I am making a new language based on chinese characters!

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes , this makes it easy to speak basic chinese and less characters

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, this is a good idea because chinese is way to hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I am definitly learnning this language!

• Yes, probably it will be a good idea

• I dont know

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, who recognizes your language!

• No, who will actualy even speak this crap?

• No, I like the challenge of learnning chinese

• No, just...No....

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, THIS IS A VERY STUPID IDEA!

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

justin9213

Reaction score
I am making a new language based on chinese characters!

Good News:
------------------------------------------------------------
The language is not TONAL!
------------------------------------------------------------
Dictionarys are from basic to complex for example:
Water Earth

water + road = river Earth + deep + road = canyon

water + deep + large = Ocean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are no Traditional or simplifed ,because I am using simplified chinese characters,also I am simplifing it myself
the language is easyier to learn than chinese
if you speak this language to a chinese person, they will understand basic words your saying
I am not using alot of characters, only probably 100 or so

Bad News:
I dont have a name for the language

I will post some more info on learning it soon, please if this do not belong here then move it ,

thanks in advance

the only bad news is you haven't named it? What is the reasoning behind creating this new language? What is the perceived benefit?

it is easy to learn plus you can talk to chinese people, here are some reasons I am making this language.

1)The language is not TONAL!
2)Dictionarys are from basic to complex , not scattered
3) only one set of characters
4)I am not using alot of characters, only probably 100 or so
5)this makes it easy to speak basic chinese and less characters

by making a new language, how do you expect to be able to communicate with Chinese people? Even people who speak different dialects of Chinese can't verbally communicate with each other; they have to communicate through writing because the vocabulary is the same but the pronunciation is very different. You're talking about changing the way words are created with kanji, which means you wouldn't even be able to communicate via writing. Furthermore, how do you expect to talk to Chinese people if you don't understand Chinese, even if what you say to them might be somewhat intelligible?

1)Trying to get around the difficulties of a tonal language only ensures that you will not be understood by those who speak it.
2)kanji dictionaries are based on the characters themselves; they are not scattered.
3)there already is one set of characters. Depending on where you are either simplified or traditional will be the norm
4)How do you expect to create a language using 100 characters? you can only contrive so many meanings from so many combinations until it takes you a full minute to say a single word.
5)If you are changing the way it's spoken and the way the vocabulary is made, it is no longer anything close to Chinese

It seems that you are trying to take the easiest aspects of different languages and combine them into a single one. This simply will not work. If you are an aspiring linguist and want to try to make an Esperanto for Asia, more power to you; but from what you've described, this language would be easy to learn, and completely useless thereafter.

Stuff thats done!

*Numbers
*Page 1
*page 2
Next : Page 3: Particles

Last edited:
justin9213 said:
it is easy to learn plus you can talk to chinese people,
Looking at your examples: What makes you think that would enable you to communicate with Chinese?

How come your pronunciation of the numbers changes between Japanese and Chinese? Im sure that if I went into a shop and asked for 'ni' of anything they would think I was a bit strange?
As for the no tones thing... and only 100 characters, I think that you would be lucky to find a chinese baby to converse with you.
.... However, good luck, and I hope that you can do it successfully. Will you be making a dictionary also?

Kara_Nari said:
How come your pronunciation of the numbers changes between Japanese and Chinese? Im sure that if I went into a shop and asked for 'ni' of anything they would think I was a bit strange?
As for the no tones thing... and only 100 characters, I think that you would be lucky to find a chinese baby to converse with you.
.... However, good luck, and I hope that you can do it successfully. Will you be making a dictionary also?

since the speak is from chinese symbols, you will only be able to write to them , not speak

are you saying this will not be a spoken language? why have a pronunciation guide at all then?

Why would this be easier to learn than Chinese? Will it follow Chinese, Japanese, English or another grammar rules? Will it be written horizontally or vertically, if so left to right or right to left? Seeing that any language comprises of thousands of words (english with the most) how do you render it all into 100 characters? And then there is the problem of sceintific terms and names. How exactly would you write Acetone, Cloroform, Quantum, Electron, etc?

Kinsao said:
It sounds a bit like an East Asian language based version of Esperanto. :souka:
Let'S hope this new language can be as successul as Esperanto has become! Although one potential obstacle is whether actual Chinese speakers will bother to learn another language made specifically for non-Chinese speakers. Another potential stumbling block is whether anyone else will want to take the effort to learn a language which has a speaking population of close to zero.

as hard as it is to learn Chinese, I suspect it's easier than creating a whole new language and getting 2 billion people to learn it for you. good luck!

Good thinking, you should learn Chinese, and then you might be able to come up with some wise words for those wishing to go to China... and not speak (ahem..) and draw characters... for communication.
However, it would still be an interesting experience for you to go to China and test out your language... let us know how it works out.

This thread has been viewed 14919 times.

Back