Films & Series Enter ..... the Belgian

Miss Marple's nephew

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Humanoid
Hey! What about Jean-Claude? He’s considered a talent-less actor but he’s got lots of talent.

aa_jean_cla88628783_50x50.jpg

Did you see him in “Double Impact”? The story was terribly contrived and the dialog was typically B-American cliché-cinema but his acting ability can be seen in the role as “the nice guy” twin.

I think the problem with his acting is that the Americans are hero-worshipping sods and persist in giving him “tough guy/hero” roles. There’s a long list of misplaced “tough guy/hero” types in American cinema, for example: Sylvester Stallone, Nicolas Cage, Robert De Niro, Will Smith, Steven Seagal, Roger Moore, Richard Dean Anderson, Wesley Snipes, etc. etc. etc. These guys are “pussies” and their demeanour upon the movie screen wouldn’t frighten a puppy away from a warm bowl of milk.

As a “tough guy” Jean-Claude is useless too. Now, I don’t know about all the rest of them but given the right role and Jean-Claude Van Damme will do an excellent job I’m sure.

Jean-Claude Van Damme starred as himself in JCVD. I haven't seen it yet, but I heard that it was his best film.

Well, I'll say he is better than Mr.Ego Steven Seagal whose only good role was in Executive Decision, because he got sucked out of a plane and killed off
Now there's a film with him I'd like to have seen!!! Did he make his exit at the start of the film, perhaps? :)

Jean-Claude Van Damme starred as himself in JCVD. I haven't seen it yet, but I heard that it was his best film.
Yes. I plan on seieng that one when I get a chance.

* BTW: I forgot to mention the other "zero talent" ..... Mel Gibson. When he's trying to look fierce it resembles a Mr. Bean parody more than anything else.

I think Van Damme is an underrated actor. He starred in too many B-action movies with very simple plots - that's why many think of him as a bad actor. But he's got talent and I am looking forward to see JCVD. Probably he gets to act in a serious movie and then he can show his acting ability.

He's a very talented comic though, as in many interviews he gave over the years, he managed to come up with gems. The 1+1= 11 is unbelievable, the wind particles, Adam, Eve and the Snake,... I am not sure if non-french speakers are acquainted with these interviews, but the ones who know them will agree, Jean-Claude IS a philosopher, in his own way...

This thread has been viewed 10330 times.

Back