haplogroup J2

motatalea

Reaction score
What is the percent of haplogroup J2 in egypt? could you Mr Maciamo find to me alink at which the percent of j2 in egypt is found?

and there is a question is that right that haplogroup J1 percent in egypt is about 20%?

There is little J2 in Egypt (about 1%, mostly on the Mediterranean coast). Egyptian J is mostly J1 (over 20%, mostly in northern Egypt).

You can find data for other Middle Eastern countries in the link (table 2) I gave you 3 days ago. You can check here the SNP's corresponding to each J subclade. For example M172 is J2*.

There is little J2 in Egypt (about 1%, mostly on the Mediterranean coast). Egyptian J is mostly J1 (over 20%, mostly in northern Egypt).

You can find data for other Middle Eastern countries in the link (table 2) I gave you 3 days ago. You can check here the SNP's corresponding to each J subclade. For example M172 is J2*.

Hi Maciamo ,1-Could you try please to find to me a link at which the percent of E1b1b1a haplogroup in egypt is found?
and please2- Which haplogroup of those has more frequency in sudan J1 or E1b1b1a or A?
and last but not least I know that J1 percent in egypt is 20% ok please 3-could you tell me what is the percent of its subclade J1e there? and is that right that J1e is the haplogroup of prophet mohammed?

Last edited:
Prophet Muhammad J2

Many of Prophet Muhammads descendants are J2. The Royal Jordanian family are J2 and so are Rabats King ( Morroco) some families from Yemen who are of Muhammads descendants ( They arrived 400 years ago ) tested and it was J2.

Muhammad cant be J1 because he was never originally from southern Arabian Peninsula he is Arab Mustaribah ( Arabised Arab ) from the north , from Abraham Ur of Chaldea and migrated towards the Hijaz areas.

J1 are mostly found in Yemen 80%, Some bedoins in the north, Ghassanids Christian families of Lebanon , Syria, Palestine and Jordan and Causacus area where its at 75%

Qahtanites and Ghassanids ( Christians Arabs from Marib Yemen now in Lebnan, Syria. Jordan and Falastine ) are mostly J1. Many Christians families in south lebanon tested and got J1 results. Many posted their results on Facebook.

These test are done by real people. Its also possible for Ghassanids to have J2 as some were migrants from north and settled with the Pre Islamic Saba people.

National Geo has more extensive studies

Many of Prophet Muhammads descendants are J2. The Royal Jordanian family are J2 and so are Rabats King ( Morroco) some families from Yemen who are of Muhammads descendants ( They arrived 400 years ago ) tested and it was J2.

How do you know that ? Could you post a link referring to the study of the Royal Jordanian family belonging to haplogroup J2.

Muhammad cant be J1 because he was never originally from southern Arabian Peninsula he is Arab Mustaribah ( Arabised Arab ) from the north , from Abraham Ur of Chaldea and migrated towards the Hijaz areas.

That's just speculation. Based on his geographic origin he could just as well be E1b1b, T or even A, B, L, Q, R1a or R1b.

i dont think so

well, you are wrong since Arredi et. al 2004 report that the j1 in Upper Egyptians around 21% while the northern's have about 10%

well, you are wrong since Arredi et. al 2004 report that the j1 in Upper Egyptians around 21% while the northern's have about 10%

That's J1, not J2. I suppose you are referring to this study. It doesn't give the exact percentage, but from the map it looks like there is about 10% of J2 in northern Egypt and 2-3% in southern Egypt. I admit that there may be more J2 in Egypt than I thought. Egypt has been invaded many times by its neighbours in ancient times (Hittites, Assyrians, Sea people, Lybians, Greeks, Romans...), and these neighbours had a lot of J2 lineages, so it isn't very surprising to find 10% of J2 in the north.

The Royal Jordanian family are J2 and so are Rabats King ( Morroco)

How do you know?

Muhammad had in his official genealogy 23 generations from Abraham, which is too little for 2200 years.

Moreover, J1 is abundant in Mesopotamia. It actually originated in Northern Mesopotamia.

We should also remember that during early medieval and medieval times Egypt was ruled by Mameluks who were mostly of Circassian and Georgian origin. 18th century ruler Ibrahim-Bey (Shinjikashvili) was even my far relative. So many J2 and J1 in Egypt could be of recent origins and from the Caucasus and not from Hittites etc.

Hi Everyone...I am new to this forum but wanted to share my recent DNA data results. My paternal line is J2a1b*. My grandparents are from Campania in Southern Italy (Napoli) and I am a 3rd generation American. I always considered myself of Italian lineage but after reading many of the posts, I am now considering that my paternal lineage may have flourished further "east" (i.e. Balkans) than previously thought. I have had my raw data further analyzed and was provided with J2-M67 marker. I am somewhat confused by having (2) separate halpogroups or is J2a1b* only a mutation of the J2 group? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you

Your paternAl ancestor originated in the northern Middle East, Mesopotamia also known as the Fertile Crescent. It seems you are M67 positive. M67 reaches its highest frequency in Georgians, Armenians and Chechens. It has even higher frequencies in Ingush and malgobek Caucasus people's. quite a few Cretan and north Italians have it as well (10%). It's found in 5% of southern Italians. It originated in the Caucasus region near Chechnya, ingushetia, Georgia, Armenia etc. the ancient Etruscans may have carried this haplogroup to Tuscany in the ancient Etruscan civilization from the northern middle-east.

I would look for Georgia and Chechnya as the areas of origin of M67, I read somewhere thoug that it originated in west-central Georgia.

Hi Everyone...I am new to this forum but wanted to share my recent DNA data results. My paternal line is J2a1b*. My grandparents are from Campania in Southern Italy (Napoli) and I am a 3rd generation American. I always considered myself of Italian lineage but after reading many of the posts, I am now considering that my paternal lineage may have flourished further "east" (i.e. Balkans) than previously thought. I have had my raw data further analyzed and was provided with J2-M67 marker. I am somewhat confused by having (2) separate halpogroups or is J2a1b* only a mutation of the J2 group? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you
I am not Dna expert. But you could be Greek too. They are J2a high too. Adano gave you an experts answer. I just wanted to add Greeks.

Yeah but those M67 Greeks arrived to Greece from the Caucasus anyways once ago.

J2b originated in the extreme southern-Balkans in the Greece/Albania extreme southern Macedonia area. I refer to it as being "Greco-Albanian" J2. It also arrived anciently from the Middle East but entered the greek peninsula region via Thrace while most J2a was still in the Middle East. It began to pick up its own mutations and evolved into J2b from J2. Highest frequencies in Greece, Albania and north-central Italy (J-M102). It's European J2, greek J2 to be more presence, found in ancient villagers across north-central Greece and the Albanian mountains. The Greeks spread it mostly, but they also spread J2a, as the Greeks had originally absorbed middle eastern J2a as well.

This thread has been viewed 35768 times.

Back