Politics United States of Europe

nurizeko said:
The fact your german and im british for a start.
Yep, quite an artificial distinction.

Bossel, honestly, im saddened, you havnt made a serious attempt at all, just omni-slashing empty drivel.
Yep, you got the point: The response showed that your own points can be used just as well against you.

I know your better then that, try harder.
Nope, nationalism is not worth the effort.

In the competitive world that we leave in, a EU is unavoidable.
From the past we have learned that strength is achieved through unity, from few people in caves, to villages, from city to nations.
Any European country that doesn't join the EU is destined to be economically squashed by today economic powers.
Although i must say that if the decision was up to me i would leave Britain out of the EU, i am really sick about their snobbish arrogant attitude towards Europe.
I would have Britain join the USA (officially), there shouldn't be any objection there, the language is the same, and Britain seems already quite happy to do all that George Bush ask them to do.
And for the fact that maybe the country could survive on its own, forget it colonial times are finished, Britain needs economical allies, and every “true British nationalist” should understand this unless of course it is a Friday after 5pm :gulp:

I'm glad that Europe put together the European Union. Everybody needs to join it. They already created the national currency. It's like a new country is being born. I guess that's why I'm so interested in Europe at the moment?

Mmm, I don't think the EU needs one official language. I studied german in school last year(failed it due to the fact that I was lazy). I loved the language though. It's very interesting, and once I get some money I will probably take courses of German at a community college. That'll be lots of fun. Then I can start french after that, and if I do well with those two then I can take swedish too. Europe is an amazing place.

I hope this wasn't too much of a rant.

Thor said:
Mmm, I don't think the EU needs one official language.
Well, it does have the need. All those translation services needed at the moment are just a waste of money. They should agree on English as working language, which would simplify translation business significantly.

Elizabeth van Kampen said:
Dutch and Flemish are Germanic languages, but not dialects from Germany.
moffeltoff said:
I absolutly don?t agree there are much more people in the EU who speak german or a dialekt like dutch ,which is closely realtrd to german.
Actually, Dutch, Flemish & German are all German dialects, or to be more precise: part of the continental West Germanic dialect continuum. The differentiation is only gradually from the North Sea coast to South Tyrol.

bossel said:
Well, it does have the need. All those translation services needed at the moment are just a waste of money. They should agree on English as working language, which would simplify translation business significantly.
Actually, Dutch, Flemish & German are all German dialects, or to be more precise: part of the continental West Germanic dialect continuum. The differentiation is only gradually from the North Sea coast to South Tyrol.
Oversimplifying things can be a bad thing sometimes. Everything is dumbed down in the US. It's nice for some things to not be simple.

Maciamo said:
Belgian PM Guy Verhofstadt recently has published a book called "The United States of Europe", in which he explains how the some EU-member states could go ahead to form a federal European state, while other members state could join later. This principle of two-speed Europe is not new, but the fact that it receives such a strong support from an EU founding country's head of state shows that it is not just empty talks.

Their is a treachery going on that Lisbon Treaty alleged Preamble of puppetries. How well The European Citizenries had been warn and must be very very vigilant on this deal from the beginning.

If The United States of Europe will be imposed since its possible occurrence has been an overnight overwhelming political saga. United State of Europe is just equivalent to A Third World Republic.

Actually their is no reason why USA will be opposing..because it gives them more advantage to regulate Europe as The way Mexico,Cuba,Argentina, Valenzuela has been degraded..deprive by its sovereignty legal and absolute power to governed their own nations. USA Puppeteering enable for their politician to manuever economically in the disavantage of Europeans in Global economy and Political arena.

This republic Lisbon Treaty will just worsened economic downturning...Cause it cannot used its sovereignty collateral for her capital to power up.. to achieved that economic stability..

The Lisbon Treaty has no valid State Wills and Statute to affirmed a legal rule of Law...except for its political Republic of a third world.

Last edited:
To be honest..I still believed in Absolute Monarchy that grant a parliament of Democracy out of peaceful resolution ...by Deed of State Wills..with The valid Sovereignty..that has been duly acknowledge by UN Tribunal Court of Appeal in The Name of International Law of Treaties. FREE EUROPA AND LET HER RULE IN PEACE AND IN UTMOST SINCERITY. ITS EVERYONE RIGHT TO CONDEMN POLITICAL PERJURY THROUGH THIS LISBON TREATY OUT THE PREAMBLE OF PUPPETRIES... PLEASE>>>

Monarchy? Good God no! That path leads to no end of trouble, The sooner the UK gets rid of the Windsors the better. The ONLY thing that can be said of them is that they prevented the dreadful Cherie Blair from getting away with her claim to be First Lady, a thing she tried and was slapped down on.

I don't think it's too much to ask, to expect the European Union to demonstrate beyond doubt its benefits, efficiencies and overall effectiveness before a discussion legitimately takes place on even further centralisation of responsibility.

Eurozone 'agrees in principle' on policy co-ordination

Belgian PM Guy Verhofstadt recently has published a book called "The United States of Europe", in which he explains how the some EU-member states could go ahead to form a federal European state, while other members state could join later. This principle of two-speed Europe is not new, but the fact that it receives such a strong support from an EU founding country's head of state shows that it is not just empty talks.

EU leader are in a round about way progessively moving toward a Federal Europe, I guess 'a question of how many economic crisis we have to go through before full political and economic intergration?

BBC news article on EU reforms.

I sincerely hope that French and German will stay, but I am also for Italian and Spanish. I guess that learning Spanish at school will become a must because of the countries in South America, but also in the USA 50% of the people speak Spanish. For us in Europe it would be sad if Frech and German will become lost languages.
Don't you agree?

Not to jump all over one's post, but I strongly recommend that you check that percentage. The percentage of people who speak Spanish in the US is considerably less than 50%. I myself can, but I can assure you that I am in the minority in that case and in a tiny minority for a person of non-Hispanic or not of Spanish descent.

A US of E won't work since it does not possess an atom of military power compared to the USA, Russia,China, India et alia.

A US of E won't work since it does not possess an atom of military power compared to the USA, Russia,China, India et alia.

A federal republic [if we call it as such] can only work with a powerful army? :confused:
We were not talking about a super-power, it was only about a united states.

A federal republic [if we call it as such] can only work with a powerful army? :confused:

If a future US of E depends mostly on American military might how exactly is it a strong sovereign state?
:unsure:

Federal republic? The EU unaccountable bureaucrats are not interested in American style state rights.

Haha.. The US of E will never happen.
Look at my country, The Netherlands.
Devided politically more than ever.

But in one subject we Dutch all agree, we want LESS EUROPE.
The Dutch governments over the last 60 years always wanted to be the best boy in the EU and NATO classroom. It did bring us nothing, and only did cost us a huge amount of assets. We Dutch feel we were abused for at least 60 years.
By our government, the Royal Family of Thieves, the CIA, Bilderberg, and all the rest, including the mafia.

If a future US of E depends mostly on American military might how exactly is it a strong sovereign state?
:unsure:

Federal republic? The EU unaccountable bureaucrats are not interested in American style state rights.

It is not that I want to promote the US of E. It is just that if we are bringing arguments against it, they have to be reasonable, and not laughable. The only two arguments I've ever heared from Britain were:

1. We never had a time in history in which the countries of continental Europe have been non-agressive and non-expansive (while Britain has). So there is no reason to assume this will change. Because it has always been like that, the EU can't and won't work! Fullstop!

2. And even if number 1 would be wrong, than it is because due to change after WWII the countries of continental Europe won't be mentally able to defend themselves anymore with weapons. If in the unlike situation it will happen that economy will flourish, another nation like Russia or India will immediatly attack the EU.

So with number 1 and 2 combined, the only rational solution are disarmed, political mute and economic strong countries under Anglican observation and military protection. Forever.

Apart from the Germans and possibly the Spanish who have cojones, western Europeans are laughably bad at waging modern war, eg French, Dutch, Belgians, Italians etc.

It is not that I want to promote the US of E. It is just that if we are bringing arguments against it, they have to be reasonable, and not laughable. The only two arguments I've ever heared from Britain were:

1. We never had a time in history in which the countries of continental Europe have been non-agressive and non-expansive (while Britain has). So there is no reason to assume this will change. Because it has always been like that, the EU can't and won't work! Fullstop!

2. And even if number 1 would be wrong, than it is because due to change after WWII the countries of continental Europe won't be mentally able to defend themselves anymore with weapons. If in the unlike situation it will happen that economy will flourish, another nation like Russia or India will immediatly attack the EU.

So with number 1 and 2 combined, the only rational solution are disarmed, political mute and economic strong countries under Anglican observation and military protection. Forever.

Rule, Britannia.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Haha..
This is ridiculous. Britain has seen many bloody scenes on their own islands.
Britain waged wars in France. Britain was always busy to interfere in the continent of Europe, and so made wars even worse then they were already.

I can't believe Mzungu mchagga means what he says. And Vallicanus either.

They must have a sarcastic day.

Or truly are CIA or MI5 agents. And trolls.

And to Regulus. Britannia doesn't rule anything anymore.

The UK lost the connection with the Euro zone when they refused to introduce the Euro in Great Britain.
The EU is busy to develop a super economy in a very short time. We have lots of opportunities, the only thing is, we don't need the USA and the UK anymore.

And they know that. That's why they are constantly using dirty tricks.

Europe has an interest in Asia, just because we are are part of the Eurasia continent.
Wars are from the past. Economy is the future.
The Chinese already knew that, and are busy to buy the USA.
Who would have thought of that, 50 years ago?

Capitalism has been digging it's own grave for far too long.
Rest in peace.

Mzungu mchagga
Europe is becoming stronger and the united states of Europe are only a matter of time.

And I agree with you that this is not an topic about the army, but if someone wants to talk about it can be seen that Europe is militarily strong, the only thing to see does not want it to show.

I think it's vital Europe regulate federal institutions and mechanisms that will allow access to the end of the current economic downturn and catching a strong impetus to the economy and how I'm reading it is seriously working on it so I am convinced that after the crisis of Europe would be energetic and institutionally set up to new round of development.

This thread has been viewed 56626 times.

Back