unetice

1. LeBrok

Were all Corded Ware groups the same people?

I have many samples and I can say that their admixture levels are quite varied, but it is hard to get a handle on any visible pattern. For example to look at a level of admixture and tell what area of CW they belong to. It is quite a daunting task. Perhaps they were the same group, same...
  2. LeBrok

Genetic source of Unetice Culture.

I've been running new kits (DNA), I got my hands on recently, through HarappaWorld admixture and started to notice some patterns. (Maybe real ones. ;) After quick calculations I found fairly good match for ancestral source of Unetice Culture. Have a look: I mixed Hungarian Late Neolithic...
  3. Maciamo

Y-DNA and mtDNA frequencies in Proto-Indo-European cultures

I have added the samples from Allentoft 2015 and updated the haplogroup frequencies in the section Haplogroups of Bronze Age Proto-Indo-Europeans.
  4. Maciamo

Autosomal analysis of Unetice and Urnfield genomes

I have just noticed that Genetiker ran the admixtures for a Unetice genome and an Urnfield genome. Here is a comparison with the Yamna and Bell Beaker genomes. There doesn't seem to be a big difference between Bell Beaker, Unetice and Urnfield. Let's keep in mind that these are individual...
  5. Maciamo

Bell Beakers were a multicultural phenomenon & trade network, not an ethnic culture

Bell Beakers were a multicultural phenomenon & trade network, not an ethnic culture I have noticed that Jean Manco mentioned in her new book Ancestral Journeys that the Bell Beaker culture represents the arrival of R1b people into Western Europe. I have explained before why it is extremely...
  6. Maciamo

Two major new papers on Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age mtDNA in Central Europe

Brandt et al. analysed 364 ancient mtDNA samples from the Early Neolithic (Linear Pottery culture) to the Early Bronze Age (Unetice culture), mostly around Germany, Bohemia and Poland. I believe that this is the largest study on ancient mtDNA to date. Although the article is behind a paywall...
Back