Sex & Gender Age of sexual consent?

What do you think is the ideal age of sexual consent?

Votes: 3 6.1%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 6 12.2%

Votes: 16 32.7%

Votes: 3 6.1%

Votes: 11 22.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
I began a sexual relationship aged 15 and it was a huge mistake.
I was in love with my then girlfriend and she felt the same. We were very careful but after making love around the 20th time the condom split and she fell pregnant. If she was unable to fall pregnant then it would have been fine. STDs were never an issue as we didn't sleep around.

I began a sexual relationship aged 15 and it was a huge mistake.
I was in love with my then girlfriend and she felt the same. We were very careful but after making love around the 20th time the condom split and she fell pregnant. If she was unable to fall pregnant then it would have been fine. STDs were never an issue as we didn't sleep around.

If the condom broke and you were aware of the risk, didn't you go straight to the pharmacy to get a morning-after pill ? I think you have 48h to do that.

I think that it is so individual that an age can really be pinned on it. I do know that it takes longer for boys to mature than girls, but usually around grade ten everyone starts being much more mature than even in grade 9. But its different for everyone. The most mature teen the one who could probably handle it, is the one that has decided to wait because they want it to be with the right person, someone they love, or someone like themselves. But those are few and far between.

I believe it should be 21, there are to many teen pregancies.

Something I learned a long time ago... You can't stop kids from "doing it."

The only way to stop teen pregnancy is to take every girl and put them on some sort of Norplant type birth control. It is too bad that there has never been any sort of male birth control or I'd suggest it for each boy too.

Kids till age of 21 or 25 should be giving anti-libido pills, so they concentrate on education.

Kids till age of 21 or 25 should be giving anti-libido pills, so they concentrate on education.

Maybe the reality in Europe is different, but as an Asian let me tell you that the only reason i study these days IS to get laid. Asian chicks either go for white guys, or smart/rich Asian guys. So if my libido gets suppressed, hell no I'm not gonna study.

Won't work in Asia man.

I'm ok with some exceptions, I've learned that you are special anyway.:grin:

There should be no sexual repression of any group at any age. Supression is why we are so "messed up".
Instead of seriously teaching and nurturing we instill fear in the populace. Sexuality, next to eating, is too
important a human need not to be honored. Religion and politics do us no good, in this regard.

I'd make young people wear metal underwear with a lock to prevent sex till they had a job that would allow support of a child, and finished classes on how to be a good parent. Bet that would make "lock picking" a worldwide hobby, LOL.

Frank

:blush:

Heh, heh! I like your style Frank. It doesn't mater what the law says, girls will be girls after all, and what chance to the boys have?

Looks like an old thread has just been revived.

The age of consent here in Canada used to be 14, but there were too many cases of 14 and 15 year olds being sexually exploited by adults, so the general age of consent was raised to sixteen, but with special "close in age" rules for 14 and 15 year olds. A person isn't breaking the law by having a consensual relationship with a 14 or 15 year old if they're no more than 5 years older than the 14 or 15 year old. So someone who's 18 could have sex with a 14 year old who says yes, but a 20 year old would be breaking the law. The intention was to avoid sexual exploitation of teenagers by adults without criminalizing sexual relationships between teenagers. I think that's a sensible approach.

i lost my virginity at age 15 but imo it was too early

I find it strange that in a country like USA you can drive at 16(Potentially dangerous) and go to war at 17!!! So you can consent to lose limbs and be thrown in a wheelchair for the rest of your life but you can't have sex with someone you like, which except pregnancies and std, is absolutely the most natural thing can happen.

Donwright ludicrous, in Finland it's 16 and i think it's a fair age but 15 would be ok too.

I find it strange that in a country like USA you can drive at 16(Potentially dangerous) and go to war at 17!!! So you can consent to lose limbs and be thrown in a wheelchair for the rest of your life but you can't have sex with someone you like, which except pregnancies and std, is absolutely the most natural thing can happen.

Donwright ludicrous, in Finland it's 16 and i think it's a fair age but 15 would be ok too.

In the USA, it's done state by state, and most states indeed go with 16. California is one of the ones that goes with 18, though, so rail against my state as much as you'd like.

Personally once you start marriage to cut down on the STDS

This thread has been viewed 53789 times.

Back