Solar Eclipse Today.

We were in position, but we only made fun about watching in the sun!!! Should have looked a little bit longer and better, than I would have been able to see 30% infront of the sun!

They had some Tours to Turkey from here. The Eclipse tour!!!! around 80/100 people took that tour, pretty funny haha.

I am just wondering how many times does this happen? because almost every year I hear about some eclipse somewhere...

i was able to see it, but i totally forgot :p

am just wondering how many times does this happen? because almost every year I hear about some eclipse somewhere...

yes, pretty often.. i think i saw it 2-3 times in past couple of years... no wonder i forgot about it today :cool:

:blush:

I'm in Antalya which apparently was once of the best places to view it in the world. I tooks loads of pics, but here are just two:
seclipse2gq.jpg

seclipse20jg.jpg

Wow! Beautiful pics, Duman.

I went to Cornwall for the 1999 total eclipse in the UK.
It was lousy weather which hampered things a little, but the period when it went total was amazing. It went really dark in a matter of seconds and you could see the shadow moving up the river. The birds were all going crazy because they didn't know what was going on. I will never forget it.

Dutch Baka said:
I am just wondering how many times does this happen? because almost every year I hear about some eclipse somewhere...
Here is a list Dutch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_eclipses. Globally speaking, there are a lot. But from any one place on Earth you will probably only get one or two in a lifetime. Also, many of them can't be seen from inhabited areas
Rich303 said:
I went to Cornwall for the 1999 total eclipse in the UK.
I remember that one too. Although it wasn't total where I live, it was almost indistinguishable from total, and we got better weather up here than Cornwall :p I remember that the wind completely dropped and the birds stopped singing. It was really eerie.

Oh, Duman, those are gorgeous pics! :love:

I didn't know about this until reading this thread now! Just goes to show how j-ref kept me in touch with what's happening in the world... :blush:

I remember the solar eclipse in 1999. I was lucky enough to have an outdoor job during that time, and we all stopped work to watch it. It was quite an eerie feeling. All the birds stopped singing! The strangest thing for me was, because the eclipse wasn't total, the darkness became like the dusk light, but everything - plants and that; I was in the middle of a field - still cast their midday-ish shadows despite the fact that the quantity of light was that of a sunsetting. Very odd feeling. :mad:

This thread has been viewed 7867 times.

Back