What makes Europeans similar between each others, as opposed to Americans

When people from England or Scotland say they are from the UK it confuses us Americans because we generally refer to England and Scotland separately. Also, when referring to both we say Britain. Also our history books reinforce this because the books refer to independence from England/Great Britain not the United Kingdom. Another thing is, most of us don't watch BBC America.

The blanket tactic was started by the English and the government destroyed the image of the Native Americans to justify that is the eyes of the American people. The government did reimburse and apologize to the Japanese for the internment. Also we dropped the bombs on Japan to convince them to surrender. We project 1 million Allied casualties if there was an invasion of Japan. We have also given blood to end slavery and segregation. Another thing about segregation is people moved away to escape it. If we don't like where we live, we can move to a different state without having to contact immigration services. Also people obsess over slavery so much that we ignore the rest of the world or ANY other American contribution to the world. After learning about the founding of the country we learn how bad we were to black people and minorities and it doesn't matter if you were a member of one of the white minorities that got the shaft. We also use the two world wars to justify farther why Europeans/White Americans are bad. We don't even teach the fact that the Soviet Union collapsed because we spend so much time bashing ourselves in our history classes.

I grew up in a very European/American house hold, and have lived in both countries. Im very aware of the differences. A lot of people are saying America is more religious than Europe. I don't completely agree with this. culturally the south is very Christian at least in name. However I have to say that even though Europe is quite secular, the secularism that is in America is much stonger. Also every European country is quite different but, I would still say that Europe still associates its self with Christianity and there still are a lot of strong Christians in Europe. Also religious holidays are highly celebrated in Europe as compared to America where only Christmas and Easter are celebrated. One of the hugest differences between the two, are the fact that life in America is very competitive, right down to the way people act. Everybody is in completion with eachother. In Europe people are more social, and less competitive. In the u.s there is an attitude even though nobody mentions it, that someone is a loser or a winner. This isn't so strong in Europe. Life also revolves around work in the U.S whereas in Europe people work to live. I also noticed in Europe that when people have a disagreement or even get quite loud or violent, its not so serious and people will easly be friends afterwards. In the u.s when people have a disagreement they usually end up hating eachother for a very long time, sometimes for ever.

well, what about mass killing of native Americans or giving them blankets infected with heavy diseases, or about ghettos for Japanese during WW2, or throwing atomic bombs on Japan even though the was close to an end without it, or about black people being slaves for centuries and low worth caste till 60s, or about murders of presidents in USA... or about strategical economic wars for resources disguised as a struggle for democracy, what about manipulation with public opinion in order to justify such wars....what about average american having close to zero knowledge about (and no interest for) the world outside America and whether their country is in some war currently and whether that war makes sense...
Point taken but not every American is a bunch of crooks, as my 8th grade history teacher once said "texts books make students less knowlegable about history" yet the average schools have textbooks but not all.

I grew up in a very European/American house hold, and have lived in both countries. Im very aware of the differences. A lot of people are saying America is more religious than Europe. I don't completely agree with this. culturally the south is very Christian at least in name. However I have to say that even though Europe is quite secular, the secularism that is in America is much stonger. Also every European country is quite different but, I would still say that Europe still associates its self with Christianity and there still are a lot of strong Christians in Europe. Also religious holidays are highly celebrated in Europe as compared to America where only Christmas and Easter are celebrated. One of the hugest differences between the two, are the fact that life in America is very competitive, right down to the way people act. Everybody is in completion with eachother. In Europe people are more social, and less competitive. In the u.s there is an attitude even though nobody mentions it, that someone is a loser or a winner. This isn't so strong in Europe. Life also revolves around work in the U.S whereas in Europe people work to live. I also noticed in Europe that when people have a disagreement or even get quite loud or violent, its not so serious and people will easly be friends afterwards. In the u.s when people have a disagreement they usually end up hating eachother for a very long time, sometimes for ever.
You probably comparing big US city, where you live, to mostly rural or small town Slovakia. Religion and even economy between US states varies as much as between European countries. Compare New York to Utah, or San Francisco to New Orlean, if not the language it would seem like living in different country. Then compare Sweden to Albania, or Holland to Ukraine.
It seems to me that you are trying to put all US and all Europe to one bag, but it is not going to work.
I would say that New York and San Francisco is closer, culturally and economically, to London or Berlin, than London and Berlin to Kiev or Athens. Although they are all in one Europe.

You probably comparing big US city, where you live, to mostly rural or small town Slovakia. Religion and even economy between US states varies as much as between European countries. Compare New York to Utah, or San Francisco to New Orlean, if not the language it would seem like living in different country. Then compare Sweden to Albania, or Holland to Ukraine.
It seems to me that you are trying to put all US and all Europe to one bag, but it is not going to work.
I would say that New York and San Francisco is closer, culturally and economically, to London or Berlin, than London and Berlin to Kiev or Athens. Although they are all in one Europe.

That's the whole point of this thread to try and compare Europe to the U.S of course its not going to be perfect but there are similarities and differences as a whole. Ive lived all over the U.S in small towns and big cities, in the south and the north. yes New York city is more European, but not exactly. All of Slovakia is religious, I have lived in very rural Slovakia, but Ive also lived in Bratislava and its still very religious. If you go to weekday mass in Bratislava is quite packed, and on sunday the churches are full. I lived in Vienna also for a year, and though church attendance is less, religion is still very much a part of the culture. There are so many religious holidays that I had off from work, where all the shops are closed, Growing up in rural south we never had that. Life in the U.S is vary competitive and very work orientated, im not the first one to say this. In Europe life is far less work orientated. Don't get me wrong I noticed I listed a lot of negative things about the U.S, which doesn't complete show the whole picture. The U.S has much better manners than continental Europeans, who can be extremely rude. I would say my judgments as a whole are very accurate, because Ive had a lot of experience with Europeans from all over Europe and Americans from all over America.

Northern Europeans are unbelievable different IMO. South Europeans connect a lot more naturally when coming to the US from what I have seen. Eastern Europeans as well. Western Europeans seem too stuck in their ways.

how many people from europe on here have actually lived in the U.S and how many from the U.S in europe. Im quite curious to see what people are basing their views off of?

I have. I was born and partially raised in Italy, did some of my schooling there, and then moved to the U.S. I think I have a pretty good handle on the differences. However, although I've traveled to northern and eastern Europe I've never lived there. So it's terra incognita to some extent.

As to how Europeans adapt to American life, there aren't many of them who actually emigrate here. The quotas are all geared the other way. Of those who do I would disagree with the post upthread. I think the Irish/English immigrants still do the best, because of the language issue. Even in terms of culture, I still think Italians have a harder time adjusting. American is much more like England or even Germany than it is like Italy, although it's still very different from Britain.

Anyway, American society is very inclusive and accepting; all you have to do is make an effort.

That's the whole point of this thread to try and compare Europe to the U.S of course its not going to be perfect but there are similarities and differences as a whole. Ive lived all over the U.S in small towns and big cities, in the south and the north. yes New York city is more European, but not exactly. All of Slovakia is religious, I have lived in very rural Slovakia, but Ive also lived in Bratislava and its still very religious. If you go to weekday mass in Bratislava is quite packed, and on sunday the churches are full. I lived in Vienna also for a year, and though church attendance is less, religion is still very much a part of the culture. There are so many religious holidays that I had off from work, where all the shops are closed, Growing up in rural south we never had that. Life in the U.S is vary competitive and very work orientated, im not the first one to say this. In Europe life is far less work orientated. Don't get me wrong I noticed I listed a lot of negative things about the U.S, which doesn't complete show the whole picture. The U.S has much better manners than continental Europeans, who can be extremely rude. I would say my judgments as a whole are very accurate, because Ive had a lot of experience with Europeans from all over Europe and Americans from all over America.
That's interesting. I see things almost completely the opposite way of what you explained. Americans are more religious than Europeans by a long shot. I also see Europeans as better mannered and more polite than Americans in average, because it must be said the American average is not very high. Americans are often aggressive, argumentative, always ready to sue people who get in their way, often bigoted because of strong religious opinions and of their little knowledge of the rest of the world... Europeans aren't perfect and both French and Spanish people have a reputation for being rude. But generally speaking Europeans are better travelled, more likely to be multilingual and more open to different cultures. America feels very monolithic culturally and that makes people more narrow minded, petty and intolerant, especially if they are less educated and more rural.

Last edited:
I feel as if I'm reading about another country!

Americans are among the friendliest, kindest, and most generous people in the world, far more so than the people of most of Europe, I'm sorry to say. Only people who have little experience with them could, in my opinion, say otherwise.

They may not know a lot of languages, and may view "foreign" cultures as strange, but what matters is that if you move here as an immigrant you're accepted as an American in very short order, so long as you make an effort, and that applies to Muslims as well as white, Christian, Europeans. In Europe, you could move to another country for work, live there for decades, speak the language, your children can be born there, and not even they are accepted as equals. Switzerland is particularly notorious in that regard. There's absolutely no comparison.

Americans are among the friendliest, kindest, and most generous people in the world, far more so than the people of most of Europe, I'm sorry to say. Only people who have little experience with them could, in my opinion, say otherwise.

They may not know a lot of languages, and may view "foreign" cultures as strange, but what matters is that if you move here as an immigrant you're accepted as an American in very short order, so long as you make an effort, and that applies to Muslims as well as white, Christian, Europeans. In Europe, you could move to another country for work, live there for decades, speak the language, your children can be born there, and not even they are accepted as equals. Switzerland is particularly notorious in that regard. There's absolutely no comparison.

I dont know about the friendliest, kindest, and most generous people in the world, but from my experience they have adopted an extremely fake behaviour and quite distant towards non-Americans at first that it makes us see them as weird. I would attribute this behaviour to the fact that Americans are usually terrified of the idea of offending someone and their political correctness forces them to exhibit this fake attitude which is not really their own.

Personally I always do them a favour and break the ice first so that they can feel comfortable and open up, and only once that happens u get to see the real nature of Americans as friendly, kind, and generous.

With regards to Switzerland, that's absolutely true. I constantly experience passive xenophobia even from Swiss peasants cattle breeders towards me and my Albanian friends. Most of the cases end up making great jokes to tell around as we've had people tell us "How can you go to this school if you're Albanian?", "Where do your parents get the money to pay for it?", "Are you really Albanians because you're not behaving or looking like one", "You are of mixed origins, right?", and the famous 'out of nothing' statement "I dont hate Albanians by the way and very open minded". And as soon as u show some kindness or open mindedness, they find the perfect terrain to express their xenophobia and u have to get rude and straightforward to shut them up.

Again not everyone is like that but its indeed extreme and I don't feel hurt about it because they have the same attitude towards Italians, French and Germans, so you could imagine how low are my expectations to be accepted with open arms :LOL:

So is the conversation about white Americans and their European cousins? If it is so then I would say culturally there is not much difference except the fact that European cultures pivot around ethnicity, american culture pivot around being cosmopolitan. If other races are included then I am not sure you can say Americans are generous or kind! Other words America as a whole is a reflection of its racial and ethnic concentrations. If you have in mind white culture as a dominant culture and ignore other cultures already present then ok I would support your observation. To clarify myself: have you heard a rich black person, or rich Indian person citizen, of America donating to a school or other charities?

I dont know about the friendliest, kindest, and most generous people in the world, but from my experience they have adopted an extremely fake behaviour and quite distant towards non-Americans at first that it makes us see them as weird. I would attribute this behaviour to the fact that Americans are usually terrified of the idea of offending someone and their political correctness forces them to exhibit this fake attitude which is not really their own.

Personally I always do them a favour and break the ice first so that they can feel comfortable and open up, and only once that happens u get to see the real nature of Americans as friendly, kind, and generous.

With regards to Switzerland, that's absolutely true. I constantly experience passive xenophobia even from Swiss peasants cattle breeders towards me and my Albanian friends. Most of the cases end up making great jokes to tell around as we've had people tell us "How can you go to this school if you're Albanian?", "Where do your parents get the money to pay for it?", "Are you really Albanians because you're not behaving or looking like one", "You are of mixed origins, right?", and the famous 'out of nothing' statement "I dont hate Albanians by the way and very open minded". And as soon as u show some kindness or open mindedness, they find the perfect terrain to express their xenophobia and u have to get rude and straightforward to shut them up.

Again not everyone is like that but its indeed extreme and I don't feel hurt about it because they have the same attitude towards Italians, French and Germans, so you could imagine how low are my expectations to be accepted with open arms :LOL:

You're misreading them I think. There's nothing fake about it; they're genuinely open, friendly, and kind. It's just than in situations with people from other countries they're not as comfortable with it as Europeans would be, because they don't have the experience. Of course, there are nasty people everywhere, but I'm talking about the average person. However, I will admit the friendships here are not as intense as they might be in some European countries. Part of that is genetics, I think, and part of it is the mobility of American society.

If you're talking about superficial "politeness", it depends on the region, in my experience. People are exquisitely polite in the south, and very polite in the midwest and on the west coast. The Northeast and especially New York have a reputation for not being very polite, and it's true to a certain extent. Part of that is because of the pace of life and work here. People have no time to suffer fools gladly, so they'll honk their horn or yell at you to get your car out of the way. In some ways, though, I appreciate the directness here; there's none of that fake politeness where you know they think you're a jerk, but they're just not saying it! :) I also appreciate that they make no class distinctions. If Sting is walking down the street, workers are very liable to yell out "Heh Sting, how ya doin?" At the same time, if something goes wrong, they're right there, and they're very welcoming to newcomers. When I moved into this house, every woman on the block and even further away brought a dessert or dish of food. One neighbor invited us out to dinner; another to an even at the local pool club. A woman came around from the so-called "Newcomers Club". She had lists of stores, clubs, information on the schools, the libraries, and automatic membership in this club of people newly moved into the area who met for cocktails, brunch, etc. She also gave me information about a Working Women's Club, book clubs, the local churches etc. It was a lifesaver, because I didn't know a soul and my family was a three hour drive away. I don't know, you guys tell me, but is there anything remotely like that in Europe? I know for sure from people who were sent to London to work that it takes ages to make friends.

DuPidh:So is the conversation about white Americans and their European cousins? If it is so then I would say culturally there is not much difference except the fact that European cultures pivot around ethnicity, american culture pivot around being cosmopolitan. If other races are included then I am not sure you can say Americans are generous or kind! Other words America as a whole is a reflection of its racial and ethnic concentrations. If you have in mind white culture as a dominant culture and ignore other cultures already present then ok I would support your observation. To clarify myself: have you heard a rich black person, or rich Indian person citizen, of America donating to a school or other charities?

Where on earth do you get these ideas? Are you sure you live here? I live right outside a very mutlti-ethnic city and encounter African Americans and Hispanics every single day, and I can say I think they're even friendlier on average than white Americans, certainly than white Americans in places like the mid-west. With Hispanics perhaps it's from their Southern European ancestry. With blacks perhaps it's also just part of their make-up, but I've thought about it over the years and perhaps it's also because they also reacting to the fact that a white American is treating them "normally", like a normal human being. Often, in my experience, you get what you put out. I think I put out genuine interest and good will, and that's usually what I get back.

As to charitable giving, I looked it up.:) Your perception is incorrect. They give more compared to what they have:

http://thegrio.com/2012/01/11/african-americans-are-more-charitable-than-other-races-report-says/

http://www.theroot.com/photos/black_philanthropists_12_top_givers/#slide-1

I'd say the groups that lag behind in community involvement, charitable giving, etc. are Indians and East Asians, but especially East Asians. They're moving into my neighborhood lately, but they really aren't getting in the flow of things. The Indians are better. The mothers are starting to get involved in the schools, so maybe it will change with time.

One neighbor invited us out to dinner; another to an even at the local pool club. A woman came around from the so-called "Newcomers Club". She had lists of stores, clubs, information on the schools, the libraries, and automatic membership in this club of people newly moved into the area who met for cocktails, brunch, etc. She also gave me information about a Working Women's Club, book clubs, the local churches etc. It was a lifesaver, because I didn't know a soul and my family was a three hour drive away. I don't know, you guys tell me, but is there anything remotely like that in Europe? I know for sure from people who were sent to London to work that it takes ages to make friends.

That's true that Americans are less inhibited and more readily strike up conversations with strangers than northern Europeans and Germanics in particular. But that doesn't mean that northern Europeans are less polite. On the contrary more inhibited people are generally more polite. The English are the perfect example, and I have worked in London to testify for it. Americans will readily tell you about their divorce or health problems or other very private details the first time you meet them, while both the Swiss and the English might never raise the subject with anybody but close relatives or best friends. But Americans will also criticise openly anyone and anything, especially by comparing everything to America and looking down on anything that's different. With American expats it always feels like they come in conquered territory to spread the American way to the less fortunate. It's always comments like "In the States this and that is bigger and better." And believe me I have worked with a lot of Americans. Those from Washington tend to be the most obnoxious. Those from northern states are often the friendliest and most respectful. Friendliness is measured very differently depending on the culture. Americans and Southern Europeans equate it with sociability and big demonstration of feelings. But for many Germanics, English included, that kind of behaviour is often perceived as invasive and often bordering on obnoxious. Privacy, personal boundaries and moderation are very important. In northern Europe it's more polite to ignore strangers than to strike a conversation with them, especially if it's to invade their privacy with too personal questions. Americans tend to make a lot of northern Europeans feel ill at ease by asking people they barely know how much they earn, asking about one's children and other indiscreet questions. That is one of the things I meant when I said they were rude and aggressive. They have no consideration at all for people's privacy and personal boundaries. It's only made worse by their sentiment of superiority towards other countries, which quickly make them feel obnoxious. You can't see that if you are in the States though.

As for clubs of all kinds, you can't beat the UK for that but other Germanic countries have plenty of them too. It's because northern Europeans are naturally inhibited that they need clubs, associations and groups of shared interests to socialise. Latins don't need them so much. They are naturally good at socialising.

You're misreading them I think. There's nothing fake about it; they're genuinely open, friendly, and kind. It's just than in situations with people from other countries they're not as comfortable with it as Europeans would be, because they don't have the experience. Of course, there are nasty people everywhere, but I'm talking about the average person. However, I will admit the friendships here are not as intense as they might be in some European countries. Part of that is genetics, I think, and part of it is the mobility of American society.

If you're talking about superficial "politeness", it depends on the region, in my experience. People are exquisitely polite in the south, and very polite in the midwest and on the west coast. The Northeast and especially New York have a reputation for not being very polite, and it's true to a certain extent. Part of that is because of the pace of life and work here. People have no time to suffer fools gladly, so they'll honk their horn or yell at you to get your car out of the way. In some ways, though, I appreciate the directness here; there's none of that fake politeness where you know they think you're a jerk, but they're just not saying it! :) I also appreciate that they make no class distinctions. If Sting is walking down the street, workers are very liable to yell out "Heh Sting, how ya doin?" At the same time, if something goes wrong, they're right there, and they're very welcoming to newcomers. When I moved into this house, every woman on the block and even further away brought a dessert or dish of food. One neighbor invited us out to dinner; another to an even at the local pool club. A woman came around from the so-called "Newcomers Club". She had lists of stores, clubs, information on the schools, the libraries, and automatic membership in this club of people newly moved into the area who met for cocktails, brunch, etc. She also gave me information about a Working Women's Club, book clubs, the local churches etc. It was a lifesaver, because I didn't know a soul and my family was a three hour drive away. I don't know, you guys tell me, but is there anything remotely like that in Europe? I know for sure from people who were sent to London to work that it takes ages to make friends.
Im not misleading anyone, simply sharing my experience and I have plenty of them from all social classes as I get along pretty well with Americans compared to the average European. Europeans are too obsessed with judging and stereotyping on how Americans are stupid and ignorant.

By fake I meant that they're appear fake coz they're too careful and afraid to overstep or to be misunderstood, and for that reason I always try to break the ice and tell them not to give a F as things in Europe r not as bad as in US when it comes to different races. We openly make fun and say racist jokes to each other and laugh together while the Americans get an initial shock and look each other in the eye like "is it ok if we laugh too?".

And I've noticed what u say about people from New York and I find that over confidence a bit tiring and not original at all. And this is my major criticism to Americans as they are too influenced by the TV culture or whatever u call it so everyone acts, speaks, and tries to come off the same way. I worked with these guys from NY and Jesus it came to a point I asked them to replace the word deadass with smth else as it got so annoying. Smth goes viral and everyone overuses it. Europeans on the other hand are more different from one another and have more unique personalities in this sense.

Oh and one last funny thing, they are amazed at how Albanians, Italians, and Yugoslavs react, joke, or talk to women. So im wondering is it just a coincidence or American men are usually shy or more reserved around women?

I am not surprised that you encountered this kind of reactions in Switzerland, but that's because Albanians have a very bad reputation there for illegal activities. In fact until the recent rise of Islam extremism and terrorist attacks in Europe, Albanians were probably the least readily accepted foreigners in Switzerland. The Swiss can't be that intolerant of foreigners when you consider that no other European country has accepted so many foreigners as a percentage of its population. Foreign permanent residents represent one quarter of the population and if you include all foreigners, that's nearly 40% of the population. Can you imagine the same percentage in Albania, all coming from poorer countries? First you tell me that you are comfortable with that idea, then you can judge other countries.

Last edited:
That's true that Americans are less inhibited and more readily strike up conversations with strangers than northern Europeans and Germanics in particular. But that doesn't mean that northern Europeans are less polite. On the contrary more inhibited people are generally more polite. The English are the perfect example, and I have worked in London to testify for it. Americans will readily tell you about their divorce or health problems or other very private details the first time you meet them, while both the Swiss and the English might never raise the subject with anybody but close relatives or best friends. But Americans will also criticise openly anyone and anything, especially by comparing everything to America and looking down on anything that's different. With American expats it always feels like they come in conquered territory to spread the American way to the less fortunate. It's always comments like "In the States this and that is bigger and better." And believe me I have worked with a lot of Americans. Those from Washington tend to be the most obnoxious. Those from northern states are often the friendliest and most respectful. Friendliness is measured very differently depending on the culture. Americans and Southern Europeans equate it with sociability and big demonstration of feelings. But for many Germanics, English included, that kind of behaviour is often perceived as invasive and often bordering on obnoxious. Privacy, personal boundaries and moderation are very important. In northern Europe it's more polite to ignore strangers than to strike a conversation with them, especially if it's to invade their privacy with too personal questions. Americans tend to make a lot of northern Europeans feel ill at ease by asking people they barely know how much they earn, asking about one's children and other indiscreet questions. That is one of the things I meant when I said they were rude and aggressive. They have no consideration at all for people's privacy and personal boundaries. It's only made worse by their sentiment of superiority towards other countries, which quickly make them feel obnoxious. You can't see that if you are in the States though.

As for clubs of all kinds, you can't beat the UK for that but other Germanic countries have plenty of them too. It's because northern Europeans are naturally inhibited that they need clubs, associations and groups of shared interests to socialise. Latins don't need them so much. They are naturally good at socialising.
Ur experience seems to be the exact opposite of mine. Could be perhaps that with Balkan people and Italians they are intimidated. I cant really say.

But I'd also like to add that Southern Europeans are not that sociable in reality. It is true that we get along pretty easily but thats about it, nothing beyond a quick conversation or when we bump into someone by coincidence. I can say that people from the Balkans and Italy tend to socialize more with each as we constantly complain how we find everyone boring and not fitting. Spanish on the other hand are more open as I've lived in Spain for 1 year and I was surprised about it.

I am not surprised that you encountered this kind of reactions in Switzerland, but that's because Albanians have a very bad reputation there for illegal activities. In fact until the recent rise of Islam extremism and terrorist attacks in Europe, Albanians were probably the least readily accepted foreigners in Switzerland. The Swiss can't be that intolerant of foreigners when you consider that no other European country has accepted so many foreigners as a percentage of its population.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Eupedia Forum mobile app
To be honest, I support Switzerland's policy towards the recent events as they're really doing what's best for their country, and for that they'll always have my respect. I know its strange for an Albanian to say this but this is my opinion and I hope every country learns from Switzerland.

I completely understand their feelings towards Albanians as it has a very strong base, but I am talking about the extent of ignorance in some people to not understand that in Albania they have roads, they use Colgate toothpaste (true story btw, some Swiss were surprised by the amount of some brands we use), business and a very fun nightlife for young people. And what irritates me is that they know we are quite wealthy and educated while their only source of income is renting out/selling land or apartments or when their grandparents pass away so they inhering loads of money, and still they look down on us. Its ridiculous. They're born surrounded by wealth and opportunities, fail to achieve smth on their own, but always ready to look down even on Italians and French.

The funny part is also when they see my summer pictures from Albania and asked if its Greece. Its just too difficult to accept that having a nice seaside and simple things like nice restaurants and nightclubs is way beyond Albania's level.

Ah and FYI, none of us its actually Muslim, half have Christian heritage like myself and the other half are atheists like the majority of Albanians. The problem is Switzerland is that the vast majority (almost 99%) are from Kosovo and Macedonia, and most of them from remote villages. The other problem is that their grandparents and parents didnt have the chance to go through the same process of religious deconversion in their own countries like the majority of Albanians, therefore they brought there a 19th century mentality.

I completely understand their feelings towards Albanians as it has a very strong base, but I am talking about the extent of ignorance in some people to not understand that in Albania they have roads, they use Colgate toothpaste (true story btw, some Swiss were surprised by the amount of some brands we use)

To be totally truthful I am surprised too. Oral-B is so much better! Joke aside there are plenty of good Swiss toothpastes like Curaprox or Swiss smile, or more common British ones like Sensodyne or Signal. So why go for American brands? Because of the better marketing?

This thread has been viewed 147617 times.

Back