Politics United States of Europe

Too many wannabe American British on this forum and in general, IMO I'm all for a United Europe.

:box: Don't you even dare insult us wannabe Brits! I have English ancestry, and if I wish to be a wannabe British person, I may! :box:

Too many wannabe American British on this forum and in general, IMO I'm all for a United Europe.

United Europe is the best option. A lot of different options competing with each other (small countries with different interests, sometimes one country against another country) only reduces the competitiveness and strength of Europe global. Ex Yugoslavia is good example and had many advantages over the current small states, which are small economies, small markets, with a large bureaucratic apparatus, non-competitive, uninteresting for investors, etc.

"You cannot run a monetary union with the likes of Mr Sócrates, or with finance ministers who spread rumours about a break-up. Europe’s political elites are afraid to tell a truth that economic historians have known forever: that a monetary union without a political union is simply not viable. This is not a debt crisis. This is a political crisis. The eurozone will soon face the choice between an unimaginable step forward to political union or an equally unimaginable step back. We know Mr Schäuble has contemplated, and rejected, the latter. We also know that he prefers the former. It is time to say so."
read article

Even if I'm late, 100% agree. You just wrote 2 years ago what I wanted to say now. This EU is a disaster, but this doesn't mean that it should be the end of the European political project, because now the EU lacks of politics. Governments want to follow euro-sceptic feelings to get some votes, destroying a great inheritance. Make European citizens and then make Europe.

This is great idea. But before that there are some more countries like Turkey, Serbia, Israel, Georgia, Azerbaijan that should join to the EU otherwise the mentioned United States of Europe will lack power. With its well established organizations and powerpul ecomomy today EU is candidate to be rival for the US, Japan and China but there are some more futher steps before reaching to that point.

http://irglobal.blogspot.com/

This is great idea. But before that there are some more countries like Turkey, Serbia, Israel, Georgia, Azerbaijan that should join to the EU otherwise the mentioned United States of Europe will lack power. With its well established organizations and powerpul ecomomy today EU is candidate to be rival for the US, Japan and China but there are some more futher steps before reaching to that point.

http://irglobal.blogspot.com/

Yes, that makes lot of sense to flood Europe with Asian immigrants.
Do you want to start a world war or something?

A political union is the only step forward, if Europe is to count on world level. We see the US dollar going down the drain, due to its' economic and social policy, and if you don't want the yuan as the next world currency, Europe should reinforce it's common currency, level its' fiscal policy, introduce a common language and so on.

But for that, the europeans should put aside their national narrow viewpoints and see the advantages of it. Instead of that, we see more and more segregation movements and tendencies, wrong steps in dealing with crises, and critics all around.

. We see the US dollar going down the drain, due to its' economic and social policy,
You said it half a century too soon. US economy is still the strongest in the world and dollar is going up, despite of new few trillion dollars in circulation since the recession.

Here is nice visualization how vital fiscal union is for Euro.

You said it half a century too soon. US economy is still the strongest in the world and dollar is going up, despite of new few trillion dollars in circulation since the recession.

Here is nice visualization how vital fiscal union is for Euro.

US economy is lacking infrastructure to sustain it and when I say infrastructure I am referring to the US lame electrical current transportation network and to the lame US railways.
I do not think US economy is strongest in the world,the human capital is not well preserved,people are usually put to work too much and given too few vacation which makes them less creative and less efficient.

A political union is the only step forward, if Europe is to count on world level. We see the US dollar going down the drain, due to its' economic and social policy, and if you don't want the yuan as the next world currency, Europe should reinforce it's common currency, level its' fiscal policy, introduce a common language and so on.

But for that, the europeans should put aside their national narrow viewpoints and see the advantages of it. Instead of that, we see more and more segregation movements and tendencies, wrong steps in dealing with crises, and critics all around.

EU started as a coaltion for coal and steel, then became a community, then a union,

but Fiscal union puts a bomb in a basic arguement from the times of coaltiton,
the self command and autonomy of each state,
and a second is cases like LuxLeaks, taxation of BIG CORPORATIONS, which can gather rich in certain areas,

Europe is facing the 'ghost' of a possibly future creation.

the difference among Old and new world is that in Europe we are Europeans cause we are Deutsch Italians Polish Portoguese,
in USA except Dixiland (South) they are all primary USAers and then Californians or NYers etc

and that is a big problem, cause, for example, a Dutch policy for a subject lets say enviroment, can be hazzardous for an Austrian, or the policy of Italy for immigrations can hazzard Poland (I repeat as an example)

a Good example is the Cypriot sea and gass and oil deposits,
EU has not a policy, leaving Cyprus to make a stronger alliance with Israel and Egypt which are away from EU, and did not protect Cyprus inclusive zone from Turkey's searches,
in USA something like that would be an act of war. for example china to search the Alaska exclusive interest zone.

EU is about to collapse, or to overpass, her self, this decade is critical,

I would sooner poke my own eye balls out with a red hot poker than have the UK join a united States of Europe.The mere thought makes me cringe,as for that idiot Verhofstadt I just want Nigel Farage to lose it one day n just snap his neck.Britain benefits in NO way shape or form by being in the EU

The EU is already an international power that does so. It is currently the world's largest economy.
No 2 countries within the farse called the EU have large economies ,every other country is broke and we're paying for them .Get us out roll on 20q7 or maybe before

Good morning Maciamo,

That is a very good article from Guy Verhofstadt! Slowly but surely we have to become a United States of Europe.

Speeking for myself, I feel very European. Maybe because I come from such a small country?!
But there is only one thing that trouble me a little. The language will be English, in the future you will get a sort of European English.
I sincerely hope that French and German will stay, but I am also for Italian and Spanish. I guess that learning Spanish at school will become a must because of the countries in South America, but also in the USA 50% of the people speak Spanish. For us in Europe it would be sad if Frech and German will become lost languages.
Don't you agree?
No could not careless seems ironic really .You all will speak English and we won't be in the EU soon hahaha

This thread has been viewed 56615 times.

Back