Memory cards survive boiling, washing, trampling and dunking !

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
BBC News : Digital memories survive extremes

The memory cards in most cameras are virtually indestructible, found Digital Camera Shopper magazine.

Five memory card formats survived being boiled, trampled, washed and dunked in coffee or cola.

The formats were CompactFlash, Secure Digital, xD, Memory Stick and Smartmedia. Even some of the thinner cards that appear to be fragile fared well in the trial.

They were dipped into cola, put through a washing machine, dunked in coffee, trampled by a skateboard, run over by a child's toy car and given to a six-year-old boy to destroy.

Perhaps surprisingly, all the cards survived these six tests.

Most of them did fail to get through two additional tests - being smashed by a sledgehammer and being nailed to a tree.

:eek:

LOL, it's quite fantastic.. but i hope they didnt expect it to survive having a nail run through it or being smashed to little bits :D

Awesum!!

The whole digital camera thing is really something. I can get 72 high quality pics on my card. Now you can get film quality with 8 & 10 megapixel cameras, and they have great telephotos built in. I started taking pictures around 1957 and haven't stoped since. When I think of all the money I spent on film & pictures that I couldn't
doctor as I do now with PhotoShop. And now even cell phones have cameras; amazing!! Great world of gadgets
we live in!!

Frank

:cool:

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 5687 times.

Back