Abortion Rights for underage girls

mikecash said:
Leaving aside cases of rape.....
They engaged in reproductive activity. Reproduction resulted. They choose to call a mulligan. The reasons are irrelevant to the fact that it is after-the-fact birth control.
I understand what you mean, but I don't agree. I don't think sex is just for reproduction, and accidents can happen. If people are in a situation where they can bring up a child then they should make that effort. But some people have good reasons to believe that they could not support a child, and I don't think that's birth control. Do you think people who don't want a child should abstain?

I agree with Mike about this.

As regards the issue that the topic was originally about: no, I don't think underage girls should be allowed to have access to abortion without one of their parents or guardians being informed/involved.

It is a medical procedure, and as such carries risks to her physical health, and also to her mental health and emotions, because of the circumstances which are much more emotionally charged than those surrounding other medical procedures.

You aren't even allowed to get your belly-button pierced without parental/guardian consent if you're under 16, and yet you're allowed to have the child dragged out of your womb? That doesn't make any sense to me. You're not even allowed to drink alcohol in a pub until you're 18, supposedly.

Naturally, there are some circumstances where a girl's parents don't want what is best for her; families where the parents are cruel, unfeeling or abusive. But these parents, as well as being the minority, obviously have problems which mean that the whole circumstances need to be investigated; their children will already be suffering because of their situation and it's not possible to say that either choice 'abortion' or 'no abortion' would do anything to alleviate this.

If the girl's health is at risk because of the pregnancy, then of course an abortion should be performed.

abortion in kansas

A female's right to choose in Kansas might shortly be blown away like dust in the wind. As reported by the Associated Press, Kansas state legislators unanimously approved new abortion regulations that might squash providers in the state out of business. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment can begin implementing the new regulations as early as Friday. I found this here: New Kansas abortion rules will usurp the right to choose

This thread has been viewed 26695 times.

Back