imaginary friends

Dewberry said:
I remember having an imaginary friend called Yana.
.....I am glad that I am NOT the only one who has NAMED the imaginary friends....GOOD!

Mycernius said:
Nothing wrong with a bit of madness. Just as long as you don't act on what the voices tell you

Too late, I've already sucumbed to becoming The Punisher because of the voices in my head. :evil:

Doc

Doc said:
I talk to myself. I'm guessing that's not healthy at this age though.

Doc

I do to! Seriously.. I do. It's pretty crazy. And it's not prayer or singing or anything like that. I just find it fun sometimes, cause the people you "talk with" when you talk to yourself always answer the way you like them to.. !

I'm NOT mad though.. *she's lying*

isayhello said:
I do to! Seriously.. I do. It's pretty crazy. And it's not prayer or singing or anything like that. I just find it fun sometimes, cause the people you "talk with" when you talk to yourself always answer the way you like them to.. !

I'm NOT mad though.. *she's lying*

Yes I do the same. It's become habitual throughout the years though so it's kind of hard to break it. However, the good news is I know I'm not that crazy because I don't do it in public, only when I'm home alone. However, the reason why I do it was because I was neglected as a child from other kids. I really didn't have a childhood at all. There was only a few things I can remember that was good. The rest of it, well let's just say I don't want to think about it. Let's just say it was me and my own little world for over 13 years. Kind of hard to break after that much time. :eek:

Doc

noxlord said:
I remember having an imaginary friend while I was young, because I nearly had none real... :(
Well, back then I used to have few imaginary "mentors" that talk to me when im really depressed. It was good since you end up being more open-minded (these characters have had to be realistic in terms of personality.. yes im strange ;) ), as well as good for companionship. You're not alone ;)

What kind of imaginary friends?

The ones you made up / imagine?

Or the ones that pretending to be your imaginary friends?

The ones you made up, they can be harmful, since they are part of you, if they are harmful, that mean you too can be harmful.

While for the ones that pretending to be your imaginary friends, they are totally harmless, the only harm can be done is if you let them influences you.

But in the end, imaginary or not, it's really just up to you

As for "I used to have an imaginary friend, named 'Ella', when I was little. Whenever I did something bad, I would blame it on her... "

Well... You better hope that Ella wouldn't mad and capable of taking over your body, or else something bad would happen and it would be really Ella that did it.

As for multiple personalities and maybe also unconscious imaginary friends.

Well... Maybe it's similiar to the computer term of "multi-threading", where one program done multiple things at roughly the same time.

Unless it's done by a foreign party, then it's possession, like when a cracker crack a program to do his or her own will. Then it's time to reboot.

Re: What kinds of imaginary friends ?

digicross said:
The ones you made up, they can be harmful, since they are part of you, if they are harmful, that mean you too can be harmful.
While for the ones that pretending to be your imaginary friends, they are totally harmless, the only harm can be done is if you let them influences you.
But in the end, imaginary or not, it's really just up to you.
Not really. Words can kill as much as sticks and stones. In principle it's up to "you" but the adjusting doesn't come naturally; some never learn.
DigiCross said:
As for multiple personalities and maybe also unconscious imaginary friends.
Well... Maybe it's similiar to the computer term of "multi-threading", where one program done multiple things at roughly the same time.
Unless it's done by a foreign party, then it's possession, like when a cracker crack a program to do his or her own will. Then it's time to reboot.
Aren't imaginary fiends always clearly recognized as imaginary ? I think you're confusing multitasking/multiple aptitudes with multiple personality in the strictest sense. But your reasoning and conclusion should replace what's in the current textbooks. If only real was as easy as rebooting ! ;)

Although I differ in the details, you have wonderful insights that is quite uplisfting!

Last edited:
It's normal I guess. I had 2 imaginary friends actually, at the same time. Three of us was talking all the time, debating and arguing too and it happened all in my head. It stopped when I was 12. But when I sometimes recall our conversations, I think they taught me to really develop a brain for thinking and to evaluate different point of views.

This thread has been viewed 33218 times.

Back