r1b-l21

1. M

R-L21 fixed in the Isles since EBA

Since the Early Bronze Age, haplogroup R1b-L21 seems to have been dominant in the British Isles(at least in Britain). 20/21 Y-haplogroups are R1b. 5/20 are some M269 subclades that are very small, or the sample doesn't have enough coverage(ended in '1a). But 15/21 are P312(a2), out of which...
  2. M

R-L21 in Ireland not from the Bronze Age?

I've been watching maps from this sitehttps://indo-european.eu/maps/early-bronze-age/And I noticed that R1b-L21 is not dominant in the British Isles throughout most of the Bronze and Iron Ages.Only in the Late Iron Age comes back in prominence. Before that time, R1b-P312(the ancestor of DF-27 &...
  3. B

CAMERON's INITIAL BIG Y ANALYSIS

As a result of additional information now showing on the Ytree.net in the MC14 SNP area, more details are now showing - which have enabled me to make an initial BIG Y analysis - to help us sort out which Cameron "stall" on the Ytree.net is which Cameron sub-clan branch. I have put a...
  4. brimcmike

Final - The Beaker phenomenon and the genomic transformation of northwest Europe.

Olalde I, et al. The Beaker phenomenon and the genomic transformation of northwest Europe. Nature. Published online: 21 February 2018. doi:10.1038/nature25738. [Gleaned from the Supplementary Information, and data tables that are behind a pay wall] Iberian Beaker-associated individuals...
  5. B

THE KING’S SON (THE EVIDENCE) (3rd EDITION) – RELEASED

I wish to announce after a number of years of detailed research and analysis that the 3rd Edition of The King’s Son (The Evidence) is now released and available through The King’s Son website. The Puzzle as to who my Grandfather’s paternal family line has been solved in this 3rd Edition of the...
  6. R

Hello from a L21>DF63>CTS6919, A92-

My name is Randy Highsmith. I am trying to determine where the HIGHSMITH name came from. It seems to me to be a uniquely American name. Some say we came from Ireland, some say Scotland and others say England. My FTDNA kit is B33208. So far I have tested at : L21>DF63>CTS6919, A92
  7. Maciamo

Searching for famous R1b-L21 individuals

This thread is dedicated to proposing new famous members of haplogroup R1b-L21 (M529) and its subclades. So far, confirmed R1b-L21 carriers include: - The House of Stuart (DF13 > DF41 > L744 > S781) - James Buchanan (L1335 > CTS11722 according to the Buchanan DNA Project) - William Ewart...
  8. Maciamo

Updated phylogenetic trees of R1b-L21, R1b-DF27 and R1b-U152

Time for an annual update of the R1b phylogeny. I have made 3 separate trees for these ever-growing subclades of the Celtic and Italic branches of R1b. I hope it's clearer than the older version. You can see larger versions here.
  9. W

Irish surname "Prendergast" and R1 sub-clades

In investigating my surname, in connection with family genealogy research, I have learned that my surname, "Prendergast" has the uncommon, if not rare, history of being traceable to its origin in Ireland in a single individual (or at least his immediate family). Maurice dePrendergast was a...
  10. B

R1b-L21 (S145) in Slovenia and Sicily?

Having had a look over the Haplogroup maps I thought it was strange to note the 1-5% occurance of R1b-L21 in what appears to be Slovenia. Anyone know why this could be? Also, what about the reasonable occurance in Sicily? http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup-R1b-L21.gif
  11. Maciamo

Deep Y-DNA subclades tested in Northern Spain & Gascony (including R1b subclades)

Begoña Martínez-Cruz et al. (2012) studied the frequencies of Y-haplogroups in the Spanish and French Basque country, Gascony, Navarra, La Rioja, northern Aragon, Cantabria, and northern Castille & Leon. There are 835 samples, making it the biggest and most detailed study for the region so far...
Back