pre-Indoeuropeans in Europe

Is this true that first, they were settled in southern Ukraine/Russia (kourgans hypothesis) ?

It depends of the times. The first "Indo-european" were probably looking as the actual inhabitants of Central Asia. But with the travels through Europe, they have mixed with the locals. For those last, we know few things, but according to the actual physical types, they were probably the contrary of the invaders.

Europe wasn't homogenous prior to the IE invasion. It was already hybridised between indigenous haplogroup I populations and Near-Eastern farmers. The hg I populations were not even the same everywhere. Western and northern populations (Iberia, Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia) were strongly dolicocephalic (long-headed) and rather tall and robust. The Eastern I2a2 people were apparently more brachycephalic (broad-headed). Near-Easterners were gracile and of shorter stature, probably dolicocephalic and narrow-faced.

I have been looking for more accurate data for a while, but cannot find anything. I wish I could find a book with various anthropometric measurements from all periods and regions of European prehistory.

Parašytas: Št. 06-02-2010 06:47:30 Rašyti temą: Antropologinės klasifikacijos (įvairios)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antropologinės klasifikacijos pagal Hansą Giunterį (1891-1968)

1,2 Šiaurietiškasis (nordinis, nordisch) tipas;
3,4 Vakarų (westlich) tipas
5,6 Felinis (faelisch) tipas
7,8 Dinarinis (dinarisch) tipas;
9, 10 Ostbaltinis (Rytų Baltijos, ostbaltisch) tipas;
11,12 Rytų (ostisch) tipas;

Paskutinį kartą redagavo Wolfsangel, Sk. 07-02-2010 18:44:39.

Hello Maciamo ! I am not allowed to post links . There is: Klasifikacijos iš Dr. B.Shultz knygos "Deutsche Rassenkopfe" ; Rasinės klasifikacijos pagal B.Skerlj ;Hans Giunter(1891-1968);Klasifikacijos pagal J.Čekanovskį- Nordinė rasė ; Karlton Stevens Kun (1904-1981) in Lithuanian language with pictures on eforum.lt

This thread has been viewed 33243 times.

Back