Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2b1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Celtic Germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    What exactly is your question ?
    What would be reliability of testing the following to identify either or both of the following to obtain more recent ancestry?

1. A lock of Queen Victoria's hair?

2. Exhume the body of Princess Ileana of Romania?

HBB

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 9.0%

MtDNA haplogroup
    Ursula

Quote Originally Posted by Blanton View Post
    Maciamo,

If one wished to compare their personal mtDNA, with the same Haplogroup H, is there a web site that you might know of to do this? Register and follow their page instructions, etc.

Example: mtDNA for King Michael I of Romania, his Mother - Princess Ileana of Romania, her Mother - Queen Marie of Romania (great grandmother - Queen Victoria), her Mother - Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrovna of Edinburgh?

Thank you in advance.

HBB
    You have confused two maternal lines. Queen Victoria was Queen Marie of Romania's paternal grandmother. However, Queen Marie and her paternal grandfather Prince Albert shared the same matrilineal line.

King Michael I of Romania, his Mother - Princess Helen of Greece and Denmark, her Mother - Princess Sophie of Prussia, her Mother - Victoria, Princess Royal, her Mother - Queen Victoria of Great Britain

Their mtDNA haplogroup was H. Their farthest known maternal line ancestress was Juana Núñez de Lara http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juana_N...3%B1ez_de_Lara

Princess Ileana of Romania, her Mother - Queen Marie of Romania, her Mother - Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrovna of Russia, her Mother - Princess Marie of Hesse

Their farthest known maternal line ancestress was Euphrosyne Doukaina Kamatera http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphros...kaina_Kamatera

Hope this all helps

Hello!

in one book I read:

"The basis, induced to show interest to a problem of an origin of
    prince Philippe, information which it is necessary to call unexpected
    was. It is a question of results of research DNA of the sister of
    prince Philippe - princesses of Sofia Hanover. About results which
    with all evidence testify that DNA of prince Philippe and the princess
    of Sofia don't coincide. Don't coincide so that give the grounds for
    the statement that they occurred from different parents.
    Professor William Meyplz, the head of genetic laboratory in Berkeley
    (California), professor Mary Clare King, geneticist Charles Ginter and
    doctor Willie Korte were the scientists concerning these researches,
    the known American judicial anthropologist from Florida".

do you know mitochondrial DNA of princesses of Sofia Hanover?

excuse if a question silly and for my English

Alex

Russia, Moscow

Created Album picturesOverdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 146

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a2a1a1b5aSry2627

Ethnic group
    French Celtic German

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCoutts View Post
    What, no Robert de Bruce?
    I'm reminded of the joke from one of Sir Terry Prattchet's Discworld novels, "The royal family had died out because they had inbred so much the last king kept trying to breed with himself..."
    Robert The Bruce DNA has been studied I was in the same study My surname is Bruce anglitized from Brousse. He is also R1b I looked at the study today and no one from that line has ordered the deep clade so plain R1b is all I can tell you

Created Album picturesOverdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 146

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a2a1a1b5aSry2627

Ethnic group
    French Celtic German

Robert the Bruce's Y line Note No Deep Clade has been done so they are listed as R1b1

13 25 14 10 11 15 12 12 13 13 13 29 17 9 10 11 11 25 15 19 28 15 15 17 17 11 11 19 23 16 15 18 16 36 38 12 12

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Y-DNA haplogroup
    L 200
    MtDNA haplogroup
    V

Hi Maciamo,

I thought that this might be an appropriate update to your excellent list.

This from the facebook page of Brad Michael Little.

I now have the Haplogroup test result for "Wettin Man" i.e. the relative of King George V who did a Y-DNA test to help me work out the relationship wth my Grandfather (William James Shepherd).

It is R1b1a2a1a1a U106+ U198- P89.2- P107- L6- L48- L47- L325- L257- L226- L217- L21- L1- ..... known as R1b-U106 for short!

So R1b-U106 is the Royal Haplogroup for a large number of European Royal Houses who are relatives of King George VI, King George V, King Edward VII, Prince Albert (Queen Victoria's husband) and then the whole Wettin line going back to around 950 AD.
    He has a web link The-Kings-Son.com, but updates are on his FB page.

I am enjoying the discussion.

Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a (P37.2)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K

My greetings Sirs !

Don't You know the real official reliable sources for " Wettin-Man " ? Me myslef am from the Wettin Dynasty (a Saxon - Zeitz illegitimate lineage from the early 18.the Century) and I have the I2a Y-chromozone Hg. It is said that the Hg I is the perhaps one of the most native to the pure European Region, and has formed in the last Glacial Maximum in the Balkans. However according to Kenneth Nordvedt the I2a is a rather young Hg, mine has according to him formed itself aprox. arround 2500 years ago. Maybe a Byzantine-Illyrian influence ?

The Y - chromozone results from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha or any other lineage would be great.

Thank's

Conte di Haio

Great Adventurer Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Conte di Haio View Post
    Don't You know the real official reliable sources for " Wettin-Man " ?
    The source is Brad Michael Little. See his discussion here.

Me myslef am from the Wettin Dynasty (a Saxon - Zeitz illegitimate lineage from the early 18.the Century) and I have the I2a Y-chromozone Hg.
    Fascinating. You mean you're a patrilineal descendant of the Dukes of Saxe-Zeitz? Could you give us the names of everybody along your patriline? (You can skip living individuals for privacy's sake.) You see, I'm actually keeping a list of famous I2 carriers, and if you can add more people to that, that would be awesome.

Actually, I wouldn't be particularly surprised if both you and "Wettin Man" were from lineages associated with the House of Wettin. I expect there to be multiple different Y lineages associated with the House of Wettin, considering that over 1000 years is a long time to go back and have no NPEs!

It is said that the Hg I is the perhaps one of the most native to the pure European Region, and has formed in the last Glacial Maximum in the Balkans. However according to Kenneth Nordvedt the I2a is a rather young Hg, mine has according to him formed itself aprox. arround 2500 years ago. Maybe a Byzantine-Illyrian influence ?
    Haplogroup I is indeed ancient to Europe. We have ancient samples from the Neolithic having haplogroup I, and we presume based on STR dating that it goes back to the Paleolithic in Europe.

I2a-P37 is very old as well (about 20,000 years old), but I suppose by "2500 years ago" you're referring to your specific type of I2a-P37. Do you know your terminal SNP, or your STR values? Are you I2a-Din?

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a (P37.2)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K

Yes indeed. In direct paternal line I am descendant of Christian August of Saxe - Zeitz, Prince of Holy Roman Empire, Duke of Saxony, cardinal of the Holy See and an archbishop of Gran (Esztergom in Hungary). My subclade is indeed I2a1b1 - Din. I was tested in 2006. I have been a little bit confused by the first time, but later I understood that it is the very native Hg for the Europe, and that this Hg has been found across the Old Dolmen Tombs in France, and others. That it has survived in a very specific areas, where invaders from the East and South didn't came.

The precise familytree I would like not to publish. I just will give the main paternal line. More specifications : I live in Slovakia (part of Ex- Czechoslovakia) in the house where my ancestors had lived for 300 years , when the Wettiner Story had begun. It is one of the satelitte vilages of the Santa Croce di Gran - Keresztur - Svaty Kriz nad Hronom, or with nowadays name --- Ziar nad Hronom. It had been the main summer residence of the Esztergom (Gran) archibishops in the past. However I live in multiple places now, but I still hold the ancient house of our family there. I am last descendant of the paternal line there. Our name has been Macák, Maczak, Matsak, Macag in the times. Mainly Maczak and from the 1st Czechoslovak Republic a simple Macák.
    The most simplified name descendancy should be :

Christian August of Saxe - Zeitz (*1666 - +1725)
    Georgius Maczak ?
    Josephus Maczak ?
    Matthias Maczak *1798 - + 1846
    Stephanus Maczak *1819 - +1880
    Josephus Macák *1877 - + 1931
    Martinus Macák *1914 - +1986 my grandfather

Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

Ethnic group

Our name has been Macák, Maczak, Matsak, Macag in the times. Mainly Maczak and from the 1st Czechoslovak Republic a simple Macák.
    The most simplified name descendancy should be :

Christian August of Saxe - Zeitz (*1666 - +1725)
    Georgius Maczak ?
    Josephus Maczak ?
    Matthias Maczak *1798 - + 1846
    Stephanus Maczak *1819 - +1880
    Josephus Macák *1877 - + 1931
    Martinus Macák *1914 - +1986 my grandfather
    The most curious link there, of course, is the Christian->Georgius Maczak link. Have Slovakian scholars verified this link? I can't find anything in English about it offhand. It also looks like you have rather few generations between Christian and Matthias. Christian, Georgius, and Josephus would have had sons at an average of 44 years old to get that lineage to work (not implausible, but needs additional verification, like you seem to have with the Stephanus->Josephus link, with Stephanus being about 58).

Where any of the members of the Maczak/Macák family, post-split from the Saxe-Zeitz branch, notable in their own right?

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,531
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Hi, Maczak the way you spell is clearly a Polish name. Probably in originated around Lvov area in Ukraine during Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. There is a chance that Macza evolved from more popular last name Marczak. In both connections there is no connection to nobility. Not sure how Maczak could end up connected to Duke of Saxony?
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate presence, and demonize the future.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a (P37.2)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K

In Hungary the cz means " c ". But Macak or Maczak is a very common name in Slovakia. There are many holders of this name, which is a derivation of the name Mattiaus. Maczko, Macko, Macak, Maczak, Macag, Matsak.

The whole reaserch has been made by the Official Governmental Reaserch House, of State Archives of Slovakia. The Stephanus Maczak child - it has been his 9th and last child. However the first two members --- there are no additive informations about their birth or death. The information is in matriculas but only --- the son of Georgius Maczak, the son of Josephus Maczak.

But we are 100% sure for the Sachsen - Zeitz descent. There is no doubt. I had written the above reply in that I was curious, because as I know and have resources the descendants of Wettin should have I2a P37.2 Hg. Even several of the early Saxon Nobility have this haplogroup.

In my cause I have real evidence of my Sachsen - Zeitz descent, even with the name of Christian August von Sachsen Zeitz, there are no doubt.

I am just very doubtfull about the R1b Wettiner Man. I think that it is a fraud. But unless there Hubert Herzog zu Sachsen - Coburg - Gotha or others would give their DNA profiles public, I can be only doubtfull what is the true Saxon DNA.

So thank's for Your contributions, that's all from me.

SSZ

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a (P37.2)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K

And to Maczak name, there has been a King with the name Madzak that Ibn Masudi had written with the content of Volhynian Slavs (9th Century). He had to be a " King of Kings of Eastern Slavs ". But there are doubts if this is spelled : Majak, Madzak, od Mujak. (the effect is the same --- and meaning from Croatian - a " cat " , a " smarty man " in Slavic languagues). The type of writting of my name is just Hungarian. There are many mutations. Mackassy, etc. etc. . just an add.

www.The-Kings-Son.com Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a2a1a1b4 (L21+)

Hi Conte di Haio,
    I assure you the data and information in The King's Son is not a fraud.
    The haplogroup info posted on my webpage is a result of triangulated known living Wettin men providing their y-dna. All the info is in a 200 page book.
    I found your alleged ancestor (Christian Saxe-Zeitz) and agree the Haplogroup info for Wettin Man your Saxe-Zeitz Man should be the same ..... they aren't.
    Next steps?
    Regards,
    Brad (the-kings-son.com)

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%

Ethnic group
    Celto-germanic

I have added the royal members of the House of Wettin as belonging to R1b-U106.

A new paper on the mtDNA of Henry IV of France (haplogroup U5b*) also allowed me to identify 10 European kings and many more dukes as belonging to the same mtDNA lineage.
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter ----------------- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----------------- Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Baron Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveThree FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 365

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

I just read on a U.K. based family website that Jarl Birger is no longer confirmed hg I1--have any of the genetic experts heard of this development? I prefer to not list the surname on this thread, but can email/message it to those who would like further confirmation of the claim.
    Last edited by nordicwarrior; 16-01-13 at 06:04. Reason: added words

Baron Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

I want to bump this one more time in the hopes that one of the more senior members has any knowledge of this Birger claim. I haven't noticed anywhere else that this line had been reclassified as a different haplogroup.

Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by nordicwarrior View Post
    I want to bump this one more time in the hopes that one of the more senior members has any knowledge of this Birger claim. I haven't noticed anywhere else that this line had been reclassified as a different haplogroup.
    Is somebody discounting the Malmström et al. 2011 study?

Baron Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

I think so Sparkey, I pm'ed you the site info.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a Z284
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1k

Ethnic group
    Norwegian

Seems Richard III of York belonged to mtDNA haplogroup J. (Sorry I can't post the link!!)

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a Z284
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1k

Ethnic group
    Norwegian

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbe View Post
    Seems Richard III of York belonged to mtDNA haplogroup J. (Sorry I can't post the link!!)
    Seems he belonged to J1c2c.

Level
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbe View Post
    Seems he belonged to J1c2c.
    Are there any tests of living Plantagenets of the Beaufort line?

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a Z284
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1k

Ethnic group
    Norwegian

Quote Originally Posted by kleon View Post
    Are there any tests of living Plantagenets of the Beaufort line?
    It has been tested two living descendants from a sister of king Richard, that's all I know from news media.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 276

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a4

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    there has been a King with the name Madzak that Ibn Masudi had written with the content of Volhynian Slavs (9th Century).
    Your Y-DNA has actually the Eastern European origin. I2a is a stamp of the so called Ostrogoths. The so called, because in fact they were not Goths at all.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a Z284
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1k

Ethnic group
    Norwegian

Quote Originally Posted by al-kochol View Post
    Your Y-DNA has actually the Eastern European origin. I2a is a stamp of the so called Ostrogoths. The so called, because in fact they were not Goths at all.
    What were they, then? Sources, please?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast