Hitler goes to Israel!

mad pierrot

I jump to conclusions
Reaction score
In light of all the debate going on about the reaction to the cartoons of Mohammad, I found this interesting. "Springtime for Hitler" just began showing in Tel Aviv. Not only that, but....

It's doing well.

This should be telling something to the people prostesting the cartoons. If a musical comedy involving the man who was responsible for the Holocaust can play and even do well in a Jewish nation, they should be rethinking their attitude about what the cartoons represented. (I.E., NOT an attack on Islam...)

Check the link out here: http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/31/theater.hitlerinisrael.ap/

If anything, maybe something good can come out of this. Perhaps some of the more radical people will be able to gain a deeper understanding of exactly what "free press" means.
Thoughts? Has anyone here seen Springtime for Hitler? I heard it was pretty funny, but I'm already a Mel Brooks fan.

I did read about that in the newspaper this morning. It's a comedy more than anything, and perhaps that's why it's going over well--that plus the passage of time.

It may help lessen the burden that 'freedom of expression/speech' is being ladened down with thesedays.

Funny. I always thought it was called "The Producers."

I've seen major portions of the original. Nobody replaces Gene Wilder.

Yep!

That's actually the name of the show. "Springtime for Hitler" is just the name of a musical number in it.

This thread has been viewed 7482 times.

Back