Are men and woman equal?

• Yes

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • unsure

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
Men & Women are equal in rights but different in duties. Women have more responsibilty than man to manage, plan and nurture the future of mankind by training the new generation while man are supposed to take care of all the needs of women in order to facilitate their noble role that requires a lot of sacrifices.
women have the role of thinkers while the role of men is to act.

@tarigfayyaz:bow:

"plan and nuture the future of mankind by training the new generation, while man are supposeed to care for all the needs of woman in order to facilatate the future role thats requires a lot of sacrifice"

:bow: :bow: Please explain!!!! at what price do you pay equal rites ??? Men suffer , tell us all how????:blush:

Please explain your question in detail-as much as i understood, here is the reply-Imight have misunderstood it.
"rites are priceless, no matter at what price they have to pay. One cannot be deprive of any rite just because we can not bear the price. Justice at any cost."

@tariqfayyaz:bow: :bow:

I do beg your pardon:bow: I misunderstood your post by a slight but very relavant mistaken point of veiw, and for that please accept my opoligies,:blush:
I have re-looked over your post and this time I am not so tierd as before, and I have taken the time to digest your very wise and very true point of veiw,(with my eye-wear where they should be) and my last post was an abstact from yours with the very important first few words of your sentence missing the words being
Women have more responsibilty than man to manage plan and nuture ect,,
,,, this was the reason for my misunderstanding, and in future I will wear my glasses at this desk and prevent this from happening again!!!

SORRY!!! (do you forgive me tariqfayyaz ???)

Deborah u do not have to be apologetic.
Lets take today the physical aspect of women:
Physically women are superior as their body is more complex (can perform more functions)than men.

I think that women can stand up to pain better than men can, too.

More complex ... hehe ... how frightfully true. Men are just "plain and simple beast" compared to women ... lolo ... Yes, I really think that about men.

@ tariqfayyaz
thank-you for being so understanding :bow:

@
Physically women are superior as their body is more complex (can perform more functions)than men
this point of veiw I must agree with how-ever I have yet to meet a woman with the same physical upper strenght as a man, women have complex bodies because of thier unique fuctions, men are in my opinion just as unique,(one can't use its fuction properly without the other:bluush: ) but its the upper physical strenght that sets the men apart in that feild, it comes naturally and it is used at times as a threat(unfortunately)against both sexs, here a man is superior:auch:

@
women can stand up to pain better than men
This I also agree with,, apparently (hehe) women have a greater pain barrier than men,??? this as far as I know is scentific fact,
please correct me if I am wrong!! it is apparently (hehe) due to the inner strenght that woman pocess, it was described to me once as follows " a great footballer gets a groin strain during a final match, he decides to try to run the pain off, and because of his stamina and physical ability it works, he plays on till the final whistle, then attends hospitals for months later to repair the damage" woman are said to be the stamina. lolol:bow:

I am not even getting into this discussion...my hands would cramp from writing too much...lOl

one thing..."GO WOMEN"...

I just read this entire thread and it's very interesting to read your views. Some I agree with and some I don't. (Sorry, Deb, some of us don't like the door to be held for us. For some it feels too patronizing.) Of course men and women are equal, but that doesn't mean we're the same. All humans have our strong points and our weak points, but it all balances out in the end. What's needed is mutual respect and the acknowledgement that no one group is better than another. With that said, I'm feeling a little concerned. There's a lot of information out there about western men being in relationships with Japanese women, but not too much about western women and Japanese men. If what I've read here about the gender roles in Japan is true, then we have a problem. Definately both the western woman and the Japanese man would have to be unusual for their respective groups. What do you think?

hmmm, I'm a guy. So, of course, I can only reply as one :)

I've met and seen quite a few western women in Japan. Some hook up with Japanese men others with other foreign men. Some women have mentioned the lack of male companionship. why? why? why? I've also been bitched at for not dating western women. lololo ... why?

I know that a lot of my male friends would love to have a (ahem) blond girlfriend. Yet, many would just love to have a foreign girlfriend just in general.

I guess one problem is that many men aren't self-confident enough to go for it. Would it be a language problem or a just a male tool lack of confidence problem. My buddies are pretty manly and what not but they just don't seem to have the balls (ahem ... sorry) to approach a foreign female.

I wonder how many Japanese get turned down for not having enough money? Or just looking not manly enough? Or just get turned down for being too short?

Now, relationships.
I'd say that many Japanese men are traditional but from what I've seen in my age group along the lines of "Leave it to Beaver" (using a 50-60's tv show as reference from the states here).

Lady takes care of the home and the man is the bread winner. Getting tea and what not normally doesn't even go well with the younger generations so men have learned to get their own beers. My sister-in-law serves her husband, while I serve my wife. I guess it just depends on who you run into.

I don't know if I'd say "unusual" but I'd say that it takes a bit of understanding each other as humans. Not gaijin and nihonjin, but ningen and ningen.

Interesting explanation, Moyashi. Not at all unexpected. I was reunited with my Japanese male friend Tuesday night and we both drank enough that I got many questions answered. He admitted that he's a coward. Too bad. Now we're established good buddies, but we both know that there was an attraction on both sides. It's kind of wierd, but I'm going with it. The point is that there were characteristics that were not American that I really liked. Others were very difficult. Bottom line: I think I've got to make my way to Japan - either that or one of the nearby Japanese communities here in CA - and meet some Japanese men. Height isn't an issue. I'm 5'1". Money? Well, I don't want a homeless guy! Hey, introduce me to some of your buddies!

We have [bo-nen-kai] "end of the year" parties. Normally, the main party is close to 150 men. No women allowed. It's our night out and we stop girls at the door. It's just a lot of joking, eating, drinking, and lewd jokes for the first 2 hours, after which women are invited.

My buddies are part of the rough side of society. construction workers, carpenters, plumbers, used car salesmen, used clothing shop owners, dry cleaners, tatami makers, ex-yakuza. You name it, we are the dregs of the Japanese society.

You interested?

Where in CA are you?

I used to live in Oxnard, Santa Barbara and San Diego.

Hummm. . .
Dregs of society - Are you trying to discourage me? Do you at least have some in sheep's clothing? A little roughness is cool, but I'd like to find someone with some similar interests (silly me!). You used to teach English, right? Well, that's my world - ESL. Someday I'd like to make that EFL.

What the heck, if anyone's interested in an e-pal I'm here. They just have to know English. My first Japanese lesson is this Saturday!

I live in Fullerton. Are you originally from CA?

Not originally but rather south of the Falls. Moved out during high school.

Ahh, I get it. Hmmm, you should come over on the ELT program. Lot's of teachers ( ;) ) I bet you'd love the work. It's the ELT program with it's faults but you'd get a chance to visit many schools and get to experience what goes on in real schools comapred to the regular Eikaiwa scene.

@email pal
I'll keep my eyes and ears open :)

Thanks moyashi!

Hey, I found a site where I can create some e-pals in Japan. New friends - cool! I've already gotten some responses! This is fun.

if we really want to know about the right answer to this problem - the right way could be when a machine goes wrong we take out the operating manual and try to find out the problem- even in this case we have to consult the "Operating Manual of Men & Women".
if u are interested to find out where can we find this manual plz contact me.

hmmm? A secret manual passed down through the generations?

You got my interest here that's for sure.

hmmm a secret manual indeed,lol,, this must be a joke right? I am so interested in this, I'm looking forward to tariqfayyaz posting a small paragraph of this wise book so we can see if its real,lol and who knows we just might learn how to deal and charm the oppisite sex :clap: :note: While on an equal/unequal status of course:happy: :bow:

This thread has been viewed 76687 times.

Back