The Saddam trial: How will it turn out?

Mitsuo

The Great
Reaction score
I sure hope he gets what he deserves. He still thinks that he has control of Iraq. Although, Im sure there are many of them that would still follow him through out his sentence.

How do you think the trial will turn out?

You know, in all honesty I don't even care anymore. The Bush Administration seems to have forgotten about Saddam Hussein. And to be quite honest, I'm beginning to think that the Administration has made Saddam out to be worst than what he is. Our actions of ivading Iraq has basically outweighed what Saddam has done.

But as far as the trial goes, I don't know what's going to happen.:?

He will.....

break out of their crappy prison, recover millions he buried away some where , and go live with Bin Laden. They will both outlive Bush and attend Bush's funeral in drag, laughing hysterically!

Frank

:blush:

To me this war in Iraq (and of course in Afghanistan as well) is a nightmare. Where will it end? And what will the world do when Bush will attack Iran?

Ma Cherie said:
You know, in all honesty I don't even care anymore. The Bush Administration seems to have forgotten about Saddam Hussein. And to be quite honest, I'm beginning to think that the Administration has made Saddam out to be worst than what he is. Our actions of ivading Iraq has basically outweighed what Saddam has done.
But as far as the trial goes, I don't know what's going to happen.:?

I agree, although he wasn't exactly a great guy, Bush has practically destroyed iraq and killed thousands of people...

Elizabeth van Kampen said:
To me this war in Iraq (and of course in Afghanistan as well) is a nightmare. Where will it end? And what will the world do when Bush will attack Iran?

Have you seen the program on NL 3 last night? about it is more worse than Vietnam, because now America can't leave with their tale between their legs, if they do a civil war will start, and that will go to the countries in the region, bye bye oil!

and also, they might attack Iran soon, which is even more stupid... VERY COOL BUSH is this a record? 3 wars at the same time? sadness is falling over me, knowing this people are living in this world... Bush- Saddam.... Bush should be arrested for committing international crimes against humanity.

I can?ft understand this world, and I think I am going to stop with trying to understand it. but yeah. Evil is not what people do, but what people don?ft do.

Maybe We World citizen should write open letters to America, so that they can take over the Bush administration, because one thing is sure. When we go into war with Iran, the world will **** up, yes even more!

Another thing is the C.I.A. flights in Europe. But sorry I am going off topic. Bush and Saddam are not that different from each other.

*Saddam will go to jail for 30 years, and in that 30 years he will kill himself, escape, or be killed.

Hi Dutch Baka, Yes I saw the program last night,you mentioned. Iraq is far worse than Vietnam, because in Vietnam at least the American soldiers could go home but not so now, they have to stay in Iraq. Today many Americans are against the war in Iraq, but it is too late.

And then ther still the biggest problem of the Middle East, Israel and Palestina and now maybe Iran as well.

What do you mean people in Vietnam could go home? Once they were there, they stayed there until their unit was relieved of duty. If they do leave it's called desertion. If a soldier does that, he will be prosecuted and killed for treason.

Never mind, I know what you're saying. Yeah, if we go home now, it will leave Iraq in a civil war. To me, it's already at that point. But we are just helping out the non-insurgency. If that makes sense. lol

But to be serious about Saddam. I think the trial will last for awhile. He will be imprisoned and then have more trials. Which then he will be found guilty, and sentenced to life in prison or death. In the mean while. There will be more terrorist attacks around the world, in the intentions of demanding the release of Saddam. Messed up World.

Yeah, saddam seems to pale in comparrison to the "freedom" america gave iraq, the freedom to be causing deaths of innocent folk, exciting civil disturbance and unrest, great freedom that.

But as for iran, i dont think we should invade iran unless we have to BUT, whatever happens, the UN security council needs to order action to disable irans nuclear capability.

Iran is about the only country i fear that has nukes and would use them.

Even the demonised north korea isnt stupid, but were talknig about a fundie president.

At the least we could have the iranian president assasinated, or sommin.

The problem i think is for every muslim fundie leader there is a moderate leader in waiting wanting to get in.

I believe Saddam will never live to see the end of his trial. Just as Milosovek "died" before his trial was complete so will Saddam fall victim for, if he talks, the world will know the truth behind his dealings with the US and the US does not want to let that out.

The trial has been nothing but a three-ring circus so far with absolutely nothing being accomplished.

I thought it was odd that when Saddam started ranting at his trial the other day, the judge immediately ordered that all cameras and tape recorders be shut off and dismissed all reporters from the courtroom. Why? What is it that "they" didn't want us to hear him say?

I think that Saddam will somehow come up with cancer, a brain tumor, or just die of a heart attack while in prison. If there ever is a verdict in this trial I will truly be astonished.

I hope the court will have a swift trail quickly and execute him. Saddam was a very cruel man and should get what he deserves.

I have a feeling though.......it will turn out to be another case where Saddam starts to b*tch and complain.

Silverbackman said:
I hope the court will have a swift trail quickly and execute him. Saddam was a very cruel man and should get what he deserves.
I have a feeling though.......it will turn out to be another case where Saddam starts to b*tch and complain.

Well, he kind of has the right to b*tch and complain. If you think about it, this is the pointless thing that the US has ever done. Like I said, Saddam Hussein probably wasn't as cruel as the media and the Bush Administration made him out to be. I'm more disgusted at what our government has than what Saddam has done.

Ma Cherie said:
Well, he kind of has the right to b*tch and complain. If you think about it, this is the pointless thing that the US has ever done. Like I said, Saddam Hussein probably wasn't as cruel as the media and the Bush Administration made him out to be. I'm more disgusted at what our government has than what Saddam has done.

Nah, in fact only after the war with the Baath Party while in Iraq did the US uncover the horrors of Saddam's regime. This guy looked up to the most evil man in probably all of world history: Joseph Stalin. There are a couple of documentaries that were aired on the History Channel to goes into the extent of how bad he was. The more I learn about him and his regime, the more I came to the realization that this guy is up there with Stalin and Hitler! Sure he may have not killed as many people, but if he was in power any longer he probably would have. He has been killing ever since he was young (his first murder when he was around 10) and is a menace to society and global peace. Saddam has always had ambitions for conquering the Middle East and use ethnic cleansing policies.

Read this article too;

http://www.iraqfoundation.org/news/2003/ajan/27_saddam.html

Frank D. White said:
break out of their crappy prison, recover millions he buried away some where , and go live with Bin Laden. They will both outlive Bush and attend Bush's funeral in drag, laughing hysterically!
Frank
:blush:

I would think Bin Laden would rather kill Saddam than live with him?

Silverbackman said:
Nah, in fact only after the war with the Baath Party while in Iraq did the US uncover the horrors of Saddam's regime. This guy looked up to the most evil man in probably all of world history: Joseph Stalin. There are a couple of documentaries that were aired on the History Channel to goes into the extent of how bad he was. The more I learn about him and his regime, the more I came to the realization that this guy is up there with Stalin and Hitler! Sure he may have not killed as many people, but if he was in power any longer he probably would have. He has been killing ever since he was young (his first murder when he was around 10) and is a menace to society and global peace. Saddam has always had ambitions for conquering the Middle East and use ethnic cleansing policies.
Read this article too;
http://www.iraqfoundation.org/news/2003/ajan/27_saddam.html

Believe me darling, I've also read about the horrors of the Bath Party, I've read stories of people being thrown in jail for no reason. I read an autobiography of a man who Uday Hussein's double, and I read all about his reckless behavior. And I was truly disgusted by it, but I still don't think it was justified for the US to invade Iraq. And I also believe that the invasion was just a cover for the Bush Administrations's own agenda. Thanks for the article by the way, but even though the US has gotten rid of an evil dictator, we're just making things worse, and causing more suffering for the Iraqis.

Silverbackman said:
Nah, in fact only after the war with the Baath Party while in Iraq did the US uncover the horrors of Saddam's regime.
If that is true, US intelligence is truly crap. Here in Europe it was long known what happened in Iraq. Actually, you could watch documentaries about human rights issues & Hussein family fun (IE torture, murder, rape & similar hobbies) in Iraq pretty much every week for the past 20 years.

Ma Cherie said:
Believe me darling, I've also read about the horrors of the Bath Party, I've read stories of people being thrown in jail for no reason. I read an autobiography of a man who Uday Hussein's double, and I read all about his reckless behavior. And I was truly disgusted by it, but I still don't think it was justified for the US to invade Iraq. And I also believe that the invasion was just a cover for the Bush Administrations's own agenda. Thanks for the article by the way, but even though the US has gotten rid of an evil dictator, we're just making things worse, and causing more suffering for the Iraqis.

There is really no telling what the agenda of the Bush Administration is. Whatever the reason he went to Iraq, IMO it was justified. Things are only getting worse because the Bush Administration is doing a horrible job in Iraq. But who knows, he may turn things around in Iraq. Who knows, there are around 3 years left in his term.

This war was horribly planned. The goal of war is to inflict maximum damage to the enemy in a limited amount of time without limited amounted of casualties. This war seems to be quite far away from the initial goal.

Which now brings me to the question? Who are the enimies? Is it the insurgents? Because the insurgents are there because we're there. The only way the Bush Administration will even try to "fix" things in Iraq is by throwing more money at the situation. And I don't believe it was justified. And I highly doubt that Bush can turn things around, because I don't hear any news about the progress of the Iraqi government's infrastructre.

I think the "trial" is a circus on the level of the "trial" of O.J.

I am very surprised Saddam is still alive. I can't believe that some Iraqi's have not yet taken him out by one means or another. I am also surprised he was found alive in the first place, and had not been immediately taken out by the soldiers that found him and that a weapon or weapons had not been planted on him. That is (according to the media), being the U.S. Military is supposedly mistreating and torturing so many POW's and captured "freedom fighters" (which is a media P.C. way of saying "terrorist") and killing millions and millions of innocent Iraqi's ever single day according to much of the media.

Oh yeah, about the trial!

"You're out of order! They're out of order! The whole trial is out of order!"

Al Pacino
"And Justice For All"

This thread has been viewed 18186 times.

Back