Sex & Gender Dating preference across racial groups

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I found two related articles with surveys on dating preferences based on the racial background. The data is from OkCupid (online dating website). Answers from over 1 million people were taken into account, so it is a big survey (hence also fairly reliable).

Birds of a feather flocking together

Match-Question-2.png

Here we see that a much higher percentage of White people prefer to stick to their own racial* group. The gap with other races is huge. 54% of White females and 40% of White males strongly prefer to date someone who is also White. The average for non-Whites is only 20%. At the bottom, only 11% of Black males say that they only want to date Black women.

The second article gives more precision about the perceived attractiveness from one specific racial group to another, both from the males and females' point of view.

Patterns of response rates on OkCupid by sex & race

replyrate.png

Here we see that Black women are the least popular, with 31 to 41% of males replying to them. Middle-Eastern females are the most popular, with 47 to 63% of men responding to their inquiries, followed by White and Asian females. What is surprising is that men almost always prefer Middle-Eastern women to women from their own racial background, except ironically for Middle-Eastern men who prefer Pacific Islander females.

When receiving a inquiry from a man, Black and Native American women were the most likely to reply, while Asian, Hispanic and White women were the least disposed to.

*the definition I use for "racial group" is based on continental and subcontinental divisions, which is different from the "ethnic groups" that subdivide a race. For instance, White/European is a racial group, while Basque or Finn would be an ethnic group.

I am surprised at this report, but then again it was conducted in the US and I never lived in the U.S. hence it could not represent the rest of the world.

I agree with everything else but that men almost always prefer Middle-Eastern women to women from their own racial background.

I have been just about everywhere I have never seen an East Asian man with Middle Eastern woman. However my dad told me his ex- employee’s brother which is of Sino Malaysian decent married and Saudi Arabian princess and converted into Muslim. But that's the only one I heard.

I don't recalled seeing much black men with Middle Eastern woman neither.
Unless the men's desire does not reflect their actions because of cultural, religious...etc differences that they think it will not work, so they couldn't be bothered trying. They could have fantasies about somebody different but they can't bring that into reality successfully so they stay with the choices that are most likely to work.

As for white men they go with everybody.

So now we are equivalent to White women in terms of preference by men in the U.S??!!!

I also find it strange, Minty. I agree that cultural and especially religious differences certainly prevent dating between most Middle-Eastern and other people.

Then I don't think that Middle-Eastern is a valid racial group. Turks have little to do with, say Egyptians, Yemeni, or Iranians. Even with a same country, western and eastern Turks are quite different genetically, and so are northern and southern Iraqi.

Pacific Islanders, on the other hand, are not that different from other East Asians. It would be easier to confuse a Tahitian and a Philippino than a Western Turk and a Omani.

The limit between Native American and Hispanic is not always clear either, because most Hispanics have mixed European and Native American (and sometimes African) blood.

Hispanic/Latin is not a race.

Hispanic/Latin is a linguistic term, not a racial term. (y)

Hispanic/Latin is not a race.

Hispanic/Latin is a linguistic term, not a racial term. (y)

Hispanic is a cultural term fundamentally tied to language. It is used to codify Western Hemisphere Spanish speaking populations. A very large number of these people are of mixed racial heritage, although some South American countries such as, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and Chile have significant numbers of whites. Specifically, there are large majorities in Argentina and Uruguay.

Hispanic is a cultural term fundamentally tied to language. It is used to codify Western Hemisphere Spanish speaking populations. A very large number of these people are of mixed racial heritage, although some South American countries such as, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and Chile have significant numbers of whites. Specifically, there are large majorities in Argentina and Uruguay.
whites in Chile are only about 30%

I also find it strange, Minty. I agree that cultural and especially religious differences certainly prevent dating between most Middle-Eastern and other people.

Then I don't think that Middle-Eastern is a valid racial group. Turks have little to do with, say Egyptians, Yemeni, or Iranians. Even with a same country, western and eastern Turks are quite different genetically, and so are northern and southern Iraqi.

Pacific Islanders, on the other hand, are not that different from other East Asians. It would be easier to confuse a Tahitian and a Philippino than a Western Turk and a Omani.

The limit between Native American and Hispanic is not always clear either, because most Hispanics have mixed European and Native American (and sometimes African) blood.

Yes, I agree, "Middle Eastern" is not a valid racial group. One might consider "Semitic" as a racial group that includes Middle Eastern peoples... Don't know.

Yes, I agree, "Middle Eastern" is not a valid racial group. One might consider "Semitic" as a racial group that includes Middle Eastern peoples... Don't know.

The middle-east is a political invention. There is no such thing as the middle-east nor middle-easterns
Even though, most countries belonging to middle-east are Semitic,
So ,yes, most middle-easterns are Semitic, and they are characterized by having lots of J1 and J2 y-dna.
Iranians speak a Indo-European language, but ethnically they are like their neighboring countries

Are you stupid?

Middle Eastern women are NOT the most preferred. Asian women and White women are. Stop making up statistics that don't exist, your links are faulty. :cool-v:

You mean you know a Sino-Malaysian woman married to a Saudi Arabian man. East Asian men don't like Middle Eastern women, but Middle Eastern men love Asian women.

Middle Eastern women are NOT the most preferred. Asian women and White women are. Stop making up statistics that don't exist, your links are faulty. :cool-v:

This is like a four year old thread you resurrected and that is why links are "faulty". And the only one making up statistics here is you. You've provided no evidence whatever for your claims.

In italy i should say:

for men: east asian and amerindian females, mulattas
for women: black, north african men, and some amerindian

byt i should say italian men are more inclined to marry outside their race than italian women

on the men category there si the one signifacntly older italian man very young girl from other race (remarcably found here)

Then I don't think that Middle-Eastern is a valid racial group.

Agreed

Turks have little to do with, say Egyptians,

agreed

agreed

or Iranians.

disagreed. Even the most Western Turk is still genetically much closer to an Iranian as to any European population. In fact Dienekes often labels the "West Asian" component as Irano-Anatolian.

Without a doubt here in Germany none can distinguish between an Iranian or Turkish female just that Iranian woman are generally considered as more classy or attractive.

Most Norwegians prefer their own. Among those who marry outside their countrymen, most prefer other Europeans. A minority among women marry North-Africans, Iranians etc., a minority among men marry East-Asians like Thai or Philippinians, probably because they are seen as more obedient and less feministic inclined than Norwegian women.

My Polish friend was upset with his friend who married a Phillipina. I rationalized for him that many white Canadian women behave like men. Who wants to marry another man. Most young Polish women have been Canadianized so are feminized i.e. behave like men. His friend is over 40 as he worked all his life in fish ship factories. He has been all over the world and maybe was looking for an old-fashioned girl but could find any among the Polish girls, I figure.

I think people are attracted by the opposite i.e. features that complement them. I seen very tall guys going out with short girls who barely reach their shoulders. I have seen many attractive people marry not so attractive mates and so on. I think there is a biological reason for the attraction. Scientists also say it is the immune system.

Quite a nice fight is running over here, I don't wanna make it big

:?

This thread has been dead for a bit over a year, I don't think the "fight" is "running over". Also, what do you mean by "I don't wanna make it big"?

But, in regards to what Maciamo said years ago: the results are perplexing. There are many Middle-Eastern women that are attractive and desirable. But, the religious and cultural differences are plentiful. I personally like European, Indian, and Asian women.

But, in regards to what Maciamo said years ago: the results are perplexing. There are many Middle-Eastern women that are attractive and desirable. But, the religious and cultural differences are plentiful. I personally like European, Indian, and Asian women.

Indians are Asians, do you mean Indians and East Asians, because the South Asians (Indians, Sinhalese, Bengali, Pakistanis ) their physical appearances and their culture are significantly different than the East Asians. Although East Asia is very diverse ad broad and the appearances can vary a lot too.

I once had a Sinhalese person asking me why I am so fair and that I was originally from Malaysia. Well, that is because my origins are of Chinese descent which is a north East Asian origins ethnic group where as the Malays and the aboriginals of Borneo Island ( now East Malaysia) are kinds of Polynesians, we got Indians too they are the dark Indians, light Indians look like Persians, according to national geographic studies light Indians have 6 % Northern European genetics where as South Indians only have 2% Northern European Genetics.

Then she keeps on saying that I look like Korean and when she sees a real Korean, she thinks they look like Chinese...HaHa

https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations/

According to the studies, we north East Asians have South East Asians genetics in our blood but less, I won't be too surprised if South East Asians have North East Asians genetics.

Having said that I recently went back to Malaysia for a visit, i noticed a lot of changes, people are mixing up more and more, and the aboriginals and Malay people are getting lighter and lighter. The Indians mixed people still look dark for some reason. It must be a genetic thing, African people tend to stay dark even after mixing with light people, where as Australian aboriginals loose their color a lot more.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 41947 times.

Back