Brighton Rocks

well not that lucky ^^"
I know people who are fluent in 4-5 languages (or more) and who are younger than me >_<

daaaaang...... but stilll... to be fluent in at least one is my goal....
i do still have to ask people what certain words say/mean and it really buggs me (i evn ask my younger sister >.<)

errr...well, if you're native you're prolly way better than me when it comes to english, however for your lack of vocabulary, you can still improve by reading more books ^^

well... actually i'm sure you're better than a lot of native born english... lol... in general our english is very poor ^^;
yeah.. i mean, i read more than i used to.... but t's difficult, i'm slow and i don;t know wether i'm reading it right *is dysexic*

hee hee, i'm going to brighton tomorrow to see my brother *dances*

dang >_<
I won't be there before at least the end of july (graduation ceremony if everything goes well)

hee hee, awww well... ganbatte! ^.^

o, it has to be said... we whent to tera a tera (i think that's what it was called), it;s like... this huge famous vegi resteraunt.... and.... migod the food was divine. i don;t think i've ever had such an amazing meal.... the prices are a bit up there, but they're not ripping you off... if anyone gets a chance, they should deffinatly try it out ^.^

Brighton is one of the most attractive English cities. The Royal Pavilion is grandiose, the Regency architecture appealing and the tacky Pier with its amusement park and arcade games unique in its kind. If you go there, just try to avoid Friday and Saturday nights: too noisy with drunk party animals, especially near the Pier.

Maciamo said:
Brighton is one of the most attractive English cities. The Royal Pavilion is grandiose, the Regency architecture appealing and the tacky Pier with its amusement park and arcade games unique in its kind. If you go there, just try to avoid Friday and Saturday nights: too noisy with drunk party animals, especially near the Pier.

Dear maciamo if you don't like "drunk party animals" then you should stay at home after 10PM because it's the same thing every night ^^ (maybe quieter in sunday nights)

smoke said:
For anyone wanting a bit of "London-on-sea" i would recommend Brighton.

Treat it like a major city, ie; there is some povety, some dirty little scroats, graffiti...but something about the place, i don't know what it is...it just has a charm about it.

People hate it, people love it...but in my book, it's bang on.

The main high street is a bit crappy, but The Lanes are fantastic...a nice little italian restaurant that serves a good full englsih breakfast (yeah, go figure!), crazy novelty shops, stylish boutiques, second hand jewellers, a gun shop (yeah, not quite sure about that one either), designer shops, loads of bars and restaurants...

Anyway, that's my 2 cents!

Peace

Sounds interesting... I have to write it on my 'where i wish to go' list!!!! :)

dreamer said:
Dear maciamo if you don't like "drunk party animals" then you should stay at home after 10PM because it's the same thing every night ^^ (maybe quieter in sunday nights)
I think that you should add that that is in the tourism season. last time i went was in February and there were very few 'party animals'...or if they were there, they were pretty good at hiding it!

lol
Brightons got a pretty big student community..... i know for a fact that when my brother was there for his first year he was out every night pretty much, drinking himself silly...
haha, there are some storries that would make you laugh so much...
like, one time he woke up in a field and had no idea how he got there....
and aother time he woke up in FRANCE! :lol:
so..... i think it's pretty accurate.... just mebies not every single night....
but i know my brother was oute at least 3 time a week for a good stretch of time during the term.

um... cos him and his friends drank them selves silly...
brighton's right on the sothern coast of England... France is but a 2 hour drive away ^.^

smoke said:
I think that you should add that that is in the tourism season. last time i went was in February and there were very few 'party animals'...or if they were there, they were pretty good at hiding it!
Well I've been living there from end of august til late february and I'm pretty sure there were lot of students going to nightclubs and getting drunk ^^' :)

Maciamo said:
If you want more information or pictures of Brighton, don't hesitate to check JREF's England Guide for Brighton. :cool:
Hey's that's cool!

One word of advice, avoid the Sea Life Centre...it's dull and expensive.
It's a waste of time and money, even if you like sealife...
The way i see it, you've seen one fish, you've seen 'em all.

I went to Brighton on a college trip and the pier was spectacular, although I restricted myself mostly to the arcade section. Oxford is my kind of town; historical, small and relatively liberal city with a bustling city centre. The Pitt Rivers and the Oxford museum of science are excellent places to spend time in, as well as strolling along the various canals and rivers which make up Oxford. Don't forget to go to the secretive Turf Tavern which is frequented by University of Oxford students.

I love Brighton. It's a beautiful city and it's a shame I've only been there once (I plan to visit it again this summer though lol)

Hey! Brighton is my favourite place in England! You have to go in the middle of the year there, they have a great carnival and if the weather is good everything is better!
I don't know if you saw this, but a great movie with Brighton pictures is Quadrophenia, such as the Carnival in the city the movie has one amazing soundtrack and you should really see if you want to go there!

I visited Brighton once, I didn't like it. Can see why some people DO like it however, but it's just too faux-cultured to me. Seems a bit fake, but that's just me. Lots of people love this place

This thread has been viewed 38259 times.

Back