Politics EU vs US

there seems to be a misunderstanding in a few places in this thread, let me clear it up..

EU does not equal Europe!

the EU is not very old, not old enough by far to have had anything to do with the revolutionary war.. i'd say youre a few hundred years off..

Like Duo said, that was Great Britain.. if the rest of europe were to help GB on that one, you guys would still be our bitches ;)

As I stated before I dont give a rats arse what happens to the US. And yes you are right about one thing the war the us is in now is bullshit "THE WAR ON TERROR" my arse! This whole country dishonors me that is why I am leaving as soon as possible. To be honest I would LOVE to see EU rise up and be the new "superpower" maybe it will take a little focus of this hellhole of a country. But I dont see that happening beacuse you are to divided.

But if EU ever becomes a "superpower" GOOD ON YA!!!! I will drink to that!!!!!
:beer: :beer: :beer:

god i hope that doesn't happen.. if you think america has a corrupt governament now.. we have so many assholes in europe, and they're all politicians!

Duo wrote....
Take Switzerland for example, 26 different cantons, 3 different languages, no problem in stickin together. Also look at Belgium, run in a federal style, the Flemish and French-speakin area have separate governments, languages, and even different public transportation. So is not so hard to picture a unified Europe,

But you're talking about various government organizations in an area smaller than one U.S. state. There's a long way to go to get all of the areas in all of the countries in Europe to agree.

....and....
France didn't want to in a war they didnt' beleive in.

If I were France I wouldn't have joined this stupid war either. It has nothing to do with bravery.

Brooker said:
Duo wrote....

But you're talking about various government organizations in an area smaller than one U.S. state. There's a long way to go to get all of the areas in all of the countries in Europe to agree.

Absolutely, there is a long way. I was just giving examples that the EU doesn't need to be as adhesive as the US, but can be a bit more loose.

Granted. But (for better or worse) I think one of the main reasons the U.S. is so strong is that it is so firmly united.

The European Union is already the largest economic entity in the world. So it's already the number 1 economic superpower.
It can also become a political superpower and military superpower if they want to take on that heavy burden, but then some more reforms need to be done in the EU before it could work well and efficiently.

TimF said:
Where are the french chicken shits now? It's pretty bad that they are affraid of an army that is not even in like the top ten in power. That is one thing i can say about the US is we never chickened out. Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone.

Americans will always be arrogant about war. They did not even enter World War II until they were attacked directly, so they did chicken out. France has not been attacked by Osama or Sadam so why should they enter this war effort, Americans were no different. That is one thing that annoys me about the U.S.A., the fact that you think you single handedly won the wars and never "chickened out"..Pfft.. Now, sure you have alot of bombs, Congratulations, There's more to life than war you know.. Actually, War will most likely be the cause of having nothing more to life, if you know what I mean.
(TimF I am not saying this to you personally, it's just about america, lol)
Aaagh whatever.. I must go now, and never return to this thread.. lol
Oh yeah and on topic.. umm.. I hope EU doesn't become powerful because it will probably cause militarism and an arms race and the eventual war to kill us all :) .. wait that is nothing :) about.. this is more appropriate :worried:

The French and Germans are proud people, and there are reasons

behind their prides.

Arm race between EU and US?

Not very likely? Unlike China, the European Union doesn?t use tanks to roll over protesting students, does it?

Superpower of what? Economic ?yes! Military? Errrr? is it necessary?

I am not familiar with the political scene in Europe AT ALL, but I always thought the aim of forming a European Union led by the French and Germans was to use trade and interactions between civilians to break down national barriers in order to maintain peace among neighboring countries.

At first England hesitated to hop in partly because in the 90s the English economies (U.S., Canada, Australia and England) experienced the most growths among developed countries. I remembered I had read somewhere that the economy of German or France alone was much smaller than Japan?s. I think it?s smart for them to recognize the power of collectivism.

Asian Union? Maybe in the next millennium?

It is very noble for the Europeans to come up with such a concept as the European Union. Asian countries? errr? how long did it take them to adopt a parliamentary system? I don?t know much about history, but it seemed that these countries were forced to take up a constitutional system or something. Why couldn?t they think of that earlier? Maybe they thought it was an honor to be the servant of a lord or an emperor?

Countries like these don?t have major problems copying the science and technology of advanced democratic countries. But to copy the political philosophy of the E.U.? It involves a lot of thinking and analyzing? and an open mind. Liberal thinking under the educational system in East Asia is not emphasized as much as in Europe, is it?

Hmmm? I think it is easier to teach people Calculus, Chemistry, and Biology than to teach people how to think, although several Asian countries? governments are pretty good at teaching their people to hate their neighbors. Or maybe they already hate one anther? Then it will be such a challenge for their governments to teach them how to love their neighbors. lol

TimF said:
Where are the french chicken shits now? It's pretty bad that they are affraid of an army that is not even in like the top ten in power. That is one thing i can say about the US is we never chickened out. Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone.

I would like to appologize for this comment I was inconsiderate of others feelings when I poped off at the mouth. If you could forgive me I would appreiciate it if not I understand.

Reactions: Duo
Jean-Francois said:
behind their prides.

Arm race between EU and US?

Not very likely? Unlike China, the European Union doesn?t use tanks to roll over protesting students, does it?

Superpower of what? Economic ?yes! Military? Errrr? is it necessary?

I am not familiar with the political scene in Europe AT ALL, but I always thought the aim of forming a European Union led by the French and Germans was to use trade and interactions between civilians to break down national barriers in order to maintain peace among neighboring countries.

At first England hesitated to hop in partly because in the 90s the English economies (U.S., Canada, Australia and England) experienced the most growths among developed countries. I remembered I had read somewhere that the economy of German or France alone was much smaller than Japan?s. I think it?s smart for them to recognize the power of collectivism.

Asian Union? Maybe in the next millennium?

It is very noble for the Europeans to come up with such a concept as the European Union. Asian countries? errr? how long did it take them to adopt a parliamentary system? I don?t know much about history, but it seemed that these countries were forced to take up a constitutional system or something. Why couldn?t they think of that earlier? Maybe they thought it was an honor to be the servant of a lord or an emperor?

Countries like these don?t have major problems copying the science and technology of advanced democratic countries. But to copy the political philosophy of the E.U.? It involves a lot of thinking and analyzing? and an open mind. Liberal thinking under the educational system in East Asia is not emphasized as much as in Europe, is it?

Hmmm? I think it is easier to teach people Calculus, Chemistry, and Biology than to teach people how to think, although several Asian countries? governments are pretty good at teaching their people to hate their neighbors. Or maybe they already hate one anther? Then it will be such a challenge for their governments to teach them how to love their neighbors. lol

Actually the concept of an united Europe has existed since a while back ago. I can remember of the early 1800's where czar Alexander wanted such an union. I agree that Europe doesnt need to militirize to become a superpower. Economics today persuade more than weapons.

China is larger than EU in many aspects. We can regard China itself as Asian Union in my opinion.

China ≒ EU
China+ Mongolia, Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand etc ≒ EU + Canada, Russia, Israel, Egypt, Argentina, etc

Despite the economic factor, I think the EU could conduct a much better foreign policy agena than the US. The main factors of this are that the EU has leaders that know the "world" and is not hostage to certain powerful lobbies. It will rarely mix domestic influence with foreign policy.

This thread has been viewed 24044 times.

Back