sudan between the Copts, as a proportion of 15.2% (over 33 samples), and among the Arab tribes of Sudan too: 15.7% (in a good sample of 102 individuals). Scientific Study of 2008. American journal of physical anthropology

R1b it has also been found in the Herero tribe, Niger, West Africa at a rate of 12.5% ​​(24 samples).

Elizabeth T Wood, Daryn A Stover, Christopher Ehret et al., "Contrasting patterns of Y chromosome and mtDNA variation in Africa: evidence for sex-biased demographic processes," European Journal of Human Genetics (2005) 13, 867–876. cf. "Appendix A: Y Chromosome Haplotype Frequencies."

While the fact that a subclade of R1b exists in Africa is interesting, I have no idea what you are trying to argue here.

While the fact that a subclade of R1b exists in Africa is interesting, I have no idea what you are trying to argue here.

His main purpose on this forum is to post racial lies and distortions about Spaniards / Iberians. I suspect that his behavior is engendered by primal insecurities.

I'm not arguing, I'm only giving general information.

I finish with Sudan's tribes:

Borgu 11.5% (26 samples)
Nubians 10.3% (39 samples)

Haplogroup has been found in Bijagos tribe, Senegal/Guinea (west Africa): 4.8% (21 sambles).

Rosa Alexandra, Ornelas Carolina, Jobling Mark A, Brehm António, Villems Richard (2007). "Y-chromosomal diversity in the population of Guinea-Bissau: a multiethnic perspective". BMC Evolutionary Biology 2007

I'm not arguing, I'm only giving general information.

I finish with Sudan's tribes:

Borgu 11.5% (26 samples)
Nubians 10.3% (39 samples)

Don't waste your time. Any informed person posting on Eupedia knows where to find African R1b info. It's (very) old news.

Perhaps Ferreiro is trying to say that the Iberian R1b gained access to the Iberian peninsula from the north of Africa.

Sometimes his mision is try to argue that Europeans are quite admixed but, of course, Spaniards are the main target. I supose the thread was trying to follow this way as much as posible.

See for example the other head, Canek (or Ferreira's Hulk version as I like to call), posting that Scandinavians have Amerindian DNA.

Serious people, of course.

Sometimes his mision is try to argue that Europeans are quite admixed but, of course, Spaniards are the main target. I supose the thread was trying to follow this way as much as posible.

See for example the other head, Canek (or Ferreira's Hulk version as I like to call), posting that Scandinavians have Amerindian DNA.

Serious people, of course.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, seriousLY ill people, of course.

Perhaps Ferreiro is trying to say that the Iberian R1b gained access to the Iberian peninsula from the north of Africa.

Given how Iberian R1b is virtually exclusively R1b-M269, African R1b is almost exclusively R1b-V88, I'd say this is totally plausible. I mean, theoretically there might be R1b-V88 in Iberia of Phoenician or Moorish origin, but given how rare R1b generally is in North Africa and the Levante that is quite unlikely. I you consider how rare - in comparison - even Haplogroup J1 is in Iberia, there goes that... :wary2:

Time to close this thread so. Nothing left to say, and the information about African R1b will remain for all people interested.

Given how Iberian R1b is virtually exclusively R1b-M269, African R1b is almost exclusively R1b-V88, I'd say this is totally plausible. I mean, theoretically there might be R1b-V88 in Iberia of Phoenician or Moorish origin, but given how rare R1b generally is in North Africa and the Levante that is quite unlikely. I you consider how rare - in comparison - even Haplogroup J1 is in Iberia, there goes that... :wary2:

J1 believes that in Spain it represents a 1 %.

Anyway I am with a muscular constractura in the neck through the fault of Ferreiro, because these days if I do not answer the lame thing. But today I have changed, the calmness has come to my spirit and I believe that cabbalas can be do without having because to come to the violence, finally we might do assumptions without need to provoke or to take it so to the defensive one.
Returning to the topic, there are some hypotheses round there that say that the R1b1 is of African origin, not of Asia. In a few years can they change many theories that today are had for true?, in that thing about the genetics there is heard all kinds of hypothesis and opinions and many ideas become old in a few years.

J1 believes that in Spain it represents a 1 %.

Anyway I am with a muscular constractura in the neck through the fault of Ferreiro, because these days if I do not answer the lame thing. But today I have changed, the calmness has come to my spirit and I believe that cabbalas can be do without having because to come to the violence, finally we might do assumptions without need to provoke or to take it so to the defensive one.
Returning to the topic, there are some hypotheses round there that say that the R1b1 is of African origin, not of Asia. In a few years can they change many theories that today are had for true?, in that thing about the genetics there is heard all kinds of hypothesis and opinions and many ideas become old in a few years.

Yes, given how R1b's most oldest outgroup is in Africa, yes, one would contemplate if it originated in Africa. What speaks against this, honestly, is that R1b's outgroups are all found in Eurasia: R1a, after all is firmly Eurasian, Haplogroup R2 is firmly Asian, Haplogroup Q is also Asian (as well as in the Americas, in addition to this, which underlines the fact that it originally came from Asia). Likewise, R1b entered Europe from Asia. After all, R1b-M269 is closer to M73, and I still am of the opinion that an origin in the Caspian-Uralic region for the P297 clade seems viable.

His main purpose on this forum is to post racial lies and distortions about Spaniards / Iberians. I suspect that his behavior is engendered by primal insecurities.

why do you say this............have you proof or only a feeling?

If he is a Galician , then recent castilian laws preventing galician to be taught in schools could be the issue. The EU ( minority languages organisation part ) is reviewing the issue. Same happened to Welsh a few years back and now ( the welsh ) they can speak welsh in the welsh parliament.

To me, trying to eliminate anyone's mother tongue is the same as genicide

why do you say this............have you proof or only a feeling?

If he is a Galician , then recent castilian laws preventing galician to be taught in schools could be the issue. The EU ( minority languages organisation part ) is reviewing the issue. Same happened to Welsh a few years back and now ( the welsh ) they can speak welsh in the welsh parliament.

To me, trying to eliminate anyone's mother tongue is the same as genicide

He's not any Galician. Proof? Just read his barrage of transparent & ridiculous anti-Spanish and even anti-Galician posts. No real Spaniard/Galician would write the things that idiot writes. And he's very obviously of Italian descent. I know this might be difficult for you to accept, but to any observant person it is quite blatant.

This thread has been viewed 52867 times.

Back