Best invention for the past 200 years?

If I Could Go Back A Little More In Time.....

I would chose the opposite sex (having sex).

Frank

:blush:

I knew that they had been around longer than 200 years, but I was mainly referring to companies such as "trojan", "magnum" or "rough rider" you know...something more along the line of "ribbed for her pleasure" but I appreciate the link!

The laser!!!!!!

as it is being used to listen to cd's , medical threadment, warfare, cutting , (starwars.....) stupid speed controls, guidance for transportation and spacecraft to thermonuclear fusion. etc etc

Look here to see what a laser really is,

and here to see what kind of laser types there are

laser-intro.jpg

jarvis said:
the bikini

Swimsuit or Nuclear test ?

Regards,

?W????

Sorry folks !

It just occurred to me ....

The steam engine is invalid !

It predates 1805 !

With apologies ...

?W????

Sensuikan San said:
Sorry folks !

It just occurred to me ....

The steam engine is invalid !

It predates 1805 !

With apologies ...

?W????

Dang! I was just getting ready to bust you on that!

Sensuikan San said:
Swimsuit or Nuclear test ?

Regards,

?W????

Strange this should come up. Just yesterday I watched a 1987 documentary, "Radio Bikini" about those tests. Bikini has to be one of the finest examples of a good idea poorly implemented.

Aaaaah yes!

The old geezer's 'hot to trot' today !

Let's just say "age will occasionally beat beauty" ! (Especially when you actually went to school with Watt, Newcomen and Trevithick ....!):clap:

:)

?W????

mikecash said:
.... Bikini has to be one of the finest examples of a good idea poorly implemented.

Yeah !

Swimsuit or Nuclear Test ?

(Is there a smiley .... for "rolling around on the floor, absolutely out of control, laughing" ?)

So sorry ! Just couldn't resist ... !

Warmest Regards,

?W????

I believe it's the transistor :) . Without it, many of today's technological developments could not have been possible (or would have at best, progressed very slowly).

Imagine using vaccum tubes in place of transistors - the result would be unreliable electrical appliances (vaccum tubes failed easily) and theorectically speaking, the average Pentium II CPU (not Pentium IV) could be as large as a warehouse.

Sensuikan San said:
Yeah !

Swimsuit or Nuclear Test ?

(Is there a smiley .... for "rolling around on the floor, absolutely out of control, laughing" ?)

So sorry ! Just couldn't resist ... !

Warmest Regards,

?W????

You should see that documentary about the Operation Crossroads test/fiasco at Bikini. I just now did some googling on the operation and found a page that expands on some things the documentary didn't really get a chance to cover.

http://www.aracnet.com/~pdxavets/weis1.htm

Ribbed for her pleasure? How many of you guys turn it inside out so its ribbed for 'your' pleasure???? I have heard of that being done.
I think transportation is pretty good, whether it be a huge old ship back in the days, or bumper boats in a theme park. Im a big fan.

Kara_Nari said:
Ribbed for her pleasure? How many of you guys turn it inside out so its ribbed for 'your' pleasure????

The late and much lamented Southern philosopher Lewis Grizzard (may he rest in peace) related a tale, likely apocryphal, of a small town Georgia youth in the 1950s venturing into a drugstore and asking for a "french tickler".

"Son, do you know what that will do to a woman?" asked the druggist.

"No, but it'll make a goat jump six inches straight up in the air," replied the boy.

:blush: ... each to their own :cool:

mikecash said:
The late and much lamented Southern philosopher Lewis Grizzard (may he rest in peace) related a tale, likely apocryphal, of a small town Georgia youth in the 1950s venturing into a drugstore and asking for a "french tickler".

"Son, do you know what that will do to a woman?" asked the druggist.

"No, but it'll make a goat jump six inches straight up in the air," replied the boy.

Six inches ?

That guy wasn't so good, was he ?

You say that like a man who has made goats jump higher in his day.....

You post put me in mind of a song from Lewis Grizzard, with the refrain of "Damn, brother...I don't believe I woulda told that"

This thread has been viewed 43344 times.

Back