Seasonal Member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Asian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I am human
mtDNA haplogroup
I am human
Alizee Jacotey (IPA: [a.li.ze]) (born August 21, 1984) is a French singer. Born in Ajaccio, Corsica, she is the daughter of a computer scientist and a businesswoman. Her stage name is Alizée[1] — the feminine form of alizee, or the trade wind. She is considered to be the protegee of Mylene "Farmer" Gautier, a successful Quebec-born French singer.

Alizee is presently taking a break from singing, but is slated to return with a new album soon.

Contents [hide]
1 Biography
1.1 Early years
1.2 Personal life
1.3 Career
1.3.1 Future
2 Critical response
3 Discography
3.1 Albums
3.2 Singles
3.3 DVDs
4 External links

[edit]
Biography
[edit]
Early years
Also known by her nickname Lili, Alizee started dancing[2] early in her life. By the age of four, she became quite proficient in it and was soon drawn to show business.

In 1995, at the age of eleven, she won a coloring competition organised by Air Outre Mer, a former French airline (now partly acquired by Swissair). Her design won first prize and ended up being reproduced on the cabin of one of the airline's aircraft, which was subsequently named after her. For her efforts, Alizée also won a trip to the Maldives.

In 1999, she appeared on the TV talent show "Graines de Star",[3] broadcast on Metropole 6. She initially intended to sign up for the programme's dance contest. However, the dance category was reserved for groups only. Alizee therefore participated in the singing category instead, performing the song Ma Priere.. She went on to win the "Meilleure Graine" award for most promising young singing star of tomorrow.

Her winning performance was seen by veteran French pop diva Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, who were looking for a young, fresh voice to partake in their new project. They approached Alizee and she was selected after studio auditions. The duo architected her debut with a meticulously orchestrated launch, controlling her image and public appearances. In the year 2000, they produced her maiden album, Gourmandises which was a great success in France. The first single was Moi... Lolita, which set the tone of the album, portrayed Alizee as a Lolita who was capable of "melting the hearts of the local male population".[4] She returned with a follow up album, Mes Courants Electriques, in 2003. This second album was also quite successful, though not to the same extent as Gourmandises. It was followed up with a live album of her countrywide tour.

Read the rest from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alizée

I started to notice this French singer after I moved to France; she has a lot of young guys liking her. She seems very popular even outside of French speaking areas.

These are some pictures of her:

alizee_jacotey_2.jpg

94d5c3a710702cb89458d33575d045b63432385igw.jpg

Alizee.jpg

haha, her first single was pretty funny! and I thought she was a BABE... * she still looks pretty good, even better than before!

thanks for sharing

Dutch Baka said:
haha, her first single was pretty funny! and I thought she was a BABE... * she still looks pretty good, even better than before!
thanks for sharing

Sure no problem! A lot of teen guys and young adults think she's hot they especially think she has a very nice butt!!! I personally think she has a sweet face.

She's cute, but when it comes to music and voice, then I'd choose Mylène Farmer.

She's cute, but when it comes to music and voice, then I'd choose Mylène Farmer.

Yes I have heard of her!

I think she is French Canadian.

She had a concert somewhere in France not that long ago, it was sold out within one day or something!(y)

Last edited:
Yes I have heard of her!

I think she is French Canadian.

She had a concert somewhere in France not that long ago, it was sold out within one day or something!(y)

If you really like Alizee, then you should check on Mylène Farmer since she was the one who produced Alizee's first two albums. You'll certainly notice some similarities between the two singers.

Yes I have heard of her!
I think she is French Canadian...
If you really like Alizee, then you should check on Mylène Farmer since she was the one who produced Alizee's first two albums. You'll certainly notice some similarities between the two singers.
True (y) And after comparing Alizee stuff with Mylene's one you'll definitely make your choice in favor of the latter :rolleyes:

Probably not!
I am a big fan of her and really admire her beauty. I like her looks as well as her beautiful voice.
I have a big collection of her photos and songs.

This thread has been viewed 25044 times.

Back