The Celts of Iberia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the Iberian posters here have generally been more accurate than posters like Atilla, the concern is the flood of posts about the same subject and the fact that the responses are often impolite or hostile. You guys ought to become more adept at ignoring other users and better at deflecting the conversation back on topic.

I absolutely agree, and I have nothing to add here.

Like so:

So I was recently reading the Sopeña paper on Celtiberian religion and it got me thinking: based on our limited knowledge of Celtiberian religion, it's pretty clear that it was Celtic at its core, but to what degree can we see elements from non-Celtic Mediterranean sources, and when did they get there? For example, Sopeña cites Mediterranean-influenced "plastic" representations of the gods, but assumes them to be a late introduction.

This is very interesting read indeed. There's indeed quite a bit of (not exactly surprising!) parallels between the Celtiberians and the rest of the Celtic-speaking world, but also differences. Regarding the 'plastic' representations, I can't speak for the Celtiberians here, but what is definitely a very illustrative and interesting element here is Iberian art, such as the famous Lady of Elx:

477px-Dama_de_Elche_%28M.A.N._Madrid%29_01.jpg

Wonderful, very curious ornamentation. It's one of the most famous ancient Iberian treasures.

The Lady of Elche is one of the most famous pieces of Iberian art. Some see Hellenistic elements in the piece.

Oh please..We are hardly inventing anything. We are getting all our information from autosomal studies and genetic projects.

When you realise that genetics has no association with nations is when you will start understanding about genetics and also will stop you to have/show this racist ideals of yours. There is not one race in the world that has a pure marker.
Also, stop critising people who link scentific papers. do you realise these people did not write these papers that seem to annoy you so much. critis the papers and not the people who link them.
you seem to think the only way to stop people linking sites is to ridicule them.

Iberians simply want to be portrayed accurately, genetically and ethnically. That's fair, yes? No population group is 100% of anything and Iberians, like other Europeans, have minor percentages of non-Euopean admixture, such as N. African, W. Asian and so on. The level of extra-European genome contribution is not at all meaningful, compared to the size of the Euro elements. To repeat what I said on another thread: concentrate on the major Iberian genetic components, such as Paleolithic, Proto-Celtic, Celtic, etc. Those are worthy of full discussion.

accurately! or what you only think is accurate.
list me the % of the spanish haplotypes, we will then see your accuracy

accurately! or what you only think is accurate.
list me the % of the spanish haplotypes, we will then see your accuracy

What are you saying? What I think is accurate? How does the overall research read? The scientific consensus for Spain / Iberia is nothing like what some persons (who pursue twisted agendas) here are trying to project, which is pathetically INACCURATE. Let's see things for what they really are.

The Spanish haplogroups / haplotypes are all averaged out right on Eupedia for anyone to see. The autosomal DNA scores from any number of sources have been posted ad nauseum. Where's the mystery?

What is most obvious is that some people just come here to paint Spaniards in the wrong light, genetically and ethnically, for whatever strange reason. That is abundantly clear and ACCURATE.

It does not seem to me correct to prevaricate the topic with regard to the Spanish. First of all the majority of Spanish is contributing genetic information or giving an anthropological and cultural idea, but the difference is in this information they are refuted by other generally South American users of a provocative form, who do not have to support other debates on other topics, curiously the topic of Spain suffers a debate not honest at all for the instigators, when less it is obviated.

In the topic of the M-81 I have seen information that go from 5 % to 22 %, when it goes out to re-show 5 % ó 7 % at once there are users ready to enter the topic, when another foreign user gives 22 % everything is in calmness and at once the Spanish users refute the topic of 22 % but they are obviated or answered of very slack form. It is logical that the Spanish jump before the provocations because they are speaking about his country and more if they have information, I speak in third person to speak about the topic from the distance of form obje

When you realise that genetics has no association with nations is when you will start understanding about genetics and also will stop you to have/show this racist ideals of yours. There is not one race in the world that has a pure marker.
Also, stop critising people who link scentific papers. do you realise these people did not write these papers that seem to annoy you so much. critis the papers and not the people who link them.
you seem to think the only way to stop people linking sites is to ridicule them.
What the hell are you talking about ? That's exactly what I did, I critized the paper for the reasons I have already mentioned.

Totally agree and let's not say anything else about it.

Some of them can't debate straight.

it's a crying shame

Regards.

Sepulcro+de+menendez+pelayo.jpg

There are old ideas that do not serve already and rancors trans-oceanic that neither.

It seems historical and archaeological research shows that there were some coastal migrations of the Celtici - who occupied mainly the far south of Portugal - as far north as what is today coastal Galicia.

Moderators have come to the conclusion that it's time to close down this farce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 1018189 times.

Back