Long ring fingers indicate more virility, aggressivity or fertility

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Finger length 'key to aggression'

It has been known for some time that there is a direct correlation between finger lengths and the amount of the male sex hormone testosterone that a baby is exposed to in the womb.

In women, the two fingers are usually almost equal in length, as measured from the crease nearest the palm to the fingertip. In men, the ring finger tends to be much longer than the index.

Other studies looking at finger length ratio have suggested that, in men, a long ring finger and symmetrical hands are an indication of fertility, and that women are more likely to be fertile if they have a longer index finger.
Men with the shortest index fingers scored higher on measures of physical aggression than those with longer index fingers, but the study's findings did not apply to women.
He said: "Finger length can tell you a little bit about where personality comes from.

"A large part of our personalities and our traits are determined while we are still in the womb."

Interesting, isn't it. Well, they'll have to explain how my ring and index fingers are the same length, although I was probably exposed to quite a lot of testosterone in the womb, given my hairiness and very "male" way of thinking (rational, analytical...)

given my hairiness and very "male" way of thinking (rational, analytical...)

:D

I actually just read that article, too. Interesting stuff. I also vaguely recall someone once telling me your finger length is related to your penis length.

So, does that mean all of us with big hands are aggressive and have huge schlongs?

:relief:

mad pierrot said:
So, does that mean all of us with big hands are aggressive and have huge schlongs?

Well I do have big hands, but the article says that the difference of length between the ring and index fingers is what matters. :clueless:

mad pierrot said:
:D

I actually just read that article, too. Interesting stuff. I also vaguely recall someone once telling me your finger length is related to your penis length.

:relief:

I just have a really big schlong.

I think the researchers should have also looked into the diameter of the nostrils and that of the index fingers.
For example, one can logically hypothesise that when a child is old enough to pick one's nose, small nostrils and thick indexes can be really frustrating because he can't get to the goodies.
Frustration leads to undue stress and anxiety, and chronically leading to an aggressive type of behavior and personality. :blush:

Edit: Just not to sound too frivolous, I'd like to add a more serious remark.
My index finger is less than 5mm shorter than my ring finger. I am "fully" functional, and my hands have this rugged, bony feature. I just think the study is a bit flawed, because what testosterone does is in relation to the hormone estrogen. The individual levels and the ratio between the two all come into play.

Why are growth hormones not mentioned here ? What about diet ? What about average blood sugar level and insulin regulated patterns ? What about personal history ? What about family history ? As for these independent factors; has there been a genuine effort to rule these out ? The report doesn't say.

Not one is the cause of the other in my opinion; more likely these are unrelated variables showing some kind of correlation by chance distribution. 300 test subjects is hardly reliable number to base any kind of serious theorising in scientifc reasoning.

Last edited:
Index said:
I just have a really big schlong.
i'm just aggresive! :auch:

And I just have a really long middle finger that I use for showing my negative mindset for various things.

what if you have no fingers?
does that make you d!ckless with no strong emotions either way?
what happens if you used to have fingers and then lost them...by trying to hold open a revolving door for example...does your personality change or your manhood drop off?

smoke said:
what if you have no fingers?
does that make you d!ckless with no strong emotions either way?
what happens if you used to have fingers and then lost them...by trying to hold open a revolving door for example...does your personality change or your manhood drop off?

Lost fingers don't count. The article suggested that long ring fingers are a result of high testosterone in the womb. The fingers have absolutely no direct effect on the rest of the body. But high testosterone has other effects than on the fingers.

Maciamo said:
Finger length 'key to aggression'

Interesting, isn't it. Well, they'll have to explain how my ring and index fingers are the same length, although I was probably exposed to quite a lot of testosterone in the womb, given my hairiness and very "male" way of thinking (rational, analytical...)
ah! a fellow wookie. I'm hairy too. I can recall that this study pops up every now and then. Usually if it has been a slow news day. I've got a tendancy to take these studies with a pinch of salt. It's more of a nature vs nurture debate

Maciamo said:
Lost fingers don't count. The article suggested that long ring fingers are a result of high testosterone in the womb. The fingers have absolutely no direct effect on the rest of the body. But high testosterone has other effects than on the fingers.
it was a tongue in cheek response.

it was a tongue in cheek response.

Same here. I didn't mean to highjack the thread with silly comments, but I'm a ****** for such opportunities.

:sorry:

This thread has been viewed 17276 times.

Back