Army rations rehydrated by urine

bossel

Reaction score
Well, science has made another great step forward. Now soldiers can pee on their rations to make them edible. :nuts:

A silly as it sounds, it's true. Found it today on the New Scientist website:
"Food scientists working for the US military have developed a dried food ration that troops can hydrate by adding the filthiest of muddy swamp water or even peeing on it.

The ration comes in a pouch containing a filter that removes 99.9 per cent of bacteria and most toxic chemicals from the water used to rehydrate it,"

During my first year in university, a Japanese roommate kept telling me the benefit of drinking urine ? beautifying skin, preventing cancer, anti-aging & etc.. She said the first urine in the morning was the most effective. She even told me that she could offer me some ?iced-pee? if I wanted to try.

Err?. I mean I like Japanese food, Japanese music and I like Japan fine, but I don?t like it enough to drink Japanese people?s pee.

Btw, my roommate was very pretty and voluptuous. She had a Swiss boyfriend who was into French kissing. Whenever I saw them tongue-tieing in our room, I felt wierd... :p Hee hee, little did he know... :blush:

I just read this article and found it interesting. But it does say that possible long term effects could be kidney damage.

Jean-Francois said:
During my first year in university, a Japanese roommate kept telling me the benefit of drinking urine ? beautifying skin, preventing cancer, anti-aging & etc.. She said the first urine in the morning was the most effective. She even told me that she could offer me some ?iced-pee? if I wanted to try.

Err?. I mean I like Japanese food, Japanese music and I like Japan fine, but I don?t like it enough to drink Japanese people?s pee.

Btw, my roommate was very pretty and voluptuous. She had a Swiss boyfriend who was into French kissing. Whenever I saw them tongue-tieing in our room, I felt wierd... :p Hee hee, little did he know... :blush:

oh my god... the question arises... you find out your girlfriend (who is a beautiful, voluptous asian chick) is a pee-drinker... do you stop dating her or do you insist she rinse, spit and repeat a few times before every kiss and live with it (atleast for a year or so)? (we're asuming she's so serious about this talking her out of it is not an option.. she'd rather leave you than leave the pee which is her lifestyle..)

:?
Im sorry but shawty gots to go! PEe...Not even for beautiful skin, cancer or whateva...No woamn should drink that .....or anybody for that matter! :D

I suddenly have a bad taste in my mouth... :sick:

I wonder if the boyfriend's skin is looking good these days. I wonder how well he's aging?

*cringe*

EscaFlowne said:
Im sorry but shawty gots to go! PEe...Not even for beautiful skin, cancer or whateva...No woamn should drink that .....or anybody for that matter!

Don't be surprised what women would do for beautiful skin. When my sister who had a face of freckles found out about it, she offered to pay me US$1000 to try the "formula" and see if it worked. But I told her to try it first ... so, it ended up neither of us had tried it.

Jean-Francois said:
Don't be surprised what women would do for beautiful skin. When my sister who had a face of freckles found out about it, she offered to pay me US$1000 to try the "formula" and see if it worked.
Pfft as if it's going to do anything about freckles. At the absolute most the only way it can work for anything is if you are losing useful trace elements & such through urine. However freckles aren't the result of lack of any sort of trace chemical / vitamin but a perfectly normal response to sunlight on skin so it would be a complete waste of time.

FWIW I don't think it's likely to cause any health problems, if you're healthy in the first place and if you take reasonable amounts of normal (non-alcoholic) drinks in the day as well. I'm not the only one with that opinion.

What kind of freckles are we talking about here? The full body type or just on the face? I don't see what the big deal is anyway, I happen to find freckles sexy (on women, of course). :relief: :D

Glenn said:
What kind of freckles are we talking about here? The full body type or just on the face?
Oy! It's his sister. He really shouldn't have the opportunity to know that. :D
[EDIT] Oops. Just fallen for the oldest slip-up on the net. 95% of everybody online is male. :p

Last edited:
I think freckles are cute too. I wouldn't get rid of mine! :p And if I wanted to get rid of them, I wouldn't take that approach! :mad:

I'm pretty sure "he" is a "she," right Jean-Francois? Anyway, it's not as though they couldn't talk about it. I happen to know some things about my brother's anatomy that I probably shouldn't, but that's because we are close in age and spent a lot of time bathing together as children.

Totally off-topic!

Sorry, did I say I was a guy before? I B.S. all the time so I can't really remember, maybe I should check my profile. Anyway...

Yeah, I personally find freckles pretty intriguing too, but in East Asia, almost every woman wants to have skin ?as flawless as the egg white?. Look at how popular all those whitening products are! :D

Heh, that is pretty nasty, although I remember hearing something about the mornings first pee being the most potent or something. I don't remember where I heard that or why.

What if a friend got stung by a jellyfish, would you pee on them?

Well, morning pee is best if you're taking a pregnancy test. Morning urine contains the most concentrated hCG levels because you haven't had an opportunity to dilute it by drinking a bunch of water or something like that.

And I came across this just now:

http://skepdic.com/urine.html

Glenn said:
Hmm, maybe people just think that your handle is a male name, so they assume that you are male too? :clueless:
Sorry I'm no good with for'n names. Unless they're Japanese foreign names.

I also have a tendency to assume everybody on the Internet is male until they say otherwise. (Not that always can be relied on :relief: )

Wow, I'm In Shock !!!!

Jean-Francois said:
Sorry, did I say I was a guy before? I B.S. all the time so I can't really remember, maybe I should check my profile. Anyway...

It took me 190 of your posts to find out you are female!
I always thought you were male? For some unknown reason, I try to pay more attention to the posts made by females? I will apply more attention to you Jean-Francois!

Frank

:blush:

Well, she told the story of how she got her name in the 'what does your name mean' thread, I think?

It's easy to get confused, though, because Jean-Francois is a guy's name.

This thread has been viewed 27580 times.

Back