Politics Catalonia may become an independent nation soon...

The problem is for the people like Carlos, not accepting that the vast majority of the Catalans want to decide their future. That simple and easy to see when reading the thread.

On the other hand, the holder you mention is false because It is not what their website says. Supposedly, it is an article by another person what talks about this. But I don't find it, so the best option is you or your favorite Spanish press, provide the so called article. Just to show that at least there's something true, even if the main idea is completely false (as usual) LOL.

POLITICIZATION AND IMMERSION IN SCHOOLS

Balearic students face planted linguistic imposition

A group of students, tired of indoctrination in the classroom, have created a partnership and reported cases.

As reported, there is to be even insults. The Andrea herself suffered, who recounted how a teacher "middle class" called "petita fatxeta (" little fascist "), simply by" wear a tie with the Spanish flag and the Balearic Islands. "When he went to talk to him, he snapped: "There is nothing to talk about, I'll try that this does not affect the note".

However, on occasion the notes themselves have been affected by using the Castilian. "In my class to a friend who made ​​a work written in Catalan but that, when conducting exposure used the Castilian" the professor downgraded a point, said Laura Libertad Digital.

"Do not treat us as students, but as to their future voters"

http://www.libertaddigital.com/espa...-cara-a-la-imposicion-linguistica-1276488025/

Indoctrination and imposition. Judge for yourselves!

And again, avoiding to post the info when it's requested, and pretending that Catalonia is the most corrupt region in the whole world just because something happens (the same as in other places).

Empty discussion.

And again, avoiding to post the info when it's requested, and pretending that Catalonia is the most corrupt region in the whole world just because something happens (the same as in other places).

Empty discussion.
The funny thing is that he still wants to keep this "most corrupt" region in Spain.
Carlos is suspended for 10 days for his continued attacks and only derogatory remarks against Catalonia.

GO ALONSO GO!!! :grin:

Really sad that lots of Spaniards think the same way regarding Catalonia. Not all of course, but still excessive (especially among politicians). It is impossible to live with someone who does not accept you, it can't be sustained eternally without consequences.

I have friends in Madrid, and even if they don't understand the reasons why we seek independence, at least, they are far more respectful than him.

catalans should try the way of Fiscal Federalism in Spain, they would give few taxes to central state and mantain their money in their region. Fiscal Federalism is a more suitable option than secession i think.

Federalism is not an option in Spain. Everyone with basic knowledge on how Spain works, knows perfectly that it's simply impossible. Despite its regional division, the Spanish centralism is as clear as it is in France for instance.

Imagine Spanish politicians accepting there's more than one nation in Spain, letting the Catalans, Basques, and Galicians, administrate their own money with minimal taxes. Sounds like science fiction, just keep in mind what happened when Catalonia renewed its regional law (clearly pointing to a federal direction), and the Spanish court erased and changed the most part of it. Moreover, what was finally aproved, it's not even followed by the Spanish government and nothing happens.

Status quo or independence, there's no other choice here.

I think the Bourbons were in Spain, Mexico and elsewhere at one time so they must have set up the centralization where ever they went. I think it started after the 'Joan of Arc' incident. I saw two version of the movie: Ingrid Bergman and then with Lee Sobieski as Joan. Funny thing Ingrid Bergman and Lana Turner were in "Dr.Jekyll and Mister Hyde. " Ingrid with Spencer Tracy Lana with Frederic March. I got these from the Library DVDs. These oldies are great. Though the special effects are not perfect but the editing, storyline and directing really bring in the scares.

Happy holidays to all and if they choose Spain as a tourist destination will welcome you happy can find beach destinations like Barcelona and visit the capital is Madrid or Andalusia any destination Great choice of Spain will be satisfactory.

Many greetings and remember Ithaca is a fantasy. Happy holidays.

Does anyone want to be Spanish?

What's wrong with letting the various regions just break off. Germany can rule over them with an economic iron fist, they'll soon whip them into shape.
Whoever's left can lay claim to being Spanish and the rest of us will just be sure to ask "What part of Iberia are you from?":giggle:

blog-spaintoon.jpg

Maybe Madrid realised it will go further in debt and others regions will depart as well, like Galicia or Navarre or maybe we can see some democracy in Europe and free the Basques

Does anyone want to be Spanish?
Only the people blinded by the Spanish nationalism. The rest are looking forward to get the visa in another country or just want independence for their regions (mainly Catalonia and Basque Country).

Some individuals still don't get it and think the problem will be solved by despising and mocking. What a waste of time.

Catalonia should at least gain greater autonomy. However, independence for the province could lead to Galicia / Galiza to push for its freedom and the Basques will certainly want out.

So what is the down side of a fragmented Iberia under EU/Eurozone unification?
Its clear the current arrangement isn't working for anyone.

It has not worked in part by the autonomous system, maintaining 17 governments is expensive, and in many ways the different regions have passed laws themselves that have been an obstacle in the common development of all Spanish, now that problem is to remedy. Do not forget that CIU has been PPSOE hinge and partners in different government relay therefore are responsible for the current situation in Spain. In hard times people while supporting his country does not intend to run.

Foreigners do not be fooled Spain maintains a homogeneous culture except folk or pettiness or languages ​​without forgetting that Spanish is the common language of all Spanish, moreover Latino women are closely related. It cirto that in 30 years of democracy some regions maintain a total discrimination on the Castilian as blessed nation denounced the U.S. you are aware of what happens in Spain and knows the topic because on one occasion and beat these trends might call policies.

Visit Spain are welcome even if you ask me I will send down a street in the right direction.

Economists past and present have always stated that nations in Europe prevent the EU from moving forward. Get rid of nationality and have smaller regional spheres and Europe will advance.

The 300 years of since the creation of nationality has done its job, change required to move ahead.

Sile ^^

I can see Galiza / Galicia forming a confederation with Portugal with both remaining separate. There are well established cultural and economic linkages between the two.

Sile ^^

I can see Galiza / Galicia forming a confederation with Portugal with both remaining separate. There are well established cultural and economic linkages between the two.

A Spanish when mentally think of the displayed map of Spain the Iberian peninsula from the Pyrenees to Lisbon.

Economists past and present have always stated that nations in Europe prevent the EU from moving forward. Get rid of nationality and have smaller regional spheres and Europe will advance.

The 300 years of since the creation of nationality has done its job, change required to move ahead.

There are many who want to see Europe with his proposal destroyed and come to Europe because Europe is based on the greatness of nations not on small plots of land each pulling from one end that way come the end of Europe. And they are the people of these small regions that want independence is the ambition of the chiefs that govern which his countrymen indoctrinate anyone taking advantage of the love he has for his small town.

There are many who want to see Europe with his proposal destroyed and come to Europe because Europe is based on the greatness of nations not on small plots of land each pulling from one end that way come the end of Europe. And they are the people of these small regions that want independence is the ambition of the chiefs that govern which his countrymen indoctrinate anyone taking advantage of the love he has for his small town.

so you agree, get rid of Spain, italy, germany etc etc and have smaller regional spheres of governments looking at brussels to govern them

This thread has been viewed 275630 times.

Back