London 2012

Frank D. White

THE CRAZY OLD GUY !!
Reaction score
Ethnic group
German/French/Scottish
The 2012 Olympics will be held in London , not France!

Frank

:souka:

Damn, Frank was faster than me. :p

This is sure to anger President Chirac, already irritated at Britain of last.

Paris was the favourite all the way, and it comes as a rather good surprise to me that London won the bid.

I thought they could have made a joint Olympics like for the Japan-Korea World Cup, as London and Paris are only 2h30min away from each others by train.

I wanted Paris to win but oh well.....
This last head to head is sure to increase tensions.
Someone said that London and Madrid made a deal that if one of them was eliminated in the first round they would give their full support to the other in the second round.

Wow I'm really surprised. London didn't have as much public support compared to France. France has the transportation infrastructure as well as the public support, I thought for sure Paris would win. Congrats everyone in London (if you supported it).

The joint Olympics idea would be cool. They should do that some year.

Here are the plans of London's Olympic venue. The Olympic Stadium in Stratford is the most futuristic I have seen.

Obvious venues are the new Wembley Stadium for football and Wimbledon for tennis. Most sports venues are around Greenwich though, not Stratford.

I was startled to see that they will hold events at the Horse Guards Parade in Whitehall (between the Prime Minister's residence and St James Palace where Prince Charles lives); and not any sport, beach volley !

That's nice

I saw it on television this morning in the hospital I volunteer at, unfortunately I couldn't tell anyone about it until now...

Well, anyway, It's better for me if its in London, cheaper airline tickets! But my father was really pulling for Paris, though, so he's kind of depressed, but at least he could pull off a good: "At least it's in Europe." speech. :relief:

See you in London in 2012! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! London!!! Making Chriac upset, that's lovely. :) :p

Maciamo said:
Damn, Frank was faster than me. :p

This is sure to anger President Chirac, already irritated at Britain of last.

Paris was the favourite all the way, and it comes as a rather good surprise to me that London won the bid.

I thought they could have made a joint Olympics like for the Japan-Korea World Cup, as London and Paris are only 2h30min away from each others by train.
France and Britain do something together? Look a flying pig!
With two egos the size of Blair and Chirac, not a chance. I really think they do not like each other, on a personal level.

Yeah, i feel bad for their advisors who are prolly tryin to smooth things over with their counterparts :p

that poor frence people... geus they need to eat the bad english food anyway WUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........

when the french learn Bloody english, please let them have it... but when you come to a international city.. the Eifel tower, and they can not even speak english in it... welll mmm i dont like it that much...

however I LOVE PARIS.. AND it is great.. aaah that was such a good place to go down on my knees infront of my girl with 1000000 people around me, and firework after i asked her.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... sorry offtopic.. just makes me happy happy happy

GOD SAVE THE QEEUN...... ( she play sports?)

lonesoullost3 said:
Wow I'm really surprised. London didn't have as much public support compared to France. France has the transportation infrastructure as well as the public support, I thought for sure Paris would win. Congrats everyone in London (if you supported it).
Yeah, congrats for having enough money to bribe the right people!
& congrats for the permission to waste huge amounts of money! :p

GO LONDON, GO LONDON!!! I am glad that London will be the venue!

Congrats London!

Now check to see if France was involved in the subway bombings! :eek:((

Pararousia said:
Congrats London!

Now check to see if France was involved in the subway bombings! :eek:((

Ok, we are selfish non english speakers but not murderers yet... :eek:kashii:

Lacan said:
Ok, we are selfish non english speakers but not murderers yet... :eek:kashii:

Definitely not.

I hardly think the French were responsible for those bombings.

I meant that tongue-in-check, but in light of what happened, it was a very bad joke. I apologize!

I'm very surprised Paris didn't get it, but hey, it should be fun I guess. A lot of improvements need to be made to the practical side of things such as transport, but there's plenty of time.

We still won't win many golds anyway.

This is so cool! I'm glad London is hosting the Olympics in 2012. Something didn't seem right about it being hosted in France. I don't know what, but yeah whatever. No offense to any french members or anything!

france or london.. i think i care that much.. i wont go there i watch it on tv...

just it would be anoying if they would use french all the time... ( for me then.. as i can not talk french anymore)

This thread has been viewed 31745 times.

Back