Question What does style of dress say about a person?

I understand your points lastmagi about how some kids dress when it comes to over-sized T-shirts and low ride khakis. Personally when I see some guy dressed like this, I don't find it the least bit attractive. I had guys approach dressed like a "thug" and I hated it, because it's not a good way to present yourself. That's how I feel, so you could say that I also have a prejudice. :(

I sometimes find it quietly amusing to myself to deliberately dress in different ways and observe how people's reactions to me vary.

Ah well... little things please little minds I guess. :bluush:

But seriously - it is kinda interesting.

lastmagi said:
In actuality, though, I pretty much don't give much thought to what I wear anymore. Must be because I have a girlfriend now, who doesn't care either :p
I didn't pay a lot of attention to my appearance since getting married. But then I turned 30 and now I feel self-conscious about it again. I have to attract attention away from my wrinkle :(

I might notice if a woman is wearing a very attractive outfit, and that could be a bit longer than knee length skirt, with a classy top. Otherwise, I generally don't take notice of how people dress, except were I to see some guys that looked like trouble walking down the street towards me.

It's not good to sag your pants. Some people think it's cool, but it's not. It originated from prison. They would sag their pants to show that they want to umm....well you know....

So don't sag!!

I had a meeting today at work. This morning I suddenly noticed a top I hadn't worn for ages, and on the spur of the moment I put on a REALLY bright outfit - blue and black stripy tights, a patterned dress that burns holes in the walls, hot pink top, my 'anti-goth cardigan'... I normally wear black or red (or occasionally purple) and it was quite amaaaazing the number of comments I got! :souka:

I like to do that sort of thing occasionally, change things around and keep people guessing, because often people do judge other people by their clothes and it never hurts to keep 'em on their toes! :evil:

And besides, it's cheerful. :)

The pink top... hehe... I bought it one ill-fated day when I had the thought, "hey! don't stay in the same rut! why not buy an item of clothing that you wouldn't normally think of getting!"... that's the time when you realise why you never normally buy those things... :giggle:

Kinsao said:
"hey! don't stay in the same rut! why not buy an item of clothing that you wouldn't normally think of getting!"
Should I go out and buy a business suit? Nah. :p I'm more likely to go naked :D

Here is my usual style of dress (not a great pic I know). What preconceptions would you have about me? (be kind!)

Tsuyoiko, You dress like my friend Monika. She is a sort of modern hippy-chick type of girl, but I'm not sure if this applies to you

I think I will find it hard for me to get a nice job with my style of dressing, unless I dress casually. I think it is crap that I might have to do that.

People tend to base other people on appearance, but thats what the middle finger is for.

I wear a raggy old leather jacket, my pimp sunglasses and worn out baggy jeans, and usually a t-shirt thats highly offensive. (see www.tshirthell.com )

The only people that usually see me in a positive light is thugs, gangstas and stoners, everyone else gives me the snoody look.

There comes in a point in the life of a man of a certain age - you want to graduate from wearing trainers all the time into something perhaps a little smarter. There is always one crucial caveat - you do not want to look like your dad! Luckily, there are a few shoe brands out there that will enable you to complete this transition in style.

Frankly, I prefer the nude lifestyle unless it is too cold. Clothing should be clean and neat. I have finally thrown my tuxedo away, I only used it onstage and, since I'm no longer a singer, bye-bye tux. Extremely casual is an accurate description of
my current wardrobe.

This thread has been viewed 32306 times.

Back