tourism

1. Maciamo

Major high-speed railways under construction in Europe

The European Union has been encouraging the development of the Trans-European high-speed rail network (TEN-R) for over two decades. The idea is to link most of Europe's major cities with highspeed trains so as to reduce air travel as much as possible by 2030 in order to help achieve the goals in...
  2. Maciamo

Climate change Which airlines are the most environmentally friendly?

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has estimated that aviation is responsible for around 3.5 percent of anthropogenic climate change. That may not seem much, but it's important to tackle global warming on every front as the situation has been deteriorating really fast over the...
  3. K

What all I can do on a 6-day trip to Spain?

Spain is a popular tourist destination, and is on the bucket list of tourists from all around the globe. Although 5 days won’t be enough for you to cover all of Spain as at the end of your trip it will keep you wanting for more, still I have tried to cover the major areas that you can visit on...
  4. Maciamo

Car rental price comparison by country and city across Europe

I have noticed that the price of car rentals can vary quite a bit between countries and interestingly the GDP per capita or general cost of life does not correlate at all with the price of car rentals. I have used the site CarRentals.com to compare prices in major European cities and capitals...
  5. Jovialis

Be one of the first to see this unique ancient Roman tomb

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2017/12/05/ancient-tomb-rome-open/ Following an extensive restoration, Rome’s Barberini Tomb is officially open to the public for the first time in its history. The two-story monument dates back to the second century BC and can be found along what remains of...
  6. G

Why do we need travel Insurance?How is it important in traveling trip?

Why do we need travel Insurance?How is it important in traveling trip?
  7. The_Lyonnist

Lyon, capital of Gaules City of Lights

I encourage you to visit my city, Lyon, the real capital of France, the real city of lights. Especially during the Festival of Lights December 8th. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyon http://www.en.lyon-france.com/
  8. A

Visit with Luxury Train

Hello, This is my first post anyway I'm going to visit Uk in the summer of 2015. Could any local tell me the most worth visiting places with luxury train. Thanx
  9. edgarpowell

A Beautiful location to have vacation in Southeastern Europe.

Turkey is a place with vast natural beauty & adventure excitements. One can find some of the best wines in the world here. Large number of tourist attracted to the beauty of the Mediterranean coast line, Turkey vacation includes exhilarating adventure sports & attractive cuisine. Many historical...
  10. R

Europe VS Western Europe ? And Which country is the best?

Hi Everyone ! I Am Rupok And I am very glad . Because I am a member of this site And I want to go to a country, where people are very good And girls are very friendly And beautifully And gives salary the best Thank you. I hope you will answer my question
  11. LeBrok

Sever Weather Information Center - Global

Going places? Check for severe weather at your destination. http://severe.worldweather.wmo.int/fog/
  12. Maciamo

What are Europe's most romantic destinations ?

This thread's purpose is to discuss and vote for Europe's most romantic destinations. The criteria to take into account are the atmosphere, the scenery, the beauty of the buildings, the quality and atmosphere of local restaurants, the friendliness of the locals, the weather, and above all...
  13. Maciamo

Les villages préférés des Français (2013)

Last year I posted the ranking of the French TV programme Le village préféré des Français. French TV viewers were asked to vote first for their favourite village in their region. After one village was selected to represent each of France's 22 metropolitan regions (excluding last year's...
  14. C

Trip to Dracula's castle and the Prahova Valley

This year we had a wonderful trip to Romania. I wanted to visit Dracula's castle at the same time, my husband wanted to go skiing. And I also have two very young children, 3 and 5 years. After searching the internet I found what I wanted. I booked through booking.com Apartment Luxor Busteni what...
  15. Maciamo

Suggest new places for Eupedia's travel guides

My aim with Eupedia is ultimately to create a comprehensive guide of all Europe. For the time being I am concentrating on Western Europe. Ireland and Spain were added recently. The next countries will probably be Austria and Denmark. I have listed all the destinations and attractions that I...
  16. Maciamo

New & updated guides to Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England

This summer has seen a considerable expansion of the travel section for the UK and Ireland. I have just inaugurated today the new Ireland Travel Guide. No detailed description pages so far, just a list of everything to see in the country (+ Northern Ireland) with plenty of photos. There are...
  17. edao

Paris Syndrome

'Paris Syndrome' strikes Japanese "That is what some polite Japanese tourists suffer when they discover that Parisians can be rude or the city does not meet their expectations. The experience can apparently be too stressful for some and they suffer a psychiatric breakdown." source
  18. A

Where to go in Sochi, Russia?

As long as Sochi os going to be Olympic capital in 2009 I thought that it might be interesting to visit the city. And look what I have found on the web. It was interesting for me to find this rating on the web, because I am from Russia. I hope it might be interesting for someone else too...
Back