Films & Series European film recommendations

I'm fed up Spanish Civil War films. I agree it's necesary to support other projects, since this is becoming something like an obsesion.

For me Pride and Prejudice and Atonement are two of the best directed and played European movies... and what I truly love about them is their closeness to the literature text. Keira Knightley is so beautiful when playing and I just adore the British accent.

Der untergang, or downfall is a really good movie that depicts the last days in hitlers bunker.

I like german films: i have seen downfall, sophie scholl,
love in thoughts, napola, the wave... all are good
Sweden: Ondskan, let me in (i loved this terror film)
Denmarck: In a better world (good film about bullying that i saw recently)
uk: Atonement

...:shocked:...

Don't watch it, you will be blind!!!

If you want to watch good comedies:
-La cité de la peur
-Le bonheur est dans le prés
-Tatie Daniel
-Bernie
-Les beaux gosses
-C'est arrivé près de chez vous

I have watched "Good-bye Lenin" yesterday, and yes, this is a great film...:heart:

Totally agree, Good-bye Lenin is one of my favourite movies. Really great, this is European cinema!

I like german films: i have seen downfall, sophie scholl,
love in thoughts, napola, the wave... all are good
Sweden: Ondskan, let me in (i loved this terror film)
Denmarck: In a better world (good film about bullying that i saw recently)
uk: Atonement

They told me that "The Wave" is really well done and interesting. But I can't find it!

Wim Wenders, Wings of Desire.

I saw "La Prima Cosa Bella" a few days back, wonderful movie that had me crying and laughing, definitely an Oscar for best foreign movie contender.

I saw "La Prima Cosa Bella" a few days back, wonderful movie that had me crying and laughing, definitely an Oscar for best foreign movie contender.

You're totally right, this is a great movie. Virzì is just unique.

yes, here are some of the best you are looking for:
Tyrannosaur (2011)
The Baron (2011)
BFI London Film Festival Review: The Monk (2011)
MIFFF Short Films
The Guard (2011)
The Last Circus (2010)

One film I watched recently. Try to see the film named "Perfume:The story of a murderer", originally a novel, a well done narrative. German production.

A Royal Affair (Danish: En kongelig affære). An 18th-century ménage à trois involving the King of Denmark.

I would really recommend this true story: Untouchable (french film, please google it)

Great french film with what you might expect as heavy subject matter but its really funny and its a feel good film throughout. Got a few awards this year and last.

Lilya 4-ever (2002) русский
******* Åmål (1998) Svenska
Ladri di biciclette(1948) Italiano
los amantes del circulo polar (1998) Español
La haine (1995) Français
Jungfrukällan (1960) Svenska
L'Age D'Or (1930)
Броненосец Потемкин (1925)
La Vita e Bella (1997) Italiano
Lila dit ça (2005) Français
Les fabuleux destin d'amélie poulain (2001) Français

This thread has been viewed 74480 times.

Back