austria

1. K

Austria and Hungary

Hi all. New here. If disgused before just refer me to the discussion. I am very curious about the genetic composition of Austrians compared to south Germans and also compared to their neighbours to the east. Is there a divide within Austria? From history one would suspect that the modern...
  2. A

Ancestry of South Germans, Austrians, Swiss

Going by the ancient tribal groupings of ancient Europe, who are the ancestors of the southern Germans, Austrians, and German speaking Swiss? All of these places were once Celtic speaking areas being home the the Helvetti, the La Tene Celts, and other such groups. The Germanic tribes in the dark...
  3. Oasis

Politics Why German Speaking Countries Don't Unite Into One Big German Country?

Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. All these 4 countries speak German as their first and official language. they are bordering each other. They once used to be one country, yet they are divided. Always thought about that..
  4. Templar

Austria's Y-haplo-groups.

I know that Austria is mostly R1b, but could someone please list specific clades of it, and whether or not they are of Celtic or Germanic origin. I am wondering if Austria is more Germanic or Celtic. The area was inhabited by Celts for thousands of years, and it was the location of the Hallstatt...
Back