Politics Should Turkey Join The EU?

I think Turkey should NOT join EU.
I dont view them as European completely. Their culture and politics are different as well.

cyprus-europe.gif

The guys who insist of geographical rules, you are just funny. :LOL:

Turkey doesn't need EU! They are too strong, and their economy doesn't need additional expenditure for bancrupted countries of EU

I don't want Turkey in the EU. I don't want to pay for their bankruptcy in the next 10 - 20 years.

Turkey is more and more becoming a fascist country. That is why.
Yes, Turkey it's declining in democratic terms, but there are other countries within the EU, which having democratic problems: Hungary and recently Poland. Not mentioning the Greece

Yes, Turkey it's declining in democratic terms, but there are other countries within the EU, which having democratic problems: Hungary and recently Poland. Not mentioning the Greece

the situation of human rights in Turkey is not comparable to those of Greece, Hungary or Poland
I don't trust Erdogan. He is a big hero in Turkey now but IMO he'll lead Turkey into bankruptcy within 10-20 years.

hell, no.

turkey is not a european country. it is part of middle-east.

Seeing how Europe has been accepting north Africans, Africans, middle easterners, south Asians, Jamaicans in the last 100 years, it's not a matter of if but when Turkey will become part of EU.

==

Belarusians have been Christian and part of Europe since the beginning. It doesn't look as we will ever join the European Union. Many people are disgusted that we're not part of European community politically and economically. We have cultural, linguistic, genetic, historic ties with Europeans. Good luck to Turkey.

Seeing how Europe has been accepting north Africans, Africans, middle easterners, south Asians, Jamaicans in the last 100 years, it's not a matter of if but when Turkey will become part of EU.

==

Belarusians have been Christian and part of Europe since the beginning. It doesn't look as we will ever join the European Union. Many people are disgusted that we're not part of European community politically and economically. We have cultural, linguistic, genetic, historic ties with Europeans. Good luck to Turkey.
What about the democratic ties!

Tolerance on behalf of German politicians. One pic. I'm just going to leave it here.

i.imgbox.com/5jg8ZaYA.jpg

No, it shouldn't join the European Union. It would be a catastrophe! An emerging economy with 80 million inhabitants of which a big part is willing to seek for better opportunities in Europe. If 500.000 muslim refugees are that big of a deal, imagine 10.000.000 turks, Europeans would desesperatily start voting extreme-right parties and it would trigger several conflicts across the continent. I don't see Turkey joining, I think they are just putting pressure to get money from European authorities.

Last edited:
No

Turkey does not follow any more a ...................Secular government system with Gender equality policies.

No, it shouldn't join the European Union. It would be a catastrophe! An emerging economy with 80 million inhabitants of which a big part is willing to seek for better opportunities in Europe. If 500.000 muslim refugees are that big of a deal, imagine 10.000.000 turks, Europeans would desesperatily start voting extreme-right parties and it would trigger several conflicts across the continent. I don't see Turkey joining, I think they are just putting pressure to get money from European authorities.
Turkey has no intention to join EU.
You are right, Erdogan is just blackmailing EU .

No

Turkey does not follow any more a ...................Secular government system with Gender equality policies.
Turkey will never join EU, unless there would be a very reasonable geo strategic argument on the future.
The liberal democratic standards in Turkey declined the last couple years

Turkey has no intention to join EU.
You are right, Erdogan is just blackmailing EU .
IMO, they are blackmailing Europe for 2 reasons: 1) money 2) to scare Europeans, which would eventually result in extreme-right and Eurosceptic parties rising and taking power, which would lead to European desintegration. Thus, Turkey could fufill its expansionist desires and regain the Balkans, riviving the Ottoman Empire. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's pretty possible as you can see in recent events and measures the president is taking.

IMO, they are blackmailing Europe for 2 reasons: 1) money 2) to scare Europeans, which would eventually result in extreme-right and Eurosceptic parties rising and taking power, which would lead to European desintegration. Thus, Turkey could fufill its expansionist desires and regain the Balkans, riviving the Ottoman Empire. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's pretty possible as you can see in recent events and measures the president is taking.
The second reason you had drawn it's a bit difficult. How Turkey may revive the ottoman empire as long as it shares the borders will Bulgaria and Greece. Do you think Turkey would start a war against them? I don't think so. Turkey has not the power to gain anything in Balkans.

This thread has been viewed 231802 times.

Back