Haplogroups of European kings and queens

Also is Y-DNA of the Hohenstaufen family known?

Maciamo can you list your sources for all this info?

BTW - some new info:

Richard III (1452-1485) => J1c2c (mtDNA)

Y-DNA of Richard III was G2:

http://www.ancestraljourneys.org/royaldna.shtml

And here is the comment:

"P287; Differs from that of three male line descendants of Edward III via John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster and Henry Somerset, 5th Duke of Beaufort (1744–1803), which are U152 xL2,Z36,Z56,M126,M160,Z192. Infidelity must therefore have taken place somewhere on either the York or Lancester lines."

Several distinct Y-DNA halogroups were found among various members of the Rurikid dynasty:

N1c1 (most frequent)
R1a L260
R1a P278
R1a Z92
R1a M458
R1a Z280
I2a1 (among princes of Turov and Pinsk)

This info is based on the Rurikid Dynasty DNA Project.

What is the DNA of Louis Charles, son of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette?

He is supposed to be G2a3b1 and very probably L140 +

This Quote above does not seem to be correct according to what I have read. Can you post on here what his DNA should be from what tests have shown lately since they now believe that the gourd did not have the blood from King Louis XVI and the head did not belong to King Henri the IV? Also is there any way that the results from the testing of the three male descendants of the French Kings could be published or even sent to me in an e-mail? Is there any way to compare a DNA test that is on Ancestry.Com to any of these Kings of France? Sorry for the multiple questions. If you would rather not post on this forum the answers, would you please answer my request by e-mail?
Thank you so very much for answering my request.

^ Probably Maciamo's results come from modern descendants of (or people who claim to be descended from) these dynasties.

^ Probably Maciamo's results come from modern descendants of (or people who claim to be descended from) these dynasties.

Exept Chengis Khan, because no one from his descendents was probably checked.
These ones who are in FT projects all are from Jochi clan - so they are Merkites.
I wouldn't be surprized, if Temujin wouldn't be even C.

It concerns me that the African Kings and Queens that ruled have been left off of your list, or am I mistaken?

It concerns me that the African Kings and Queens that ruled have been left off of your list, or am I mistaken?

Check the thread's title again. It says 'European kings and queens'.

Chengis Khan is not as no one from his descendents was probably checked.
These ones who are in FT projects all are from Jochi clan - so they are Merkites.

Exept Chengis Khan, because no one from his descendents was probably checked.
I wouldn't be surprized, if Temujin wouldn't be even C.

Could no one find modern descendents? In light of the recent R1b results this might be prescient.

Could no one find modern descendents? In light of the recent R1b results this might be prescient.

Polish-Russian Gengiskhanids were checked, but all they
are descendants of Jochi, who was not a real son of Temujin.
Real gengiskhanids live in China, Mongolia and Central Asia,
but it is probably very hard to proof. Maybe in China they
can have some pedegrees, but I am wonder if Mings would
not simly kill them all... it is probable. But if some traditional
descendancy from temujin would be confirmed among some
Mongol or central Asian families, it could have some probablity.

Does anyone know if Charlemagne has any documented direct male line descendants? Any guesses what his haplogroup might be? I would imagine R1b-U106 is the most likely possibility.

Maciamo,

Could you publish the exhaustive ancient DNA list, please?
I.e. archaeological results only. Without any descendants testing and further reconstructions.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the links that I've seen many times before. But I am asking for the exhaustive ancient DNA list, if it's possible.

Some basics.

When only one descendant is tested it's not a very valuable reason to associate his haplotype with his ancestors. Don't forget about NPEs.

I've tested some pairs.
TMRCA:
- 11.5 generations;
- 8;
- 5;
etc.

For one group of four persons with MRCA born in 1736 I have one NPE.

For MRCA born in the 11th century I've tested 9 persons and have 5 different subclades. Which one should I associate with the real historical person?

When I speak about ancient DNA list, I mean the list of royal and noble dynasties.

This thread has been viewed 606337 times.

Back