What is the greatest empire ever existed?

What is the greatest empire that ever existed?

• Ancient Rome

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • Alexander the Great's Empire

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Byzantine Empire

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Ottoman Empire

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Safavid Empire

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Genghis Khan empire

• Mughal Empire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Han China (202 BC to 220AD)

• Ming & Qing China (1368 to 1911)

• Aztec Empire

• Inca Empire

• Holy Roman Empire

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Spanish Empire of 16th to 19th century

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Napoleon's empire

• British empire of 17th to 20th century

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The Third Reich/Nazi Germany

• Imperialist Japan (1940's)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other empire

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
I think it is the greatest, both in extension and population than any other Empire in history.

Hi! Spion, that's absolutelly right: Here is the first empires of whole history 1. British empire 33,6 millions km2 and 458 millions of people under its dominion. 2. Mongol empire 3 millions km2. 3. And finally Russian empire 22,8 millions km2. Best regards.

The Spanish Empire where the sun never set, mainly to include the Americas issue that would change the fate of the civilized world and adapt well to native American Indians to the Western lifestyle which after all is what is prevailing in Currently, ultimately for his great humanitarian work well with indigenous civilization, the contributions in the old continent new products that contributed to European countries they had a happier fate.

Hi! Spion, that's absolutelly right: Here is the first empires of whole history 1. British empire 33,6 millions km2 and 458 millions of people under its dominion. 2. Mongol empire 3 millions km2. 3. And finally Russian empire 22,8 millions km2. Best regards.

You may be right about the greatness in geographical extent of the British Empire.

However you should read this book:

The Evil Empire by Steven A. Grasse
101 Ways that England Ruined The World

The Spanish Empire where the sun never set, mainly to include the Americas issue that would change the fate of the civilized world and adapt well to native American Indians to the Western lifestyle which after all is what is prevailing in Currently, ultimately for his great humanitarian work well with indigenous civilization, the contributions in the old continent new products that contributed to European countries they had a happier fate.

Nope. I wrote the data. When you can change history then we can talk. Sorry.

You may be right about the greatness in geographical extent of the British Empire.

However you should read this book:

The Evil Empire by Steven A. Grasse
101 Ways that England Ruined The World

I agree just I'm talkin' about geographical extent. I believe the most important empire in whole history was roman empire just because its contributions. Best regards.

roman contributions were actually "greek contributions". the greatest empire was the inca. they teach europeans how to cultivate potatoes, this saved europe from hungry in the middle age.

roman contributions were actually "greek contributions". the greatest empire was the inca. they teach europeans how to cultivate potatoes, this saved europe from hungry in the middle age.

The Inca Empire was certainly the greatest pre-contact empire in the Americas, it was quite a bit larger than the Aztec Empire at both of their peaks. And both of those beat anything farther north.

The potato thing was also a great worldwide contribution, although not without its problems.

I still can't make up my mind as to what the greatest empire was. I think that greatness should be defined by wideness and persistence of cultural impact, rather than number of people ruled or amount of land amassed. So, although the Mongol Empire was probably the best military operation of all time, I don't think it was the greatest empire. The British and Spanish empires were greater, to begin with. I would also consider the Roman Empire and the Umayyads. I don't think I would include the Incas myself, because although they were locally great, they were small on a worldwide scale, and their cultural impact was largely displaced by the Spanish.

Of course Camilla is in Spain, that woman so interesting.

imperio-espanol-1640-.png

Do not forget Imbencible Navy, which had not been defeated by the elements had again, Spain changed the world once again.

Too bad, if we had had today's weather service the world would be a different, hence the importance of the Spanish Empire because it managed to sum ​​over what might have been.

The Inca Empire was certainly the greatest pre-contact empire in the Americas, it was quite a bit larger than the Aztec Empire at both of their peaks. And both of those beat anything farther north.

The potato thing was also a great worldwide contribution, although not without its problems.

the american potato save millions of lifes in europe. amerindian teach spaniards how to cultivate it.

I still can't make up my mind as to what the greatest empire was. I think that greatness should be defined by wideness and persistence of cultural impact, rather than number of people ruled or amount of land amassed. So, although the Mongol Empire was probably the best military operation of all time, I don't think it was the greatest empire. The British and Spanish empires were greater, to begin with. I would also consider the Roman Empire and the Umayyads. I don't think I would include the Incas myself, because although they were locally great, they were small on a worldwide scale, and their cultural impact was largely displaced by the Spanish.

a lot of people in peru and other neighbour lands still conservate their inca costumes.

incas_3.jpg

KingofIncasColumn.jpg

the american potato save millions of lifes in europe. amerindian teach spaniards how to cultivate it.

If you want to see well. Anyway who has invented the term Spaniards, Americans have you been?, we are Spanish.

what your name is, it doesn't matter. what is important in the debate is that incas invented how to cultivate the potatoe.

what your name is, it doesn't matter. what is important in the debate is that incas invented how to cultivate the potatoe.

The important thing is that the potatoes are edible and rightly realized the Incas after the Spanish to bring the potato to the Old World and then the rest of the world.

yes, the spanishes only introduced the potatoe in europe before that nobody eated potatoes in europe.

but all this was thanks to the incas, who invented how to cultivate the potateo.

yes, the spanishes only introduced the potatoe in europe before that nobody eated potatoes in europe.

but all this was thanks to the incas, who invented how to cultivate the potateo.

It was fortunate that the Incas realized they were surrounded by potatoes were edible.

peniciline was also a fortunate invention. luck is part of the life.

Well then...
Up to today antibiotics may have saved as many Amerindian lifes as potatoes have saved European lifes. So maybe we should say the USA (due to fortunate Alexander Fleming) and the Incas were the greatest empires? :confused:

potatoes are not the only thing that makes the inca empire the greatest. so no, me reply is no. the usa has made too damage and pain to the world. bye.

I found a computer game you might like, Canek. Expanded Americas, a mod for the computer game Medieval II: Total War that lets you be Amerind empires and expand your empire across the Americas and Europe as well.

Incas in Crete. :LOL:

I guess the Greatest Empire that ever existed was and still is the T.R.O.L.L. Empire.

I don't belong to that, I don't have multiple accounts.
I was just pissed because of the many unfriendly reactions on this forum when I started.

I was just discussing things, and I felt a lot of animosity about that from some members.

I reacted against that, and was punished for it.
Totally ridiculous!

I guess the Greatest Empire that ever existed was and still is the T.R.O.L.L. Empire.

I don't belong to that, I don't have multiple accounts.
I was just pissed because of the many unfriendly reactions on this forum when I started.

I was just discussing things, and I felt a lot of animosity about that from some members.

I reacted against that, and was punished for it.
Totally ridiculous!

Welcome back, Reinaert. Hopefully we can all start getting along.

Judging from your previous posts, you *actually* think that the Mongol Empire was the greatest, though, am I right?

This thread has been viewed 122381 times.

Back