Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: In what God(s) do you believe ? (check all that apply)

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life

22 17.32%
  • I believe in one God that created the Universe, but does not interefere with our lives or judge us

7 5.51%
  • I believe in the indivisible Trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost

15 11.81%
  • I believe in one Almighty God and saints or other lesser gods

2 1.57%
  • I believe in many Gods, each with a special attribute (god of love, god of luck, etc.)

5 3.94%
  • I am not sure whether God exist or not

25 19.69%
  • I am convinced that God does not exist or it is irrelvant for us humans to know

34 26.77%
  • I believe in God, but do not belong to any religion

8 6.30%
  • I believe in God and have a religion, but I do not practice it regularily

11 8.66%
  • I am God. (According to my philosophy.)

9 7.09%
  • God is everything that exist. We are part of it.

19 14.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In what God(s) do you believe ?

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Ethnic group
    Celto-germanic

Arrow In what God(s) do you believe ?

I know I already posted another thread with poll named "What is your religion", but this survey is a bit different. I am NOT asking what is one's religion, but only if you believe in God(s) regardless of what specific religion you belong to.
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter ----------------- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----------------- Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    welsh/english

I believe in none. I have no religion. We all go to the same place when we die.

1 year registered

I'm a Baptist... but I wouldn't call myself a good Christian cause I have sinned. Oh, how I have sinned....

wait up! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    ..still at it?.. go away!

since there is no "I am God" option I'm gonna go with the "there is no god" one.

I am god would sort of be a valid option though.
    I consider myself the god of my world. My world revolves around me and was created the second I became conscious of my surroundings.
    Everything I say or do has great impact on how my world turns out.
    I can actively change how my world will turn out.

By some definitions, I am my God.
    夜露死苦!

www.twisted-irony.com - Webcomic. updates=bad
    I find affence at your post as I ware eyeglass and have lmited site.
    Sankyuu~!

変な外人 Achievements:
    1 year registered

I don't know if god exists or not.

I jump to conclusions Achievements:
    1 year registered

By some definitions, I am my God.
    I'd vote the same way.
    I'm sort of a non-dualist.

Banned Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered

I wish I could say something funny or original, but I'm pretty conventional here. There is a God. He created everything, became a man in the person of Jesus to die for our sins, and rose on the third day. (I didn't make this up, i read it somewhere.)

I would try to say that I am God, but I can't even find my glasses and keys.

I jump to conclusions Achievements:
    1 year registered

Heh heh, I can't even remember what I did 10 minutes ago.

I should probably try to explain my answer a bit more.
    You = random coalescence of atoms. You are made up of stuff that was around before, and will be around after you die. You are, essentially, made out of the same stuff as everything else. Energy. Energy, according to the laws of thermodynamics, cannot either be created or destroyed. Sounds kinda religious, doesn't it?
    If you think differences exist, they do. If you don't think there are differences, there are none. The source is the same; but people are always trying to set up categories between their ego and something else. That's just what language does to conciousness. (See Wittgenstien.)

Since I can't write worth a damn, here's some Aldous Huxley.

"Dualism, without it there can hardly be good literature. With it, there most certainly can be no good life."

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    I am from YOKOHAMA,Japan!!

I am also my own God...decide for myself and make my own "destiny".....according to my dear philosophy.
    ah....it is great to be God.

Haha, seriously, I don't follow any religion..

actually, I voted twice in this poll.

God doesn't exist AND

I am my own God....

Maybe it sounds dubious, but it isn't, so I will explain further:

My opinion, there is no God, only us to decide our lives, hence: we are all Gods...in ourselves with free will (existentialism)...

Gag me with a spoon Achievements:
    1 year registered

I liked the last option.

The Goddess to me is everything, and we are a part of Her beacon of energy.

She doesnt have a faith orchestrated after Her though.

My Goddess' wisdom far surpasses that of conventional judgments, in that She has absolutely no concious mind to predestin, or create the possible outcomes that we encounter in our lives. She cant interfere with the lives of Her children, in that She is living in the lives of Her children. She loves absolutely, in that She has no feelings at all. She is, in fact, incapable of grasping concepts of love, as she is all, and in becoming all, is less than nothing, and therefore worthy of no heed or worship.

At least, thats what I believe.

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Swedish

I don't belive in any god.

Envious of Nabeshin's Fro Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Burns if left in sun

I guess I'm not sure. It doesn't seem very important to me. If there is a god, I guess that's nice. I wish she'd do something about this mess she created, but I understand if she can't cause this whole universe thing is pretty big.

Also, your question assumes that our belief is static. My belief, whatever it is, is fluid and changes from moment to moment. I think we can also believe and not believe at the same time.

<<<<Angel>>>> Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Asian

I believed in God, I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life
    Member of Cacawate Fans Club

"Live life to the fullest"

Master X

by reading some of the posts, I'm disapointed. But thats not my business to interphere.
    You guys are doomed...

ohayo otaku:) Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    caucasian

i deffinately belieave in god. one god. but i dont think that human beings could possibly ever understand "what" it is. i dont think its a "he", i dont think its a "she", i think its an "it" that takes many forms..but i do not think we are judged, i think we decide for ourselves whitch path we take.
    I JUST SHOT SMACK INTO BOTH MY EYEBALLS, WHOOOAAAHHH!!!!!, BLAAARGGGG.....

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Burns if left in sun

I guess I feel that any god that "dooms" people or sends people to hell for having an alternative viewpoint isn't really worth worshipping. That doesn't sound like the work of an omnibenevolent being to me.

I like Winter's answer a lot. I don't know if I "believe" it, but I like it. It really reminds me of the ending to "Another Roadside Attraction" by Tom Robbins. Have you read that?

Hentai Koutaishi Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Caucasian

I believe neither in God nor in any other freaky imaginary beings like the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause or whatever else.

Banned Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered

I've SEEN Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.

Co-owner: Jovesca Records Achievements:
    1 year registered

Orgi. Born in Ceiba,Puerto Rico, now live in orlando,Fl

Ethnic group
    African American

Originally raised as a baptist. I have seen alot and have my own opinions now so i'm kinda undecided. looking for a new religion.
    "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." ~ Buddha
    "I am clever because I know the cause of my ignorance..." ~ Bruce Lee

Cacawate Fan Club: President "Personal" Assitant

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Ethnic group
    Celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by sabro
    I've SEEN Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.
    Who hasn't ? I have seen MANY different Sanat Claus and many Easter Bunny. I have even eaten some easter bunny (chocolate ones).
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter ----------------- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----------------- Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Thrill Seeker Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Korean Canadian

Takes more faith to believe in non-God than God.

Gag me with a spoon Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_kor
    Takes more faith to believe in non-God than God.
    You know, I've heard of circular logic, but never 'run-into-a-brick-wall logic'.

It takes an absence of faith to not believe in something onmipresent like the Goddess or a god, you confused Canadian.

wait up! Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    ..still at it?.. go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter
    You know, I've heard of circular logic, but never 'run-into-a-brick-wall logic'.

It takes an absence of faith to not believe in something onmipresent like the Goddess or a god, you confused Canadian.
    I agree with the confused canadian. but sure, have it your way. add a confused swede to the list.

People have always turned to gods to explain what they couldn't explain. If you believe that there is no God, you have to put your faith in the fact that even though I can not explain it right now, there is a reasonable explanation to it. Takes alot of faith when everyone tells you it's the work of "God". That they already have the answer.
    夜露死苦!

www.twisted-irony.com - Webcomic. updates=bad
    I find affence at your post as I ware eyeglass and have lmited site.
    Sankyuu~!

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Burns if left in sun

It's a lot more difficult to think for yourself than to allow others to think for you.

ohayo otaku:) Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    caucasian

well, if the worlds leading particle physisists cant explain why we are here, i refuse to believe that their is "no" reason. i have studied both sides of the story, science wants us to believe that first, there was nothing, surrounded by "nothingness", and then, a big bang, and "poomph" there waseverything. religion would have us believe that the universe as we know it was created by an all powerfull intellect beyond our grasp of realism.
    i dont buy the part about first there was nothing, and then there was everything. i think there is something much larger in the picture, and although i could never understand it, i have faith that we are not here for nothing. compare yourself to every other creature on earth. if you tell me we evolved from apes, thats fine, we probably did, but where did the apes come from, where did the one-celled organisms at the bottom of the ocean near the volcanic vents come from. if you are talking about christianity or catholocism my point is, the roman catholic church, has over the centuries done its best to turn tragedy into terror. and create a ruling class royal family. jerks. and re-write many chapters in the bible to their liking. many ppl who have never read a bible from front to back cannot in fairness speculate upon the motives, of the diety in question. like buddha said when asked about the "christ" figure in the east, he replied "how would i know, i wasnt there." the idea that everything we know came out of nowhere, (and im not talking about the big bang, im talking about why the big bang happened to begin with) is an even farther reach for me, than to believe that god created it. for instance, a lot of ppl believe in ghosts and magic. ive never seen a ghost, or any magic, but i believe they exist to some extent. over 80% of the world is religious, my point is, they are religious for a reason. i believe in both science and god.
    i believe both of them have valid arguments. but i do not believe that science will ever provide us with a "why". i think that only god can tell us that, and science can only tell us "how". i do not believe in the conventional views of god, like i said, i think it an "it". but i do believe it exists.

until maybe "aliens" show up and show us all how it happened, and im inclined to believe thats not so far off the chain either....hhmmmmmm
    I JUST SHOT SMACK INTO BOTH MY EYEBALLS, WHOOOAAAHHH!!!!!, BLAAARGGGG.....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast