Why do guys shave legs??

Swimmers?

I went to a local pool where high school swim team members were in training. They had shaved all their body hair off to gain speed; and even weirder, they all swam in their long underwear. I guess the drag of the wet underwear in the water gave them a better workout. Strange view, no hair and long underwear in a pool.
When ever I went to the public baths, people who didn't know I spoke Japanese would talk about how I looked like a hairy gorilla. When I would leave, I would jump up and down and scratch under my arms and grunt like a monkey much to their embarassment and my delight.

Re: Swimmers?

Frank D. White said:
When ever I went to the public baths, people who didn't know I spoke Japanese would talk about how I looked like a hairy gorilla. When I would leave, I would jump up and down and scratch under my arms and grunt like a monkey much to their embarassment and my delight.

:D I think I would've paid money to have seen the looks on their faces!

Anyway their hairs are going to grow stronger after shaving, so they won't look girlies anymore
uhm, not true. how often you shave doesnt do anything about how the hair grows.

anyway, i dont shave my legs either. i just did once to try out but well, was neither horrible nor awesome. however ive to admit that if i see men walking around with hairy legs framed in by some ugly shorts and white socks i wonder if they try to make other people get eye-cancer with that look. luckily im hetero and can easily ignore other men, especially when they walk around like this.
hm and about men with shaved legs in general, i think its more astethic. men with too much body hair look like apes and im very happy to have just little body hair. too, having less body hair, either naturally or by shaving, is more hygenical and clean as well. i guess if i wouldnt be that lazy i would shave my legs at times. i mean, lots of women (most women?) love men of the type "beast" or "animal" (think of oliver kahn), but i dont crawl around on all fours and howl like a wolf either to get those womens attention. ;) i better stay myself, 100% human without claws or too much hair.

hmm........this sure is weird thread. uhh. well, i guess I kinda
have something to offer. I know a man who doesn't shave his
legs but has NO hair on his legs. well, he's chinese, and uh
he's my father so I guess I kinda figured that most asians didn't
have that much hair. well, I must be wrong on that one..or is it
different for japanese? *is very confused* ahh, maybe my
family's just weird. >_<

you people allow others (society) to influence your mode of thinking. none of you can actually think for yourselves by looking at your "so-called philosophical" comments & questions about shaving hair. (it's not ok to shave your body, but it's ok to shave your face...say's who??, your mom & dad?)Try being open minded for once in your life. What may be weird to you, may not be to others. I for instance, think it's weird for someone to look like a hairy bear, is that weird??

I shave my legs and entire body. why? because i like it and everyone else who has seen me like that, say i look ok. I'll do whatever i want and i don't worry about people's opinions too much.

if i decide to let my hair grow out again (when i'm older possibly) i will wax it, so that it will get thinner & thinner and then leave it.

people who shave:
athletes (swimmers, some soccer players, bicyclists, etc.)
open-minded people who aren't afraid to take a risk

those who don't:
people who think it's "weird" (98% of the population, that means you.)
gay people, yes.. them. they like guys remember, not girls.

it's not a big deal people.

I rather like hairless guys.... so smooooothhhh!
Maybe thats why I like asian guys? Not AS hairy....
My boyfriend once told me he didnt care if I went hairy, as long as I didnt grow any hair on my chest haha.

kostaki said:
people who shave:
athletes (swimmers, some soccer players, bicyclists, etc.)
open-minded people who aren't afraid to take a risk

those who don't:
people who think it's "weird" (98% of the population, that means you.)
gay people, yes.. them. they like guys remember, not girls.

it's not a big deal people.

Another category of men who don't shave themselves are men who like to be hairy, and I think that is more like the 98%! I like hairy men, as I find it more 'manly' - a personal preference, nothing to do with thinking anything is weird.

Hey, some interesting threads popped up while I was on vacation! :p :giggle:

Ummm... I am not really bothered how hairy is a guy... except I don't like reeeally hairy guys (I'm sorry! :sorry: )... just personal preference.

I don't see why guys shouldn't shave their legs. I think smooth legs are nice. In fact, it's really unfair how guys often have nicer legs than us girls :eek:kashii: sometimes I am jealous. :kanashii: so if a guy has nice legs, I think it's good if he shave them. :) On the other hand, sometimes yes I think "oh I wish I was a man and then I wouldn't have to shave my legs any more!" because it is a nuisance. :(

But, all in all it is just a fashion thing. Why should guys not shave legs, shape eyebrows, use facial products, makeup etc.? :? It's only a fashion... Of course, is fashion for women, but fashions always change... some of past fashions look quite ridiculous to us now, like powdering the hair (I mean wtf...?!). Yeah, there are stereotypes about 'masculine', 'feminine' and all that... but... well... style is universal... meh, I don't say it very well :bluush:

I shaved my legs a couple days ago. I guess I just got tired of looking at it and hearing about it from my family. I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon. And no, I'm not gay.

Martyr said:
I shaved my legs a couple days ago. I guess I just got tired of looking at it and hearing about it from my family. I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon. And no, I'm not gay.

With your username, I think you should have waxed! :D

.. this is stupid. Why guys shave? Because they want to? Maybe?

Off course, there are the athletes, and the gay people. But then again, not ALL gay men shave either.

It's plain stupid to assume that guys who shave their bodies do so because they're all gay or strange (or athletes).

Body hair is scary, it's scary with hairy legs on women, and it's scary with hairy legs on men. A lot of hair is just... not pretty. And don't tell me it's 'natural' for a manly-man to be hairy - then why should us women shave? We're really pretty naturally hairy too... only, it's more accepted for us to shave. OR to HAVE to shave.

Asian guys don't need to shave as much since they're not as hairy. Still, I've seen japanese guys doing it more often than I've seen American or European guys do. Like armpit shaving, as an example. Really good if guys do it; nice and smooth! :cool: And also, plucking the eyebrows never hurt anyone (or... yes, it DID hurt, but... *hits herself* ) A lot of the japanese celebrity guys shave their armpits, and legs and.. well.. .their bodies...

I don't get attracted to hairy men at all. In fact, I think they're scary... :shock: (sorry all you ultra-hairy men out there)

I agree with Isay. But in fact, it's simply fashion. At the moment, it's fashionable for women to shave their hair, even though women do grow hair on their legs (although not as much as men! thank goodness! :relief: ). In the future, could change, may be fashionable for men to shave legs. Is just a style thing. :)

Man, 32

As far as I know men do shave for reasons such as sports and culture. In the aspect of sports, swimmers shave for superior aqua-dynamics and bikers shave their legs to avoid hairs in their wounds (to avoid unnecessary pain/infections) when they have accidents that scrape their legs open. As for the cultural reasons, it just appears popular in some places like the Middle-East (I don't know the exact backgrounds).

In regard of whether it's attractive, I'm unsure. I think it depends on the girl's taste, but typically as long as you don't look like a chemotherapy patient or a rainforest it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Only term i personally know of a guy shaving legs is for a bet on either alcohol or money, although that's usually waxing rather than shaving.

But other than that if a guy shaves his legs it's because he doesn't want hair on his legs, why else would anyone shave their legs?

Guys shave legs?!!! :startled:

This thread was dead for 8 years, lol, and woke up like a zombi.

I've never seen guys with shaved legs in Japan, so I was very surprised when I saw them in America.
Not everybody, but some of them do shave their legs.
Please tell me why they do it.. and girls, I would like to know what you think about these guys.

Thanks! :wave:

I think momo went into a gay bar, lol.

This thread has been viewed 47539 times.

Back