Questioning Opinions

GoldCoinLover

Bad at japanese
Reaction score
What's my opinion may not be your opinion, etc. It seems everything comes down to opinion, and everyone disagrees with everyone else.

It has caused so many problems in the world, it makes me want people everywhere have the same (good, moral ) opinion.

It's caused wars, etc.

You can be a democrat, a republican, see the glass as half full or half empty ( I remember I took a test , a psychological one, at age 9. How was I supposed to know what this meant at that age? I remember laughing at the question, it was obviously meant for adults, not children. Now, I'm baffled to why the made me took it. The psychiatrist told me "Do the best you can" and it was 'graded.' Ludacris)

And all topics about religion or politcs are locked. Why? Because of opinion.

I like to question basic things like this.

I don't even agree politcally with much of my parents. I'm a complete pacifist, I believe war is needed only in certain circumstances. I definitely oppose the death penalty, in my opinion, a state death is just as bad as whatever the person did. It angers me when I see people do horrible crimes, like murder 20 people, then apologize and mean it sincerly. The victims then speak to the person in court and say:

"I hope you burn in hell, you filthy piece of crap. etc etc".

Then the judge says (This actually happened):
"What you did was a horrendous crime. (I agree). I hope you die in prison here, and then serve another prison term in life here, and be miserable. "

(I think the judge also said to 'go to hell' but I'm not sure.) This was the terrible murder of the guy convincted recently. Don't remember his name

How can be people be like this? In my opinion, it sounds like treating one human being, immorally wrongly, for their actions(Treating them sub-human because of their actions, not of the person who they are, just another human being. Just like anyone else, except who made alot of bad decisions) Perhaps it wasn't the persons fault, they were grown up an abusive family (it happens alot), etc. Of course their actions weren't right, but that was their decision. I don't think it was appropriate for what the people said, or the judge. To me, the death penalty seems as a way to 'get even'. Of course, many people here with disagree (I'm 17, think im liberal, nots ure htough) but that's your opinion.

I don't want to make this an argument thread, but rather a rational conversatoin about opinions, and why people have different ones. (This may seem stupid, etc, but I find it interesting.)

Figures, right after I post this I see there's a sub forum called "Opinions." Should've posted it there. My luck.

next time you realize you've posted in the wrong forum, just send a pm to a moderator asking it to be moved, or "report" your post saying the same thing "wrong forum, please move it to opinions," and an email will be sent to moderators

"I hope you burn in hell, you filthy piece of crap. etc etc".

Then the judge says (This actually happened):
"What you did was a horrendous crime. (I agree). I hope you die in prison here, and then serve another prison term in life here, and be miserable. "

(I think the judge also said to 'go to hell' but I'm not sure.) This was the terrible murder of the guy convincted recently. Don't remember his name

How can be people be like this? In my opinion, it sounds like treating one human being, immorally wrongly, for their actions(Treating them sub-human because of their actions, not of the person who they are, just another human being. Just like anyone else, except who made alot of bad decisions) Perhaps it wasn't the persons fault, they were grown up an abusive family (it happens alot), etc. Of course their actions weren't right, but that was their decision. I don't think it was appropriate for what the people said, or the judge. To me, the death penalty seems as a way to 'get even'. Of course, many people here with disagree (I'm 17, think im liberal, nots ure htough) but that's your opinion.
I agree it is immoral for the judge or the victims to slander and pass judgment on the accused without considering his environment or background and the likelihood that he was just as much a victim of crime and abuse as they are.
But I think too that growing up in a dysfunctional and abusive family is the reason many prosecutors and judges get into the criminal justice system. So in answer to your question about where opinions are born, I'd say mostly from personal experiences and get hardened over time in nasty confrontations with people who have had different or opposite experiences. I prefer to look at things more on a case by case basis with a generally liberal outlook, so may not be the best person to be answering this. That doesn't mean it isn't an interesting question, of course...no matter what you say or anyone thinks. :relief:

This thread has been viewed 5974 times.

Back