The Hope

jarvis

Banned
Reaction score
http://christiananswers.net/hope/thehope-full-length.html

I posted this on the japan religious forum..but they told me it can't go there...they said post it on the "members forum" but I can't find anything called the "members forum"...so this looked like a ok place to post it...

now, Im not posting this to get into any big religious war or debate...the reason I posted this ,is so people can get a real,basic, understanding of what the Christain faith is.

like I would'nt mind watching a video on what the shinto religion is...if it just came out and said what it was..

anyway, Im not trying to preach to y'all ..everybody has their own road in life...I just posted this as information...

and hopefully thats cool...

I have looked quickly at this site and it strikes me as a conservative Christian site and, despite how it is dressed up, it is a view of 'Christians are right, everyone else is wrong'. I'm sorry to say that it looks like a site promoting intolerance and some people could take this and its highly dubious bible scholars and preach hatred towards other religions as being untrue and wrong.
A good site for learning about other religions and Christianity is this one www.religioustolerance.org/
I take it Jarvis that you are a Christian and I appauld you for trying to bring this to our attention, and you have posted it in the right place as far as I am concerned. Just be prepared for some outspoken views :wave:

Reactions: Doc
I agree with Mycernius, it's not really information, it's more like propaganda. To get a real basic understanding it's not really necessary to see how Christian fundamentalists interpret everything (eg. old Sumerian flood stories) as confirmation for their Bible. (Or maybe this is the basic understanding of Christianity: centering everything around your point of view?)

jarvis said:
I posted this ,is so people can get a real,basic, understanding of what the Christain faith is.
Which one of the many Christian faiths?

Hi, Jarvis - and welcome to the forum, by the way !

However, having visited the link, I confess that I totally agree with Mycernius and Bossel on this one (I don't always .... !) and would go a little further and be just a little more impertinent, by asking just why you would make this post anyway ?

jarvis said:
...now, Im not posting this to get into any big religious war or debate...the reason I posted this ,is so people can get a real,basic, understanding of what the Christain faith is.

This puzzled me somewhat. Does not the world already understand what the Christian faith is ? Or have you all been doing a rotten job of it for the last 2005 years ?

Forgive me for possibly appearing facetious.

Cordially,

?W????

This thread has been viewed 5325 times.

Back