sleep

1. Jovialis

Can't sleep? Could be down to genetics

Researchers have identified specific genes that may trigger the development of sleep problems, and have also demonstrated a genetic link between insomnia and psychiatric disorders such as depression, or physical conditions such as type 2 diabetes. The study in the journal Molecular Psychiatry...
  2. Jovialis

Writing Out a To-Do Lists May Help with Falling Asleep

I think I may try this out, to see if it works. A new study has come out suggesting that writing out a to-do list could help people fall asleep faster. Anxiety about tasks ahead of us may be a reason why people have difficulty falling asleep. This affects about 40% of American adults at least...
  3. Jovialis

Lack of sleep boosts levels of Alzheimer's proteins

That's a large portion of the population with sleeping problems. Chronic lack of sleep has been linked to an increase risk of Alzheimer's disease. Some of those issues affecting them can be treated though, like sleep apnea. Other's may have stress-related sleeping complications. Other issues may...
  4. Jovialis

Weekly Fish Consumption Linked to Better Sleep and Higher IQ

Considering how cultures like Japanese consume a lot of fish, I think this makes sense. Feeding children fish at 10 months-old sounds like a challenge, but if it could improve sleep and IQ; I think it would be worth it. Personally I love fish, if this is true, maybe I should eat more of it to...
  5. Jovialis

The Science of Dreaming: 9 Key Points

For the past several months, I've been remembering my dreams quite often. Initially, it started as very vivid nightmares; seriously terrifying, having supernatural themes. Lately, my dreams have been more like point 5, with an occasional nightmare here and there. Now my dreams tend to be more...
  6. edao

Debate Are you wasting your life?

A University of California, San Diego psychiatry study of more than one million adults found that people who live the longest self-report sleeping for six to seven hours each night. Other studies show that sleeping more than 7 to 8 hours per day has been consistently associated with increased...
Back